Avon Shine Supreme

2.4

This is not much of a gloss, although it has a glossy appearance; it's more like a thicker liquid lipstick. For best results, I've learned to put a lot of lip balm on first and then just a bit of this (use it sparingly!) and then top with another gloss like a clear or a sheer color. When I use it that way, it lasts a long time and it doesn't dry out my lips. This definitely can't be used like your average lip gloss! It's a different sort of product but I enjoy the results when I do use it...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

one of the worst lip products i have ever tried. shame on avon for even selling it! was sticky, gunky, and dried out my lips. i tossed it in about a week. i think others must have felt the same, because i believe it has been discontinued.

on 12/6/2007 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

When I first tried this product i hated it. It was way to thick, sticky, and goopy. It felt horrible on the lips, and the shade i had was just unflattering. For whatever reason i gave it a second try and actually like it. It's one of those products where a little went a long way, so I learned to apply it sparingly. The price was nice, and the small bottle made it east to slip anywhere.

on 10/22/2007 11:57:00 AM

Why did they even bother with this product? It was goopy, very poor coverage, had a disagreeable smell, was very thin in consistency and I just wiped it off after I put it on as there was certainly no shine, just a mucky, flat mess. The colors are nice but unless you're into the streaked, flat, dry lipped look, this is not going to work.

on 9/5/2007 2:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been an Avon rep for 10 years and really give all their products a fair chance before I formulate an opinion. When the Shine Supreme Lip Color came out, I was so excited to try it. The advertising Avon did for it really made the product look attractive and cool. However, I was extremely disappointed when I finally put it on. Just as many other reviewers have already stated, this lip gloss is WAY too sticky. I cannot understand how anyone can wear this comfortably! One person said it felt like glue on their lips, and they certainly hit the mark on that! That's exactly how sticky it is. And when people were describing its staying power, I thought, "I can't imagine anyone wanting to even kiss me with this stuff on." You'd literally have to peel each other's lips apart!!!! I got mine in Mauvelous Shine. Awesome color, awesome shine, but that's the only good I can say about it. It is definitely not worth all the stickiness that comes with it.

on 5/12/2007 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

it doesn't shine at all, but... I love the texture and its staying power.. and smell! i've got two of these, peache luster and another shade of nude, a beige-brown... Twig whatever, and i love how they suit on me, but I use some clear lip gloss as a topcoat.it's not bad, but i won't buy again, avon does other stuff, like glazewear, which is better.

on 12/28/2006 4:54:00 AM

My review is pretty much like the others. It stays and stays..which can be great but it kinda sucks when you actually want to take it off. It leaves this "I still have a layer of it on" feeling. And it is THICK AND STICKY. I love the color though..I have Twinkle Pink and it is so pretty. It looks natural!..maybe that is why I cant tell if it is uneven like every one says? Over all..I love the color but wish the texture was better. But the color alone is not worth buying it again.

on 12/26/2006 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Tried this in a couple of colors, Apricot Glow and Juicy Raspberry. The Apricot was total orange mess, not browny peach. It was pretty gross and did not wipe off so there is something to be said about the staying power. The Rasp. was much more of a red than a raspberry but it worked out nicely and stayed put. I did not notice that it smelled any better or worse than most lipsticks/gloss. The application was a little streaky but I just applied a little more and it evened right out. I probably won't buy it again but it wasn't totally awful other than the color of the apricot one.

on 12/21/2006 8:19:00 AM

Horrific, streaky, goopy mess. Colors look nice in tube, and completely different on the lips. Consistency on lips is very sticky and not very glossy at all. This product, IMO is a disaster.

on 12/20/2006 10:25:00 PM

Goes on unevenly. Goopy and sticky. Won't repurchase.

Recommended for Medium Skin