July 28, 2014 | 1837 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by alee094

honestly, when I put this on my lips, it feels like I am literally coating my lips with a weird waxy layer of grease.
it feel SUPER petroleum based even though it doesn't seem to appear on the ingredients list (or maybe I'm just missing it?). And it literally just creates this thin, slick barrier between my dry lips and the air around me which, yes, it means my lips won't be getting drier but at the same time, it's also providing absolutely NO moisturisation. My lips don't feel at all hydrated and the thin waxy coat just kind of sits there and won't go away.

Definitely won't EVER be repurchasing especially since I didn't even finish the entire tub.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Suddenlii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Smells great, actually works decently, but is literally so greasy that it slides right off my lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2010 8:27:00 AM More reviews by kissesinbetween

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Did nothing for my lips, they are still chapped. Hate the feeling of it on my lips. Like the shimmer it has though. I only bought it to accumlate my purchases to $30 + it was on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Parodybarbiegirl

I'm reviewing the limited edition christmas lipblams in Black velvet apricot and merry cranberry.
let me start by saying that if you take in consideration that a lipblam costs € 7 and these cost € 5 for 13 g (0.45 0Z) you're getting a lot of produc tfor a little price (at least for a the body shop product). They regretfully come in jars (not hygiënic) but these jars are filled to the brim. Some are difficult to open. (My apricot one keeps getting stuck)
The product itself is very moisturizing and actualy has a good stayingpower. This is importend becaus the lipbalms have little, golden glitters in them, so the lips get a nice glossy finish without overdoing it.
Black velvet apricot is a nice neutral, pink shade that goed on pretty sheer on the lips (would be nice on top of a nude lipstick). Merry cranberry gives of a darker color. it's not as red as n the jar though. it gives lips a nice redish hue.
The balms smell devine!!!! My favorite is the apricot.

i'm very happy with these balms, especialy because they dubble up as lipglosses. I would repurchase this if it wasn't limeted edtion.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Thankgoodness4makeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This smells so fruity! Yum!

The Body Shop's Hi-shine lip treatment is a thick clear gloss that has little particles of glitter in. The glitter is obvious but it is suitable for daytime wear as there is not so much as to look glitzy.

It slides across your lips from the slanted end of a squeezy tube. It smells so nice that you have to try hard not to lick it all off! It's not longwearing! I don't know how much of a "treatment" it offers, as my lips don't feel "better" after using it, but it is a nice lip gloss.

I can't comment on price because this was a freebie, one that I will look into purchasing once this tube has finished!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 6:26:00 AM More reviews by flawdperfecti0n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It keeps my lips from getting chapped, moisturizes, and smells pretty nice. I have the mandarin lippy lip balm.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2008 6:09:00 AM More reviews by midnight_plue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

pretty colours. smells nice n sweet.
that's about all. don't have lasting power. dun work well as lip balm as it doesn't moisturize enough.
although cheap, but i think i can get better lippie than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2007 10:37:00 AM More reviews by HaleyGetSmart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Was with some friends at a shopping mall we were leaving was in a hurry went into the Body Shop bought their lip balm.

Hmmmmmmmm. What can I say? dried my lips out, had to keep reapplying. The old stand by saying "You get what you pay for".

Not recommended. Just a disappointment. Why make something for a purpose it doesn't do.

The coconut scent was okay, it just didn't moisturize my lips. Just sat there, and would dry out, and have to reapply and reapply, ended up going to the nearest drug store, that same day and got Burts Bees ( which works okay).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2007 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Flummig

I've tested grapefruit and coconut. They aren't really the best ones out there, but they do moisturize quiet well. Maybe not for super dry lips, but it is so different from each lipbutter, because they moistuizes different, just like the body butters.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2007 7:01:00 PM More reviews by codliveroil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have 2 of these laying around. One is an old Mandarin one (which smelled similar to Satsuma), and I got a shimmering Satsuma one in a gift set this year. I've had the Mandarin one for several years, the scent has gone off a bit, but it has always smelt nice. I liked the way it made my lips look, shiny and a shade darker, but it's not very moisturizing at all. I rarely use my Satsuma one; I don't really care about the shimmer, the smell is to strong, and it drys out my lips. After wearing it, the skin on my lips is cracked and peeled. So I can safely say I will not be repurchasing any of these again.