The Body Shop Lip line fixer

4.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/9/2014 6:15:00 AM

Another positive vote for this product. Does what it says on the tin. Only took one lippie off because it is very thin and sometimes breaks off if I twist too much up or press too hard. I used this for years before discovering ELF's version, which is thicker, but works the same. I now prefer the ELF because it's a bit sturdier and cheaper, but the Body shop one is great as well.

on 4/5/2014 11:05:00 AM

Initial impressions great - it's not something that's readily available as far as I'm aware in the UK. Got it 40% off with a voucher code so fantastic value. Would recommend

Yay! I had long been lamenting the fact this invisible lip liner had been discontinued years ago (my lippy started bleeding at age 27 and I've never smoked!) so I never had reason to go into the Body Shop for years. Then I recently spotted it for sale on Ebay and snapped one up. It's the same quality as I remember and I now look forward to wearing my red, vivid pink and deep brown lipsticks on a regular basis! Coupled with Clinique All About Lips it's goodbye to lippy bleeding for me.

on 3/21/2014 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Amazing product!!!

My lipgloss and sometimes my lipstick (the creamier ones) had been bleeding ever so slighlty and it was annoying me. The final straw was when i did a red lip with liptick and gloss and the bleeding was a little obvious for my liking :-( So i did some research and saw lots of similar kinds of waxy liners to stop lipstick and gloss form bleeding. Some of the liners were close to 20.. I didn't want to spend more than 10 and the reviews for this were fab so i thought i'll try it out.

It is perfect. I use mine everyday now and line the outside of my lips (just over the lip line), then i line my actual lip line with a lip liner and then follow with lipstick/gloss or both. It works a treat and i have not experienced any bleeding since i have been using this :-). Great product that i will always have in my make up bag x

on 11/25/2012 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great product and a great idea!

The lip line fixer was recommended to me by a friend and we ended up buying the product together and we have both loved using it.

I vary what lipsticks I use depending on what I wear and I can't afford to buy the matching lip liner to every lipstick I own so this has worked out perfectly for me.

The liner itself is VERY waxy to hold your lipstick in place and even though it is meant to be translucent, it can be a bit whitening so when I apply it I do all my other make-up bar lipstick. Then I rub in lip conditioner and heavily line my lips until there is enough wax to stop my lipstick from bleeding everywhere. I pat the foundation I am already wearing over the liner just to take off the whitening effect, but the liner is still serving its purpose, then finish off with the lipstick off your choice! Keep in your bag for touch-ups later in the day and it's only 8 or something...

on 2/25/2011 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great product. It's a colourless waxy lip liner that is completely invisible on the skin, but really does define your lip line and prevent smudges and bleeding. I've only tried it with neutrals so far, but I really like the subtle definition is gives, rather than the harder line of a coloured lip line. Will definitely repurchase!

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I am impressed by this product. It does the job, great as Im not normally a lippy girl so when I do use a lipstick it stays in place. pleased I purchased this.

on 9/18/2009 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This is a good solution to trying to match multiple lipliners for different lip colours - a clear, waxy pencil that can be used for every colour. I also use this with my tinted lipbalms and the better defined edges makes for a more polished finished look. Because it's clear, I don't need to worry about mistakes, and even if I draw a dodgy line, it's easily removed without leaving stains.

I prefer TBS's version of clear/reverse lipliners to others because it's cheaper and it's retractable so there's no wastage with sharpening. But I wish the tip was thicker as I'd feel better knowing there was a big enough line keeping my gloss/lipstick in place.

on 9/17/2009 7:17:00 AM

I am not over the top in love with this product, still it gets a 4. The reason is twofold. First of all it does everything it is supposed to do. It lines the lips invisibly, creating nice, sharp lines and keeping the lipstick in place. Secondly, it is one of those staples you cannot afford to be without even if it is not a "I love this!" product. You know the ones, always looking for a nicer (and frankly cheaper) alternative but you keep returning to it over and over again since nothing else really works as well. And that, in my opinion, is a good product.

on 11/15/2008 2:02:00 PM

I bought this on Paula Begoun's reccomendation, and I've been really pleased. I line outside my lip line, and do find that lipstick or gloss stays where it's supposed to. My general lip routine is a light application of Carmex clickstick, blot after a minute or two, apply this product, then lipstick or gloss. Works for me!

Popular Lip Liners