August 1, 2014 | 1236 users online

Cleansers - Meaningful Beauty by Cindy Crawford - Skin Softening Cleanser ( aka Nettoyant Adoucissant)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by JitterbugPerfumeLover

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful line. I've tried them all! My last line was Dr. Hauschka, but it's so expensive and I was not seeing great results. I switched to the Lancôme Genefique line and I got a lot of results, but the minute I stopped using it, my skin went back to it's old feel. I saw the infomercial and I ordered it without first reading any reviews, which is unusual for me. I was immediately in love, but I had to use it for several months to really see any lasting results. I have the entire line now, the cleanser, the toner, the day cream, the night cream, the décolleté cream, the eye cream, the glowing serum, the eye capsules, the facial scrub, and the mask. I absolutely love all of it. I use it in conjunction with my Clarisonic and my skin has never been so beautiful and wrinkle free. My only complaint is that it's hard to get the last drops of product out of those hard plastic bottles, and I bought the mini travel sized set when I travelled and the cleanser broke. I now know that I will have to decant from my larger bottles into the soft travel ones rather than to buy the small ones from the company.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by eribear23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This cleanser is ok, but it's a Cetaphil knock-off. It's not meant to be a lathering type of cleanser and as a big fan of Cindy Crawford's for many years, I know that she has mentioned how much she loves Cetaphil. She modeled this product after it, so in my opinion, save yourself the money and buy the Cetaphil non-lathering cleanser and it will work just as well.

I too was roped into the automatic billing and shipping of this product years ago and spent a lot of money on it without results, but since they have added new products, I figured I would try again and ordered the package on eBay and you know what? It's a very confusing skin care line! All you should need is a gentle cleanser, a night cream, which I use the serum for, a daytime moisturizer with spf, an eye cream, and if you want a treat...sure, throw in a mask. But, when you give me a product called "glowing serum" with no real indication of when to use it, you lost me. Is it used in the daytime or night time? Alone or under make-up? After moisturizer or before?

Also, the little capsules meant to smooth lines around the eyes and laugh lines. How often do I use? Again, before or after moisturizer?

Overall, I see no difference in my skin. Save yourself the money. Besides, years ago Cindy admitted to Botox, fillers and Vitamin B12 shots. Unless you do that too, don't think there is any miracle in this skin care line. Your skin is not the same as some melon they grow on the mountains of France.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by allgirlde

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this product the face wash would not take off my make up. I never had acne as soon as I started using the product I broke out badly. The night time cream made my face breakout in red spots. I called to return the product that may I remind you You have to pay for they shipped out a new shipment and doubled charged my account! The product and company are just horrible. I have used may products over the years and this was the worst product ever. DONT USE!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by janho36

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ordered direct from the website the $39.95 "trial" packages. I was shocked when they finally arrived (which took over 3 weeks because it was on "back order" which no one bothered to tell me about).

I thought these would be full size products for you to "try" at a special price. BEWARE - they are NOT full size. They are about 1/2 size of the full-size product.

In addition, you will automatically be signed up for a 90 day shipping. I immediately called them once I discovered that and, hopefully, my account has been cancelled.

Product is just OK. Nothing great and certainly not worth approx. $40 for a little travel size pack of "stuff." Complete and utter fraud with this company.

BEWARE and be forewarned.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by gwendolyn7730

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have nothing positive to say about this product. I purchased it, used it and see no good results what so ever.... Not only does this product NOT deliver results but the 39.99 offer they give you when you buy this, is not actually 39.99. They end up charging you about 150.00 bucks, BUT by the time you figure out thats what they are doing, its too late to return the product and get your money back. VERY misleading company. I've always loved Cindy Crawford but now I hold her just as responsible for misleading me as I do That Guthy Ranker person. I feel completely scammed and these people should be ashamed of themselves. So, if you want to spend 150.00 to try out a new product, then go for it but, its in no way worth it!!!!! Spend the 150.00 to go see a real Dermatologist and get REAL, LASTING results!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by jenniealicel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm finally running out of my Meaningful Beauty products and can say that I somewhat enjoy this cleanser, but not at the cost of buying the other products. I'll switch to something else when I run out. Several times now in my travel case this bottle has leaked--yuck! I rather like putting it on before getting my face wet, and it does seem to clean, but I also use St. Ives scrub to remove dead skin cells (without that, this product is inadequate). If it were less $ and available solo I might buy it again, but as it stands, no thanks.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by janinebul

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Meaningful Beauty is the worst product out on the market!! Thick, gloppy, and pasty. Then as it soaks into your pores you feel a slow buring sensation. It is just so completely awful. I actually threw it away. I have NEVER thrown anything away before.

Absolutely awful!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Valerie84

This is a great cleanser for a person with sensitive or dry skin. It leaves skin feeling soft and clean. It also rinses very well. The texture is a thin, lotion-type cleanser. It doesn't lather up. Skin does not feel tight or dry afterwards. I have oily skin, and it did not control oil very much...but it didn't promise to control oil anyhow. This is very gentle cleanser and I would recommend it for anyone with sensitive skin or young skin. I cannot comment on the price because it was gift. The packaging is nice, the bottle reminds me of a small shampoo bottle. I would buy it, but I wouldn't pay top dollar for it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mom bought the Meaningful Beauty (dumb name, IMO) products on an impulse while watching an infomercial (she's always getting suckered in by those things!)...anyway, she used them a couple of times & then gave them to me, since she's not one to really follow any kind of regimen/routine. I am reviewing product separately.
This cleanser felt nice, but it did not remove all of my makeup. It always left quite a bit of it behind! I would go through 3 cottonballs of toner getting the remaining makeup off. As a result, my skin broke out. Not badly, but it did break out with 4 pimples, which did not make me a happy camper! So back to my trusty Olay for Sensitive Skin, which I've been using for years!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by adlrmns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this line. I am 22 years old, but I am SUPER paranoid about getting wrinkles young. My mother is 47 years old, and she lost alot of weight, so the weight loss made her wrinkles more apparent. She bought this so that both of us could use, and the whole line has made a difference. It's hard to explain, but a while back I used some Clinique products for my oily skin type, and it totally dried out my skin, in the worst way. I had these awful, and painful dry patches on my cheeks, and this was back when I was about 16 years old. Ever since than, I have had bad skin on top of my cheekbones because of the Clinique line. It wasn't acne, but it was very rough dry spots that hurt whenever I scratched my cheekbones. Now comes in Meaningful Beauty. This line has started to fix my dry cheekbones! They are not totally healed, but they are starting to feel smoother, and nicer again. When I first applied the line, (and I mean the cleanser, toner, serum, daytime moisturizer, and the eye cream) my skin looked soo shiny. I looked like a grease ball, and I thought that I would have to send it back because I couldn't deal with looking even oilier than I already am. But about 5 minutes later the products settled into my skin, and my skin looked amazing! Not oily, but dewy. I had a glow! And the night time routine (cleanser, toner, neck and declotee cream, mask (every other night), toner again, and night cream, and eye cream) takes off all of my makeup, and leaves my skin feeling soft and clean! I love this whole line!!! My pores have a smaller appearance, and my skin is just all around smoother!! I am eternally grateful!!!