July 22, 2014 | 1173 users online

Brows - Ardell - Brow Sculpting Gel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Tindra78

Cheap, keeps the shape throughout the day. But I prefer the benefit speed brow in brown...

Ardell is too thin and does not give any glow to the brows! I prefer a thicker gel, and with some "sheen"...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Price: 1
Packaging: 4
Won't buy again

I have flat bangs that push my eyebrows down unless I'm wearing a strong brow gel and this wasn't it. The product feels thin going on and could not stand up to my bangs for even a few minutes, but it might work for someone whose brows never get touched by anything, fingers included. I don't recommend at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by abmnik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This brow gel needs a little more love. I picked this up on a whim and it's been fabulous, I'm on my second tube now. It is far superior to the Maybelline clear mascara which not only deposited too much product but would also leave white residue on my brows. I haven't tried the Anastasia clear brow gel but I don't see much reason to since these hold my brows in place all do, allow me to shape them, and all which looking natural on my brows.

Note that if you want a tinted brow gel, you might want to go for something more expensive since higher end brands get the colours down better. In my experience, drugstore brands tend to put a lot of red in brow products which is fairly undesirable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

It comes in a clear plastic bottle which is good since you are able to see how much of the product is used. The product is in gel formulation which appears to be thin. It seems to work ok. Yet it is hard for me to judge the hold qualities since I do not have any major issues with my eyebrow. No color, no smell. The applicator is bit thick, but I would have preferred a slightly thinner one as my eye brows are not very thick.
Not sure if I will be repurchasing. Probably not since it seems to work same as Tweezerman Mousse but I prefer the latter for a nicer texture.
Not found my perfect brow setting product yet.
----------------------
Must say that the gel used to work better at the start. After I have used 2/3 of the tube it got very thin and hardly kept the hairs in place.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by stupidstarfish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in the Light Brown colour, but it comes out almost red. The colour's too fake and warm when I put it on. A redhead can probably pull it off though. Should have bought the clear one!

The smell is quite nice, but it doesn't really have much of a hold. I also have Ardell's Lash Growth Enhancer, and that actually holds my eyebrows in place better. So I probably won't buy this in Light Brown again, but I might pick up the clear version since it's so cheap to see if that's any better.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by ToriBiohazard

I needed a grow gel in a pinch, so I picked up this Ardell one at the drugstore.
It holds my brows in place, but not exactly all day long. By the end of the day, they either need a touch up, or I'd better hope I can take off my makeup by then! However, it doesn't make my brows feel hard, or crusty like some gels do, so I like that.
Sometimes the brush will pick up some of my brow color and transfer inside the tube. Mine is supposed to be clear, but it's turned the same color as my brow color, due to transferring color to the gel itself. But, it's not opaque, so it doesn't look horrid like some colored brow gels do, it looks the same as it did when it was clear!
All in all it's not too bad, I'd repurchase if I couldn't find anything better!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 8:22:00 AM More reviews by missandix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this gel. I have naturally very defined eyebrows, however the hairs are really long, so I need something to keep them neat.
This gel makes your brows stay in place, but doesn't make them hard (like a hairspray would to your hair). The effect lasts all day long, meaning after many hours pass my brows are not suddenly going to be messy.
Another reason I like this product is that it lets me alter the shape of my brows - more arched or straight - depending on what I want that day.
The only thing I don't like al that much is the clear packaging. No matter how neat and clean you are, the gel is eventually going to turn from clear to a weird dirty color, so I wish the tube wasn't clear. Because of this I actually put on the gel before filling in my brows even though you are supposed to to this the other way around Also, the writing on the tube fades really fast.
All in all I really love this product and would definitely recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

Great, cheap product that WORKS! My eyebrows are strange, they're quite sparse so I can't overpluck them, but I also can't trim the hairs much because they are long (i.e. if I pluck one long eyebrow hair, I end up with a huge gap somewhere else in the brow). Therefore, I just try not to do much to my brows and focus on keeping the long hairs manageable. Usually, I usually just fill in my brows with pencil and very lightly brush this Ardell gel over my eyebrows to get the hairs to stay in the right 'direction'. It works GREAT and stays all day.

I'm taking off a lippie because this gel seems to pick up everything and anything that's near and around my brows. A week after I bought it, the gel in the tube surrounding the brush hairs was extremely cloudy, which is kind of gross but apparently normal for this product. (It picks up powder and pigment from the other makeup products around my brow like foundation and eyeshadow). Nowadays I think it tends to pass this powdery color on to my brows, so occasionally it looks like I have dandruff on my brows as I brush the gel through. Not a great look, but not hard to deal with as I just brush it off once the gel dries. Just don't panic (like I did) if the gel stops being transparent - there's not much you can do to prevent this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my staple brow gel and has been for years. Origins Brow Fix was my HG many moons ago, but that is long DC. I tried a few after that before settling on this one. It does the job without flakes or being too shiny or crunchy, and the brush is dense enough to not clump your brow hairs together. Lastly, it is very affordable. I replace it often since it gets cloudy quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 4:54:00 AM More reviews by tuffers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fun little product to neaten up the brows. My eyebrows can be a little unruly and I was looking around to see what I would help. I don't like to pluck my eyebrows too much because, at age 50, they are starting to thin so all I wanted to do was neaten them. I ran across Ardell brow sculpting gel and it looked like a nice idea. I put on all my makeup, including some color on my eyebrows with brown eyeshadow. Then I go over them with a very, very light swipe of this gel, pushing the brows into place where I want them to stay. later that morning, when all my kids got up, my 12 year old daughter told me my makeup looked especially nice and asked if I was using something different. This was all I needed to hear to decide to keep using brow gel. It's amazing how much better and more put together you look with neat brows. I don't know but for my daughter to notice something different, my brows must have looked pretty darn bad before I started cleaning them up! The only downside I can find is that the gel gets discolored with makeup since I use the wand over my brow color then put the wand back in the tube. It hasn't effected the product performance, though. Highly recommend!