November 27, 2014 | 1540 users online

Self Tanners - Fake Bake - The Face Self-Tanning Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Renardo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looks ok when you first put this on, but like the other reviews I have read, when you wash your face in the morning it all comes off. Rubbish product I will never buy again !!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Christac3698

I have repurchased this product twice, and I still love it! I replace it twice a week as my day time moisturizer. I let it dry, and it does not hinder my makeup application in the least. I use along with the flawless self tanning lotion and I have a year round bronze (not orange) appearance. :) I love Fake Bake products!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by FromNJ23

horrible horrible product. Especially at the price. it is so sheer that you only get a tan while its on and once you wash your face it goes away. horrible product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Awful! I dont get why this product has such good reviews!
This does nothing to tan my face.. it just stains my pillow and in the morning when i wash my face its like i never put it on.
It also feels so weird on my skin, tight but not quite dry. If i put another layer it feels even worse. Blech.
and the packaging is awful. After first couple uses, good luck getting it out of there. A squeeze tube would have been MUCH more practical.
Oh and its also very expensive for the 2oz that you get.
But why do i care, i returned it and wont be buying it again.
The only good thing about this product is that it didnt break me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Kristie96

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my second time buying this facial self tanner. I use so many different kinds that I forgot how much I like this one. I really did like it the first time I purchased, and now the new bottle I bought yesterday says reformulated or something on the cap, so maybe there is a slight improvement since my last bottle? Anyway, I used this last night and this morning and am really loving it. I am a pretty pale person, so this is the right amount of "tan" for me. It says it is made for the face and is not supposed to settle into pores and whatnot, and I think this is what makes it worth the price for me. The color looks good the next morning and you really can apply this under your makeup in the AM without looking muddy or green. I would say this is quite an improvement over using my usual Clarins intense bronze, which is like brown water, and must be applied using a cotton ball. I feel you get to use more of the lotion this way too, without it getting soaked into a cotton ball. I do not mind wearing gloves to apply and usually do anyway. I will need to remind myself not to be cheap when this runs out and just go back to using body tanner on my face, yes, there is a difference. Only wish they would change the packaging, it is not that cute, but I guess that should be the least of my worries. Highly recommend for pale people like me that need a little color boost every other day or so.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by OlivianaVS

So far the best self-tan product for face, that I've come across. Deep BROWN color, a bit on the ashy side. Appears natural and doesn't turn you orange, which is typical for many other similar products. Only con is the clumsy and stiff tube => you can never be exactly sure how much you have the product left. Looks rather cheap aswell.. But overall a great product and def. worth every penny!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by audee1213

Only thing good about this: It really doesnt smell bad at all.
Bad: It doesnt blend well, get splotchy, has a strange brown opaque color, worst part you have to use a ton to blend it into the face! The bottle is tiny! Overall not pleased at all over priced! Try Chanel

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2008 1:51:00 AM More reviews by alliemae

I've been using this for 2 days now & I've only gotten maybe 1 shade darker (it does make my skin glow a little more, which is good, but it just didn't darken hardly at all)..it does seem to wash off the way everyone is saying it is. It also seems to be making my acne act up. I love to tan my body, but I'm paranoid about wrinkles on my face so I wear a cap/towel over my face & just self-tan it.. I used the Neutrogena Build-a-tan for a while & it was good, but seemed to stop working after a while (I think my bottle was just super old..it was a friend's leftovers)..so I decided I wanted to try Bare Escentuals Faux Tan, but they were out of it, so I decided to try this since I've heard so much about the Fake Bake body self-tanner. I'm going to keep testing it out for a few days, but if it doesn't get any better I'm swapping it out for the Faux Tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 6:27:00 PM More reviews by mae1866

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am really surprised that people are not getting any color from this product! I have to cut it with my face lotion so it's not too dark. I exfoliate then apply it to my face and chest then wait about 5 minutes for it to soak in and then dress. I always put this on at night before bed. It does come off a little on my pillow but anyone that self tans has this problem and knows it comes out with oxy clean. It can be expensive but a little goes a long way and it does have some great ingredients that help with wrinkles.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by cmercure

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst product - It did not tan me at all! The bottle was awkward and it was pricey