MAC Satin - Pink Nouveau

4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6 Lake, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 4/19/2015 7:08:00 PM

I don't know why I bought this. It looks very warm toned on me and makes me look tan, which I hate.

on 3/31/2015 1:51:00 AM

Too bright and blue toned but I love love the gloss!!!! For a lipstick I much prefer Angel and Lovelorn. I returned this.

on 3/4/2015 7:27:00 AM

This is a recent purchase of mine and I absolutely love Pink Nouveau. First of all - it is a satin finish which means it is neither drying (like matte) or too creamy, so it does stay in place without smearing all over your face.

The color is this cool toned pink with a tiny hue of lavender I would say. Because whenever I wear it, I can see a light touch of lavender. Might be just me though. Texture is very creamy and does not dry my lips out. However I suggest you exfoliate your lips beforehand, because with bold muted colors like this it might actually accentuate every single dry patch you have there.

Scent is vanilla; lovely and does not stick around for too long. I think this lipstick should suit plenty of different skin tones and if you want to know how to mix it with other colors to tone it down in a nice way you can check this post here. Hope it helps!

on 10/26/2014 9:10:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this lipstick.
It glides on really smooth and you can eat,drink,kiss or whatever you want to do, it stays on like its youre real lip colour. During the day it can be a little bit dry,so i take a good lip Balm or lip butter with me,when i get this feeling. For me its the perfect Barbie Pink, its wearable on every location.

on 7/30/2014 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a lovely color if you have a more neutral or cool tone.
This is a nice medium pastel pink but isn't super bright. It has blue tones to it but not soo much to where it's really bright like candy yum yum.

It's a satin formula which I love, goes on smooth and lasts all day!

I sadly, have quite a warm tone and this shade looks purple on me. If you have a very warm tone then I'd avoid this color and only use it in pics with flash. In person it'll look slightly muddy and purplish. In flash photography it looks amazing, the flash neutralizes the blue tone and makes it the color you'd see on someone with a more cool tone. A nice sort of true medium pastel pink :)
On deeper skintones it tends to look more of a true pink rather than a purplish color.
I'm an NC25-30 with A LOT of yellow tones. None of the NC shades are yellow enough, too peachy on me. I have to use blue shadow to neutralize the orange and add yellow to my foundation.
I'll take a pic of it swatched on my hand to show how it looks on my complexion

on 6/25/2014 7:13:00 AM

its love ... this is my absolute favourite Mac lippy. A beautiful cool toned non-garish bubble gum pink - not too bright and not too pale. Goes on smoothly and lasts for many hours. I bought Saint Germain at the same time thinking that was the winning pick but I prefer this one much more.

It goes well with loads of different make-up looks. On my NC15 skin tone this looks like a mid-pink. I also love how this looks layered with other lip colours. Sometimes to make it a little softer and more of a milky pink I layer this over Angel, I also like using this as a base colour with something brighter lightly brushed over the top to give an ombre look.

Please Mac don't discontinue this one.. a definite re-purchase.

on 6/25/2014 4:01:00 AM

I am so in love with this colour! It makes me feel amazing wearing it. I have to touch it up quite frequently but I have to do this with all lipsticks so it's just second nature to me.

I love the smell and texture of MAC lipsticks! Although I've heard/read that MAC has started testing on animals again which is a big moral dilemma for me and try to use cruelty free whenever possible.

I bought three of these and its my most complimented need I say more? run don't walk to your local MAC and get your pink nouveau one isnt enough of this beautiful bubblegum pink!!!!!!!

on 5/21/2014 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been looking for this pink forever and it was there all along ... I'm a snob wearer all year round ... But this will be my summer time lip color ! I thought saint Germain would satisfy my needs but Pink Nouveau has done it ! I loooove this color goes on smooth no streaks or cracks ...

on 5/18/2014 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Another winner from MAC. I find this Is a great BumbleGum Pink for fair skin gals. As my other MAC lippies: smooth application, wears great with lip primer, no bleeding. Great color to add to one's lipstick collection

Popular Lipsticks