Cover Girl Smoothwear Liptints in Rose Petal

4.5

on 12/30/2008 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't believe I haven't written a review about this yet! It takes a lot of love for me to finish a product, let alone repurchase it. I even went on eBay and purchased in bulk when it was discontinued. I have tried other colors but the Rose Petal is my fav. I'm on my third tube. It's super moisturizing and even though there is a slight scent it's not overpowering and it wears off. There isn't much color payoff but that's what I like about it. The color reminds me of Guerlain KissKiss Gloss in Rose Tentation minus the price tag. Highly recommend if you can get it on eBay.

on 2/28/2008 2:56:00 AM

i loved this product! although the color wasnt that true it still was beautiful! i just love it!!

on 4/27/2007 1:55:00 AM

I really like this colour. I find it very close to DiorKiss in Lychee Rose...and it's not nearly so sticky! This is one of the least-sticky glosses I've found, which I love. It's also just a hint of colour which is nice sometimes...so I definitely love this gloss.

on 1/2/2007 11:45:00 PM

It's funny that, out of all the Smoothwear Liptints, most people seemed to have tried Rose Petal. This is probably the single most appealing color in this line. It just looks youthful, pretty, and natural. The flavor is light and faintly sugary. This one frequently earns me compliments. People have mentioned how thick it is. The trick is not to squeeze too much on (as someone else has said, 'a little goes a long way'). Which is nice, because it's literally lasted me two years. I love how simple the squeeze tube is--it's even faster than using an applicator brush. It's small, cute, fits perfectly anywhere you go. What can I say? I love the packaging.

on 10/8/2006 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Pros: Does the moisturizing that it advertized. Nice texture, not too sticky. Very wet-shiny.

Cons: Smells and tastes AWFUL, in all capitals. I felt like I was eating plastic glue when I accidentally licked some off. Had to drink a whole glass of juice just to get the taste out of my mouth. Thought I'd never wear it again, but since I'm a waste-not, want-not kind of girl, I thought I'd stick with it for a little while. If I concentrate very, very hard on not getting ANY of it into my mouth, it does its job nicely. It also doesn't last very long. An hour, tops, if I don't eat, drink, OR speak.

Lesson Learned? Taste the lip gloss next time before I buy. I used to think this was a gross, unsanitary thing to do, but now that I have to live with a nasty-nasting gloss, I know I'd rather dab some on my tongue (with a clean finger) before buying.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I love, love this stuff! I was looking for something that I could wear everyday and doesn't cost a lot of money (compared to the high end stuff). I read the reviews on this and was skeptical cause it looked like the color wouldn't work for me. I bought it anyway and tried and absolutely loved it! Gives my lips a healthy pop of color, makes them look smooth and sexy. If I want to wear this in the evening I just darken the color up with my MAC BBQ lip pencil and I'm good to go. I highly recommend this for those on a budget, and looking for a gloss that isn't sticky.

on 6/3/2006 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Not a big lip gloss fan (prefer lipsticks and stains), but I really like this one. Looks dark mauve with multicolored shimmer in the tube, but on it leaves barely a mauveish rose tint with subtle shimmer that is really nice. Isn't too sticky so my hair doesn't stick to it and lasts an amazingly long time for a gloss. Love the slanted tip. Good job CG!

Rose Petal is a pretty cool mauve shade.I love the texture of the glosses;they are super smooth like icing and very,very sheer.The perfect tinted lip balms.There's a hint of a vanilla scent with all of these.

on 2/21/2006 11:02:00 PM

I find myself reaching for this all the time even though I have literally hundreds of lippies. I dont know if its all a crock, but I am a believer in CG's labeling things for cool or warm tones people. Ive found that the cool products really do look better on me! This shade is great, its YLBB, shiny, super insanely moisturizing, no offensive smell or taste, just vanilla-ish. Very nice lip gloss!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'll admit it--I'm a lipgloss junkie. When a new type comes out, I have to try it. Rose petal looked to be one of the darkest of these new liptints, and it looked like it would be flattering on me. It's sort of a mauvey rose with tiny shimmer. It's pretty sheer, but sometimes I think a subtle YLBB gloss is great to have. The applicator tip is slanted (woohoo!) and I really have no complaints whatsoever. Great gloss! I'll probably try it in a few more shades.

Recommended for Medium Skin