Neutrogena Neutrogena Original Formula Fragrance Free Transparent Facial Bar

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/10/2014 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've only been using this product for about two days, but I already know I'm going to love it. It removes makeup very well and I love the way it makes my skin look after using it.

I use this facial bar twice daily. In the morning after I brush my teeth, I lather up the soap from the bar onto my face and massage it into my skin for one minute. Afterwards, I rinse my skin off and I love how it makes my skin look. My skin has such a beautiful glow to it right after I rinse. I also love how my skin feels, smooth like a baby's bottom. Many people complain that it dries out their skin, which it can, but that's nothing moisturizer can't fix. At night, I use it to remove my makeup and then I use my Olay Cleansing Brush along with it. It really gives rejuvenates your skin and gives it such a deep clean. After that, I follow up with my Dermalogica Medi Bac face wash and just massage that onto my face for about 30 seconds to a minute. Then I follow up with my moisturizer.

I did have two acne spots forming on my right cheek, but I think this product may have kept them at bay. They haven't formed and I'm hoping they don't, but this bar is doing a good job so far of diminishing them.

I can't say enough good things about this facial bar, but I have only been using it for two days so I can't say that I'll always continue to use it. I am going to continue my routine with this and if anything changes, I will provide an updated review.

EDIT: I had a breakout right around the time I started using this. I thought this product would clear up my acne but it actually made me break out more. I was one huge walking zit. It even cause a cystic pimple which I NEVER get. I stopped use of this product and my skin cleared up. This product may be good for those that do not have acne prone skin. I did like the way it made my face feel and look afterwards but it's not worth the breakouts. Needless to say, I will never use this again.

on 7/23/2013 7:22:00 PM

i used this a few times, and while it doesnt break me out, it is more drying than the acne prone bar and left my face feeling too squeaky clean. the smell is a very strong glycerin smell since it is unscented. did not seem to break me out, but it might eventually from overdrying my face.

on 3/5/2013 6:47:00 PM

I really like this product. It smells very refreshing to me. It cleans very good and it's not too harsh. It leaves my skin fresh feeling, but not tingly. I think it helps with my acne. I've noticed a difference. But I believe the foam is way to over the top (which smothers me in my own soap, lol), and it's hard to get off sometimes. And the box shouldn't be cardboard. I think it would be a good idea to up the price a couple dollars and put it in a very cheap soap dish. But it's still of good quality. I will be buying it again. In fact, I've bought it 3 different times already.

on 2/21/2013 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It dries my skin and when I wake up in the morning, my face is really oily. It's too harsh for my oily and sensitive skin. It's too freaking expensive here in the Philippines. The only advantage of this is, it doesn't cause pimple breakout.

on 1/24/2013 12:37:00 PM

This product was very drying on my sensitive skin. It left me with lots of flakes on my face.

on 5/25/2012 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Love the product, its gentle but can sometimes be over drying when i use it incorrectly :o. Very cheap and when used with a loofah is very exfoliating ! Yes i would buy again :)

on 8/9/2011 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I recently went off my usual clear skin regime that had worked well for years because I am trying to conceive--so bye bye benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, etc. My skin went bonkers and so did I after searching for the most innocuous cleansers, only to find that they all contained something questionable for pregnancy. Clean and clear sensitive skin foaming face wash made my acne sore and irritated. So, I saw this Neutrogena bar and in a few days my bumps have gone down and are less painful. It's not an ideal cleanser for me, but it's not making the situation any worse as I wait for the belli cleanser to arrive in the mail.

on 7/18/2011 1:54:00 PM

I use this product with the specialised dry formula. I have tried many products in my life to sooth my dry, flakey skin and FINALLY i have found one that really has done the trick! It works almost immediatly which of course is a huge bonus! Would highly reccomend to anybody!

on 5/17/2011 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

First of all, i am using this facial bar as a makeup remover. i heard tht this product removes all traces of makeup and since i recently bought a very expensive facial cleanser i dont want to use 2 pumps to clear my makeup and then another pump of my cleanser to clean and detoxify. that would be a stupid waste of product. well...what do i say?
i havent used soap in a while, so i expected the feeling...the weird feeling tht theres a layer of film on ur face yuuck! this product defiinetly had that feeling! this wasnt a problem for me because i wash my face with my new acne cleanser but this would probably irritate sensitive skin! i admire how it is fragrance free but it smeels kind of bad, nothing too unbearable. This lathers really well, but i always find myself having to pick the bar off the floor or out of my sink because it keeps on slipping! its not a bad thing. i am just clumsy. As for the price, this bar cant be beat! they retail for 2-4 dollars but the best deal is at target where you can get the three pack for only four dollars. I cant really say much about how long it lasts because i have only used this 4 times. However, in the four times that i used it, i havent seen a big change in size. I thought i would love this as a new addition to my routine, but now im thinking im an idiot and why didnt i just use makeup remover instead?! i personally would not repurchase, because it didnt work for me, but the best thing about this product is that it did not break me out! cheers to that!

on 4/7/2011 3:54:00 PM

I use the soap with the "acne prone skin" formula and it works wonders!! This product dries out acne FAST! I always have to stock up because the store always runs out. This is the key ingredient in my skin regimine. AMAZING PRODUCT :)

Popular Body Skincare Products