April 23, 2014 | 1980 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Godiva Solid 2 in 1

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 5:39:00 AM More reviews by jasminsambac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My favorite solid shampoo so far, creamy and a sexy jasmin perfume, a pleasurable and efficient shampoo. I always have one in my bathroom. On the moisturizing side, not enough for my hair so I use amercican cream conditionner after... but still a very good shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by KatesOpinion

Godiva was the first solid shampoo I've ever purchased and I'm glad I did. The scent is divine, although I think people either gonna love it or hate it.

It hasn't made a drastic change to the way my hair looks in terms of softness or shiness, but it definitely made my hair less greasy and my hair that usually gets visibly greasy on the second day of washing can now last for up to 5 days without washing!

It lasts for a really long time too, I have fairly long hair and it lasted me for three months.
One thing I would say, the claims of it having a conditioning effect aren't really true. I still had to use my deep conditioner to revive my split ends.

Other than that, Godiva is a lovely product and it is sure worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been trying to find some good cruelty free hair products for a long time. But every time I try my hair ends up feeling like I never wash it or like straw. I haven't found a good product in between. Until this. I was SO hesitant because it's a bar. I was anticipating hair like straw. But the smell won me over so I bought it. That and I haven't met a lush product I didn't like. But the smell OMG it's fantastic. Normally I hate jasmine,you know how normally it's one of those fragrances that smell really heavy and synthetic, but not in this, it's so fresh and sweet and true to how the real flower smells. (Strong mind you, so if you are not sure about it don't bother because as soon as it gets wet the entire bathroom will smell like this) it really lathers up pretty nice, in fact I like this kind of lather over traditional shampoo, because I have super thick hair Its hard to spread it everywhere and coat my whole head because of how thick the shampoo is. ( thick hair girls, you know what I'm talking about but I normally use my hands to scrap the lather off parts of my hair that that have too much and plop it on parts that don't have any) But with this few swipes here, few there and bam my whole head was covered in light foamy lather. l wasn't brave enough to test the 2 in 1 factor so I did fallow it up with conditioner. When I got out I was confused, due to the other reviews most girls were complaining about having crazy tangled hair. And my hair was just fine. I continued with my nightly ritual added my leave in conditioner and argon oil and notice my hair was a lot less tangly. I let my hair air dry and when I woke up my hair had tons of volume and was a bit shinier and just as soft I was blow away. I really didn't think I could find a cruelty free brand of shampoo that worked for me. ( and it's package free too!) I am really glad I tried this because I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by jdilan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so skeptical when I first purchased this. A solid shampoo? How is it suppose to moisturizes? well, I thought I'd give it a shot and I'm happy I did! Its actually pretty moisturizing on my hair and it leaves my hair smelling wonderful! I use a few swipes on the top of my head then I flip my hair over and do the same to the bottom then I massage it in. In order to save it, you need to keep it in a dry container so it doesn't get moist and go to waste. I keep mine in a plastic soap container. I would definitely purchase this again but after I try other Lush solid shampoos.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Ikvira

I love this bar, although it kinda sicks that you have to purchase the tin separately. I After using this shampoo bar for a few weeks i noticed it made my hair much softer and i really like the scent of it. However, some of the chunks keep separating and i have to smush it back into place. Overall it's a very good product but it's not quite for everyday use, i usually wash my hair every other day and if i have to wash it constantly i use a different shampoo for that day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Beeebee

I really really love the smell of this and the way it lathers and everything about it :) I don't use it as a two in one, I just use it as regular shampoo but it's great!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by marilynlovesyouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Godiva for 5 years now! I used it when I had my virgin hair to my mid back, and it worked fabulously without using a conditioner after wards. Nowadays I've got previously bleach damaged hair( had white blond hair for all of high school) which I have been healing while using the shampoo. My only gripe is that I need to wash it before with another shampoo if my hair is particularly dirty (3rd day hair) also, the smell can be off putting to others, but I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Scrilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My first MUA review ever!
I received this Lush shampoo as a Christmas gift and have been using it since that day. I have long (midback) wavy dark brown hair, oily roots and dry ends. The first time I used this shampoo I was on the fence. My hair had incredible body and beautiful shine (seriously glossy shine, like an ad, unparalleled to any other hair product I've used) but a less that desirable texture. I couldn't run my fingers through it.
Next try I followed with a conditioner: grease city. I was steadfast in not giving up though.
After 2.5 weeks of using this shampoo I am in love. My hair adjusted to it and is glossy, voluminous, and relatively tangle free. My hair tangles very easily though. I've been getting compliments from co workers on how good/healthy my hair looks and I swear it is healthier. I'm shedding less! I was having major shedding issues with my last shampoo and conditioner, Clear scalp therapy. Do not buy those products! My hair was shedding twice as much as usual. It was terrifying.
I love this shampoo bar. It's my new favorite thing. I strongly urge people trying it out to give it a week or two for your hair to adjust, as you should with any new product.
I also don't use a conditioner with it at all, which will save both time (letting it sit for two minutes? Snoozefest) and money.
also no packaging is incredible! Good for the environment and you get to use the whole thing instead of a shampoo bottle where you end up leaving the darn thing upside down to get the last bits and even then, we know some is going in the trash, always.
Lastly the smell is divine. Beautiful fresh jasmine flowers! It does not stay in your hair after though, which is a huge plus to a perfume nut like myself (same username on fragrantica).
I never want to be without it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Egordo9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have combination hair, I have oily roots and the mid section tends to dry out and get frizzy, so it's hard to find a shampoo that moisturizes but doesn't weigh my hair down. I asked the LUSH employee what she thought about the solid shampoos and which one would work best for me. She directed me to the Godiva 2 in 1 solid shampoo. It smelt nice and seemed to be interesting, I was excited to try a solid shampoo since it seemed to be easier to travel with and Eco friendly. I had read reviews on this product online and it seemed to be mixed, so I tried for myself. It is strange to try and lather your hair with a bar, since I'm so used to squeezing out shampoo from a bottle and lathering. The smell remained the same, and I found my hair sounding squeaky as I rinsed out the shampoo, now the fun part... Once I got out of the shower my hair was a tangled mess! I had to spray some smoothing de tangle cream into my hair just to pass the brush through my hair.

I would not use this product again, it made my hair dry and straw-like... I feel like maybe I didn't give it a fair shot but the detangling of my long hair was enough to make me run the other way. Maybe someone with shorter hair would have more luck with this shampoo.

It is now sitting in the metal tin they sold me, in a sludgy mushy state.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by BonBonMouse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am working my way through my 3rd bar of LUSH Godiva shampoo bar, so I think that it's time to share my views on this product with MUA.

Side Tangent: My first Lush shampoo bar was Seanik, which I received in a swap. It was blue, it had seaweed in it, and it was supposed to be suitable for my hair type. Seanik left my hair flat and volume-less. I went back to Lush and discovered Godiva, which smells heavenly to me, imbued with lovely jasmine flowers. But... the SA refused to sell it to me, telling me that it was too moisturizing for my hair type. This happened several times, and finally, I managed to buy one when my usual SA wasn't there. I told myself that if it was indeed too rich, then I could just use it as a bar of shaving soap for my legs.

The first time that I used it, it indeed left my oil-prone hair squeaky clean. I was ecstatic and delighted in the scent of jasmine perfuming my bathroom. Since then, Godiva has been my go-to shampoo. I wash my hair every other day, so I don't use this every day. It really does last a long time. I was very skeptical when the SA said that you only need a few swipes to get bubbles, but it's true.

The trick is to find the right balance between the perfect number of swipes, and not getting the bar soggy. I find that the best way was to first wet my hair, then swipe 3-5 times across the top of my hair. I then massage it into my scalp and rinse. Then I flip my hair over, and repeat the process from the bottom side, and work my way up to the middle of my scalp.

As soon as I'm done with my swipes (out of the water's range), I place the bar back into the lush tin. (I didn't invest in a Lush tin until I started my second bar. Now I have two - one for my shampoo bar and one for my conditioner bar. But that's for another review.) If it is very wet, I just place the bar on the lid side of the tin until it was dry.

I've traveled across the country three times in the past year, and I love how travel-friendly it is, particularly by air. It's comparatively light-weight (for the number of uses you get out of it), spill-proof, TSA travel-friendly.

I was hesitant to spend ~$12 USD on a tiny looking shampoo bar, but don't let the appearance fool you. The scent will easily envelop any room you place it, It's a wonderful, hard-working product IF you know how to use it correctly.

The smell doesn't really linger in your hair after you wash off the shampoo, which isn't a deterrent for me.

My last few hairdressers have commented on how healthy-looking my hair looked. No split ends, keeps my oil-prone, straight, thick asian hair healthy and free of product build-up.

Plus, it's environmentally friendly since LUSH cut out the plastic packaging that are used by most shampoos. I always keep an extra bar on-hand, so I don't run low on this lovely staple. <3