July 22, 2014 | 2351 users online

Lipstick - New York Color - Moisturizing Lipstick

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by kmciolli

New York Color is a great brand to use for testing out which colors work on you before splurging on a more expensive brand.

The color I bought was "sheer red (#309)", which looks very dark in the tube but goes on pretty light on your lips. Yes, this lipstick is very sheer (true to it's name I guess), and no it does not stay on long. I did have to keep reapplying during the day, and it did not maintain any vibrancy. However I really like that about this because it's a "softer" red lipstick - not as harsh as other red lipsticks can be, and certainly not as dark as it looks in the package.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I would purchase these inexpensive(okay, cheap!)lipsticks again just for the HUGE color selection! I'm always sure of finding a few shades that I really like. However, they don't stay on at all! So I use the clear Kiss Gloss from N.Y.C. That takes care of the staying power!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have 314A. This is a choclate brown with a tad of red bronze thrown in. A little too brown for me. More red and it would be great. Heavy pigmentation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by jelly_bean

This is a review for 302B Cashmere. In the tube, the colour looks like a very frosty iced coffee colour. I was very pleasantly surprised at how nice this looks on my very pigmented lips! The texture is awesome - definitely comparable to other ds and he lipsticks. It spreads very evenly and has a nice sheer application. It kind of looks like BB lip lites cappucino but because it is so light, you really don't feel like you're wearing anyting on your lips. It is a very pretty milky nude colour on my lips. There is a bit of a smell - kind of fruity? But it is light and not perfumy like l'oreal lpsticks and there is no taste. This was less than $2 Cdn at Walmart!! What an awesome find!!! I will be tempted to try out more NYC l/s......

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2009 3:04:00 AM More reviews by mszlaydeej

I bought a light pink shade called Chiffon. When I tried it, it was very very sheer and looked white. Also, it didn't feel moisturizing at all. It looks better after you put lip gloss on top but I still wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2007 10:34:00 PM More reviews by DarkBrownEyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like New York Color lipsticks. Can't beat the price, and for me, it lasts a long time. Will probably repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2006 11:44:00 PM More reviews by jadepeony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the price you're paying, NYC lipsticks are worth it. It moisturizes pretty well and there is a good range of color to choose from. The only drawback is that it doesn't last very long. I still love buying their lipstick in shades that I want to 'try out' before I purchase something higher end. I already have about 4 different tubes, and I would continue to add to my collection. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2006 11:15:00 PM More reviews by seahorselove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use 337A It is a pink/brown shade with shimmers of golden pink. I wear it on my lips then add clear gloss on top. I think it makes it look really nice. It also goes nicely with NYC lip liner 956A. I also like the scent. i duno how to really describe it though. its very light, and doesnt smell like cheap makeup. Its a great everyday lipstick, not overly dramatic. its .99c

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2006 1:29:00 AM More reviews by charmressa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm surprised with shade #313A (shimmery coral red). Cheap price, good wear... moisturizes well, no complaints, other than the "cheap lipstick" smell and uninteresting packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2005 11:57:00 PM More reviews by xcutie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this product is BAD. i didnt like it at all. i bought a light pinkish color one and i threw it right to the bottom of my makeup bag. the color looked so nice in the stick, but when i put some on my lip, it was horrible. it was sooo pale and white that it made me look like a zombie. also, it was dry and scratchy, not moisturizing at all. at least it wasnt that expensive.. i wasted $1.50 though. =(