April 20, 2014 | 988 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Volume Flash

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Tarzmahal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS PRODUCT HAS CHANGED

This was my go to mascara for years and then I repurchased about 3 months ago and it was like a totally different product. I like a natural look and apply mascara very carefully to achieve this look. This used to be the perfect mascara for this purpose. Now the brush has been changed to be more curved and the actual formulation of the mascara is thicker and more wet.

Pros:
- Once this stuff has dried out a little its better
- Adds volume
- Adds length

Cons:
- Can be clumpy
- Brush always seems to have too much product on it
- Can be difficult to achieve a more natural everyday look

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been my HG mascara for years it's thick in formula and grabs my lashes gives me more volume than length I used to fall asleep with it on and wakeup and my lashes were still the same

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by compoundmeter

When I ran out of my old CoverGirl lashblast Volume, I thought I'd give Rimmel a shot.

Bleah. Not especially volumizing, not especially lengthening, not especially good at defining. My lashes are plenty long but not thick - all this mascara did was make them a little darker. For a product that calls itself "VolumeFlash," it was no more "volumizing" than the times I've misplaced my mascara and had to make do by painting my lashes with eyeliner. A waste of seven bucks.

Back to my old mascara, lesson learned.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2013 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Lalolalol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Not bad.
Not great.
Done the job for 3 months.
Not finished yet.
But it's time to move on and forget it has ever existed! lol

It gives length and volume.. It doesn't feel too heavy.. But that's it. It isn't a waw product that left me amazed by it. Honestly.. for the same price would recommend trying something else.

............................................
xoxo, Lolita gilrl ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Zena89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not a mascara connoisseur as before this mascara i only used a very cheap rimmel line that was discon here a few yrs ago (I can't remember its name).

I find this mascara good at volumising. I have medium length lashes that aren't very black. I have the extreme black version of this and feel confident to go without black eye liner. Like others have mentioned it wears off after a few hours (especially if u have pregnancy shiny face like me :-( )

I may start to venture into the world of mascaras and see which works well for me. I think it's a good place to get very black and separated (not clumpy) eyelashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Tatissima

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know the bad review what they are talking about.is one of the best,2tube for me.no regret,better then bloody zoom lash,mac.try for your self.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by iliketoreview

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To be honest, i dont think this is one of the best mascaras out there. It does stay on well and the mascara itself is very good, but i dont really like the wand. it didnt add 10x more volume to my lashes. However, it is a pretty decent mascara, and i would say its good for its price

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by beabeautyqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best drugstore mascara which I have ever come across. First off, my eyelashes are quite long and thick anyway, but still - this does not make them clumpy. They do not stick together when I use this mascara either. The brush is great. You don't need to apply several coats of this to give yourself thick, full lashes - you literally only need to dip the brush into the product once for each eye. It wears well, and comes off well with water and I find that it does not run at all. One tube generally lasts me about 6 months. It retails here for $17.00 but I usually purchase it on sale for around $11 (I know, America, it isn't cheap to buy this make-up in Australia). I will continue to buy the Rimmel Volume Flash mascara. Hope this review helps, beautyqueens! x

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by VAmom

Bought this in waterproof. It won't create really dramatic thick lashes but adds length that looks natural. My lashes but better.And it seems to last well. Kind of like Maybelline Full&Soft. Pretty good deal for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by xEmzyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me start by saying I've tried almost every mascara going! and I LOVE this one!
It really lifts your lashes as soon as it touches them.. a few layers later you have perfectly separated, lifted and longer lashes! it also works great on the bottom lashes. This mascara is the only mascara that actually really gives me that 'awake' feeling! The only bad thing I can say, is that it can be very runny in high winds and you can find yourself with panda eyes it is not what so ever waterproof..BUT I suppose that's what the volume lash waterproof by rimmel is for! which is what I'll be buying next time, however this one wont go unused as I'll stick to using this for nights out :)