July 31, 2014 | 1860 users online

Fragrances - L'Occitane - Vanilla EDT

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love vanilla perfumes & this one was so disappointing. It wasn't a fresh or warm vanilla with spices. It just smelt like a fake vanilla in an ugly bottle. Awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by didi123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I still have some tiny bit left of the old Vanilla, bought many years back. Wanted to repurchase recently at a Montreal store but was told its no more. My heart broke! Vanilla is sweet and dreamy, in an understated and non-sickening way. The packaging could have been prettier though. Its not very long lasting, at least not on me, but its the sort of perfume I love to have in the spring/summer when I want to feel and look simple yet feminine. I also love wearing this to sleep. No one ever commented about this perfume on me though, but I don't really care, I use Vanilla because it pleases me. And I think that about sums up the aura of this perfume, the girl who is happy being herself.

I will be looking out for other Vanilla perfumes. Its hard though, cos almost everything else I have found smells like a sickening Vanilla, like the girl who tries to be really sweet but comes off as fake. Not my real Vanilla. Sorry, I hope my review makes sense.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by 9154mf

I can see why so many ppl were heartbroken when that was dc'd, it is a beautiful creamy caramelly dark vanilla, but it is alot stronger the this newer Vanilla, although they are both EDT's. It is sweet but not in a cupcake/Britney spears kind of way. Its like caramel buttery goodness, oh gosh its orgasmic. a very close second to my all time fave vanilla, TBS original vanilla oil. This is almost like the EDT version of that. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice, warm vanilla scent that can be worn alone, layered with other EDTs or layered on top of unscented body lotion. It's got just the right amount of musk and isn't too sweet. My only complaint is that it doesn't seem to last as long as other EDTs on the market.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2008 2:19:00 AM More reviews by fleurr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice,simple vanilla fragrance.It's well priced but can be a little "too" sweet sometimes...depending on how you are feeling though.

I technically prefer Serge Lutens vanilla but considering the price of this one and the fact it lasts so well I ended up buying the l'occitane..and i'm really happy with it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by pisces31919

I love this scent because it smells like actual vanilla. I just wish that it would lasts longer!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by HeyJudes

Really lovely Vanilla. It's one of my favorite scents out there, but I wish they made a longer-lasting perfume version. I like EDP better than EDT. If you like this, you might like Annick Goutal's Vanille Exquise which is a little more complex but more long lasting. You might also like Keiko Mecheri's Loukhoum which is kind of a stretch, but has vanilla notes in it. It's a bit more powdery smelling, but seriously my favorite perfume of all time

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 2:12:00 AM More reviews by bonita29

This is one of my favorite vanillas ever and I really like vanillas. I know a lot of people liked the older version, but I didn't, this one is younger (for younger people). It is slightly sweet and has a bit of amber in it. It is very nice, but the scent fades away quickly. But I love it

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2007 8:39:00 PM More reviews by OcMd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a lover of foodie sweet scents, ever searching for the perfect sweet smell. Coming into winter I wanted something a little spicy. I almost bought Miss Dior Cherie, but I think I may be allergic to it. Reading reviews on MA, I decided to try the combo of Amber and Vanilla from L'occitane. The other reviews are right: they don't last too long, the vanilla is about an 8 in sweetness and the Amber is pretty woody on its own. Mixing them achieves a scent similar to my broken bottle of Givenchy Organza Indecence....very spicy, but creamy and sweet. Because it fades so fast, it is not the best of the best, but if you like sweet, creamy with some deep sharp spice to temper the sweetness, at a combined price of $34 you can't beat this combo.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2007 4:17:00 AM More reviews by lovehavok

Comforting and warm with decent staying power. This vanilla is definitely on the sweet side, just on the edge of being too much. This was a gift from a friend, and it is 3.3oz, so it will last me a long time. I am not crazy about vanilla like I used to be, so I wont purchase once it is all gone, but that is the only reason why. It is a very nice fragrance.