October 21, 2014 | 2050 users online

Lipstick - Guerlain - KissKiss 543 Terre DAmour

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2008 9:37:00 AM More reviews by glossedup

**********PLEASE CLICK 'CONTINUED' FOR PRODUCT PICTURE AND SWATCH*********

I'm frankly kind of addicted to KissKiss lipsticks, and so when I was recommended this lipstick as a "lovely warm l/s that doesn't go orange" (though I love orange too-) I jumped and bought it straight away.

It is not exactly what I expected, but maybe that is a good thing. Terre d'Amour is an earthy, midtone, brown-based lipstick with peach and pink tones. I would not call it a brown pink, but a PINK BROWN. The brown tones predominating would make it hard, I think, for a cooler woman to wear.

I am, however, fond of it. Brown-based lipsticks are new to me but this one is flattering. I like layering lighter lipglosses over it, since the formula is a rich, opaque creme. However, I don't think I'll be wearing it alone, and have rated it accordingly. I bet I'd look better in this when I'm a bit older, or in the summer when I'm slightly darker. It's an interesting colour, I really like it and I'm glad I have it, but it's not a staple and I would probably recommend another shade over it if you were only to get one.

KissKisses retail for $28/3.5g (USD) and are packaged attractively (IMO) in big chunky gold cube-stacks, and scented slightly (but pleasantly.) I would not rebuy this, because despite how much I do like it, I don't see myself getting a lot of wear out of it, as I cannot wear it alone.

I am a NC25 (MAC Studio Fix), 30 (Chanel TI), 2 (MUFE Face & Body) Camel (BECCA LSC) OC02/03 (Lunasol Intellectual Powder foundation) AAB.

Guerlain Terre d'Amour

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Kuuipogal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mocha with rose undertones, matte, warm. Great colour, great texture, almost opaque. Gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by angelic88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is the color i've been looking for for a looong while,,the kind of essential shade that compliments my skintone and looks good withOut any more makeup.
i wear it in the morning with mascara and it's enough. LoVe IT =)

great staying power and coverage,, and of course.. beautiful packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2006 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Jasmine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have been converted by Guerlain to become a lipstick person again... that's how good kisskiss lippies are! For around 5 years now I have used nothing but lipglosses because lipsticks dried out my lips. No matter how soft or glossy my lips stayed, I still yearned for staying power. Good thing I was tempted to buy KissKiss and I have had no regrets since purchasing this color! Terre dAmour is a muted pink brown that looks good on me. This is a color for girls who like the natural look or wants an everyday color. Guerlain has a slight perfumey scent that doesn't bother me, the case looks very classy (a little bit old school but classic just the same). The price is not so bad considering that the quality of the lipstick is so smooth. I recently purchased a darker brownish red for nights out and I expect to try out their other lines as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2006 12:30:00 AM More reviews by kn2172

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lipstick smells great, feels great, the case is gorgeous....and oh yeah, I like how it looks too! The salesgirl talked me into buying this shade....I'm more of a brown, neutral lipstick kind of girl. This shade is more peachy, pinky than I usually wear, but it's growing on me. It's a nice change from my dark browns, I suppose. It looks natural and subtle, probably how my own lips would look if they still had their original color. Am I the only one who now has to wear lipstick? The more you wear lipstick, the more you have to wear lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2005 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Sharifa

This is a matt, earthy looking color, it's slightly darker than my natural lip color "medium brownish pink", and softly enhances the shape of my lips. A very versatile and wearable shade. Excellent quality in terms of staying power, comfort and, of course, packeging :)