The Body Shop Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was pretty...good!! I got my lip balm in a blueberry tin. The scent is very natural and smells amazing! The consistency of the product is thick-very luxurious and cooling on the lips. The tin can get slightly annoying, but overall is fine. My one problem is the price. I got this product on sale for 2 bucks, but it normally runs 6 or 7 I think. It's a great product, but it compares to my Chapstick. Nothing amazing except for scent. If this is on sale-grab it immediately!

on 1/16/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I usually like products from The Body Shop, but their lip balms are just not good. I have tried the honey one and a seasonal one in glazed apple. Both were poor.

PROS: smell is amazing, nice shine when applied, consistency is nice.

CONS: My lips actually feel more dry after using these which completely defeats the entire purpose. After continual use (re-applying because my lips feel dry) it actually becomes quite uncomfortable.

I will not buy anymore of these.

on 5/22/2014 5:04:00 AM

honestly, when I put this on my lips, it feels like I am literally coating my lips with a weird waxy layer of grease.
it feel SUPER petroleum based even though it doesn't seem to appear on the ingredients list (or maybe I'm just missing it?). And it literally just creates this thin, slick barrier between my dry lips and the air around me which, yes, it means my lips won't be getting drier but at the same time, it's also providing absolutely NO moisturisation. My lips don't feel at all hydrated and the thin waxy coat just kind of sits there and won't go away.

Definitely won't EVER be repurchasing especially since I didn't even finish the entire tub.

on 1/4/2014 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Smells great, actually works decently, but is literally so greasy that it slides right off my lips.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Did nothing for my lips, they are still chapped. Hate the feeling of it on my lips. Like the shimmer it has though. I only bought it to accumlate my purchases to $30 + it was on sale.

I'm reviewing the limited edition christmas lipblams in Black velvet apricot and merry cranberry.
let me start by saying that if you take in consideration that a lipblam costs € 7 and these cost € 5 for 13 g (0.45 0Z) you're getting a lot of produc tfor a little price (at least for a the body shop product). They regretfully come in jars (not hygiënic) but these jars are filled to the brim. Some are difficult to open. (My apricot one keeps getting stuck)
The product itself is very moisturizing and actualy has a good stayingpower. This is importend becaus the lipbalms have little, golden glitters in them, so the lips get a nice glossy finish without overdoing it.
Black velvet apricot is a nice neutral, pink shade that goed on pretty sheer on the lips (would be nice on top of a nude lipstick). Merry cranberry gives of a darker color. it's not as red as n the jar though. it gives lips a nice redish hue.
The balms smell devine!!!! My favorite is the apricot.

i'm very happy with these balms, especialy because they dubble up as lipglosses. I would repurchase this if it wasn't limeted edtion.

This smells so fruity! Yum!

The Body Shop's Hi-shine lip treatment is a thick clear gloss that has little particles of glitter in. The glitter is obvious but it is suitable for daytime wear as there is not so much as to look glitzy.

It slides across your lips from the slanted end of a squeezy tube. It smells so nice that you have to try hard not to lick it all off! It's not longwearing! I don't know how much of a "treatment" it offers, as my lips don't feel "better" after using it, but it is a nice lip gloss.

I can't comment on price because this was a freebie, one that I will look into purchasing once this tube has finished!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It keeps my lips from getting chapped, moisturizes, and smells pretty nice. I have the mandarin lippy lip balm.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

pretty colours. smells nice n sweet.
that's about all. don't have lasting power. dun work well as lip balm as it doesn't moisturize enough.
although cheap, but i think i can get better lippie than this.

Was with some friends at a shopping mall we were leaving was in a hurry went into the Body Shop bought their lip balm.

Hmmmmmmmm. What can I say? dried my lips out, had to keep reapplying. The old stand by saying "You get what you pay for".

Not recommended. Just a disappointment. Why make something for a purpose it doesn't do.

The coconut scent was okay, it just didn't moisturize my lips. Just sat there, and would dry out, and have to reapply and reapply, ended up going to the nearest drug store, that same day and got Burts Bees ( which works okay).

Top Rated Lip Treatments