November 23, 2014 | 1996 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Honolulu Honey

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a ton of lipsticks, and this is by far one of my favorites. It's a peachy nude that looks great with my pale skin. To make it work on my pigmented lips, I first put on a layer of L'Oreal Golden Splendor lipstick, top it with Honolulu Honey and then finish it off with NARS Gold Digger gloss. I'm in love and will repurchase when I run out of this tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by ParisTroika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased Honolulu Honey, a lovely nude, satin color. My go-to nude is a different brand, but I was in Sephora and didn't see Discretion (Laura Mercier, which Sephora does carry). I really like the color, it goes on creamy and is long lasting. It is a true, warm nude color, not a "Your Lips But Better" shade of rosey nude, it is a true skin/flesh-toned nude that makes smokey eyes pop. I always pair a smokey eye with a nude lip and this is fantastic.

I have been wearing this every day to work, and I've been loving it. I'm definitely willing to repurchase, as I think I may like this better than my wonderful Discretion, as Distrection is much more of a brown nude.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Honolulu Honey is one of my favourite nude lipsticks. It's a very flattering, warm, peachy nude on my NC30 Asian complexion and pigmented reddish-pink lips. The formula is opaque, slightly moisturising and comfortable to wear (creamy but not too thick), and lasts 3-4 hours on me which is average for a satin finish lipstick. Because of the peachy undertones of the lipstick, the colour doesn't wash me out and I can wear it with a variety of looks, not just a heavy eye. Other than the standard smokey eye and nude lip combination, I like to pair Honolulu Honey with a cat eye and rosy pink cheeks or with lots of mascara, gold eyeshadow, bronzer and a peach blush. No matter how I wear this lipstick it seems to brighten up my face and make my lips look plumper and very sultry. MAC's Freckletone is similar to Honolulu Honey in colour, but when applied they're different (Freckletone is semi-opaque and glossier than Honolulu Honey, which covers your lip colour completely and has a soft balmy finish). If you have a yellow- or olive-toned complexion, definitely try this shade out because chances are it'll be very flattering on you. I could see it working well for deep skintones as well. On the contrary, if you're fair and cool-toned, Honolulu Honey might clash with your complexion and show up a garish orange instead of a soft peachy nude.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Reference: NARS Barcelona or MAC NC 30-35.

I have pretty pigmented lips and that makes it hard for me to find a true nude on my skin that is opaque enough. My ultimate HG nude lipstick is NARS Madere and MAC Myth (which I apply with a very light hand). I do NOT like concealer lips, I like a pretty, soft, nude shade.

Honolulu Honey is pigmented enough to truly counteract the redness in my lips and it does wear very well. It isn't drying like MAC Myth. I do love that while it's opaque it does have a bit of a sheen to the finish. I find that a truly matte nude can end up looking very harsh. The texture and finish make Honolulu Honey very wearable.

However, the color is completely wrong on me. NARS describes it as a beige - but on my tan skin it ends up making me look sick. I have very very white teeth, but Honolulu Honey makes them look yellow. On me, the color ends up looking nude - but with a yellow or orange undertone, which results in making my skin look awful.

NARS claims that this is a great color on fair or olive skin - so it probably works on others. The texture and finish of this product is excellent, but the color is just so wrong and unflattering on me. I find that NARS Belle du Jour (while less pigmented and less opaque) is a much prettier nude on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by char93

This is the perfect nude colour! It feels amazing on, doesn't dry my lips and gives such a rich colour. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by shumster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Nice color, just not on me. Nars Barbarella is my perfect nude as it keeps some color in my lips. Honolulu Honey just looks like I put concealer on my lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Honolulu Honey was my first NARS lipstick. It feels very comfortable on the lips. I always wear nudes, but this was not a nude for me. It shows up dark peach, almost orange. Maybe this would work out as a nude when I am tan. Since I am a nude lip only girl, back to Nordstrom this goes. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Ashnkb8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great nude color. I love it and will definitely buy it again. It was the nude I was looking for.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by lbxgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic color and application. For a few years, I've been looking for that perfect nude pinkish lipstick - and this right here was the one. Though, it fades away throughout the day. Natural looking.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This looks good on the tube but when I applied it on my lips the color is not the same. color looks like a concealer and it kind of washed me out and it hardly showed up on my NC40 skintone, so I had to lined my lips with a taupe lipliner. once lips are lined with a taupe lip liner the color pops up a bit, and become a light peachy orange on my lips. I don't really like orange lippies so I am not really a fan of this one