Orly Coffee Break

3.9

on 5/20/2011 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This shade reminds me of milk chocolate/chocolate milkshakes. It is a creamy light brown with a creme finish. On my medium skin, it isn't as harsh looking like some of the other brown shades in my collection. It comes off looking still soft and wearable for daytime or office because of the nudish tones in this. Takes at the most two coats until I'm satisfied with the opacity. Wears well too without a top-coat.

on 2/19/2011 1:39:00 AM

I had to give this a 5 because it is the ultimate daytime neutral for me. I got so many compliments on this shade! I'm PPP N4, and generally don't do well with things that are too warm or too yellow. Luckily, this one is truly neutral, but not overly brown, which would not be good on me.

It gives good coverage and true color in 2 coats, but it would be easier to apply smoothly with a better brush. I will probably rob another polish for a better one next time, because this is a keeper!

on 9/29/2010 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

My search is now over for the perfect brownish/nude polish. Great texture, and pigmentation...two coats and i'm set. love it<3

on 5/6/2010 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been looking for a good neutral color so I decided to get Orly's nail polish in coffee break.

The polish itself is super pigmented. I used two coats, but it seemed to be a little darker than what was in the bottle.

The color is too dark for me, it sort of aged my hands when I applied. This would be great for someone with a darker complexion.

on 2/28/2010 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my 1 of the product in my first Orly purchase (I bought Petit Four also). I like the color and the formula of this NP. With a base coat, 2 coats of polish and a top coat, it lasted for a good 5 days wear. It will definitely be my neutral color for a everyday wear.
I read the post below, that she found it a little too dark for her NC20. I agree, it's all depends on your skin tone :) I'm a NW25 and I like to wear it as one of my daily nude polish.

After seeing this on a fellow MUA-er on the Nail Board, I loved it and had to buy it. Was what I thinking? It looked so good on her! But on me, it looked like something that should only come out of you and be flushed at once! Maybe my skin tone just clashed or something (NC20)? I'm a huge fan of Orly, I love the bottle's rubbery neck, and I usually like the formula as well. But as the reviewer below stated, this one was streaky on me. As I said, I have seen this look gorgeous on others, but on me, not so much. Try at your own risk.

on 10/14/2009 12:11:00 PM

I'd been on the lookout for a neutral wear-to-work color and I loved Let's Do Lunch (Sorry, I had written lunch break before) by OPI in the Sephora line but I wanted something a little bit more on the brown side. This is my first Orly product and I'd heard good things about it. It was a big disappointment.

Color-wise...I guess it's more of a true brown than I was looking for. Definitely not a bad color but I would've preferred something maybe a shade lighter and SLIGHTLY warmer, the color was a little too cool for me.

It didn't apply very well either, I had streaks in my nails with one coat and I didn't want to apply another coat because I was afraid it would be too brown. (After playing around with it I've discovered that it's actually very true to color and applying more coats will give you the same color as one, which is good).

This next reason is why it gets a 2 though. Even with my Essie topcoat that I put on, by the next day it was chipped, and since it's a brown color it was very noticeable. My Essie polishes and my OPI polishes last 7 days no problem. Before day 7 even got here this polish had already chunked off REALLY badly.

A good thing about this polish though, came off REALLY easily with nail polish remover. A few swipes and it was gone.

I don't recommend this though...nice color but not very nice when it's falling off in chunks from your nails. You can find a decent brown in another line.

on 1/14/2009 12:54:00 AM

I think this color is perfect for people with a medium skin tone that want an understated neutral light brown. I wore it on my toes this past summer and I really liked how it enhanced my tan and I liked wearing sandals with this polish.

on 12/20/2008 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this polish... its everything that OPI Chocolate Moose wasn't for me. A beautiful beige / light brown that isn't too pink or orange. My only gripe is that I'm not too fond of the Orly brush but since its a light colour, application isn't too problematic. Would repurchase.

Picture attached:
continued >>

on 9/16/2008 1:32:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I really like Coffee Break. It is a nice neutral beige cream. There isn't any purple or pink in this beige, which is why I like it so much. Also, it lasted for 3 full days before it started to chip. I didn't use a base coat. I used two coats of color and then I used Seche Vite's Dry Fast Top Coat. My fingernails were completely dry with in 20 minutes. All in all, I'm very pleased with Coffee Break. It is perfect for the office. I'm sure I will use this color a lot.

Popular Polishes