October 21, 2014 | 857 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Godiva Solid 2 in 1

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've repurchased this time and time again so since I'm on a LUSH review kick, I figured I might as well review this one too (even though it's not something I've bought recently). I use this more as a clarifying agent than a regular cleanser in my hair, as I'm trying to do the no-poo thing more often these days. You definitely get that squeaky-clean feeling with this one, but it's not as harsh as Seanik, which just totally killed my hair. When I use it as a shampoo, I make sure my hair is pretty darn dirty beforehand and then heavily condition afterwards or else I will be a frizzball.

However, I give this product five stars because of a) its wonderful smell, b) its longevity and c) its multi-functionality. I buy a lot based on scent and this is no exception -- it's heavenly. Better than any other shampoo I've used by far. I wish they made a corresponding conditioner so I could smell it all day.

Since I have to cover up this heavenly scent in my hair with my conditioner, I use this shampoo as a bar soap, too. It doesn't dry me out at all. It's a little hard to get a lather going, but it works.

I store it in a tin in my bathroom cabinet, lid left open for it to dry. I haven't had it melt from leaving it in the shower, because there is no place in my shower or tub to store things -- the tub has a round edge, and I hate the look of cluttery showers so I have a tiny shelf that only holds the stuff I need while I'm actively showering (and then it all gets put away). I did have Godiva melt in the car once, which was a bummer, but it was still usable afterward (just a weird, not-very-pretty shape).

Overall, I'm going to keep buying it until they come out with a liquid version, at which point I'll probably switch between the two. If they make a super-moisturizing conditioner with this scent I will buy a whole vat (OK, maybe just the largest container they sell).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2014 7:06:00 AM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Godiva is my first solid shampoo from Lush. Love the scent, but it's really inconvenient, once it is soaked wet, it just dissolves away, they said one piece can last for 80 washes? No way! At least not with this one. I tried to keep it dry, but it turned into a melting ice-cream, this can be quite annoying. Next time, it might be wise to chop it into small pieces and put them away, take one when you need it.

I wish they could make a liquid shampoo version of Godiva, this is the best smelling shampoo I've ever had, and don't want to quit using. Despite of all the inconvenience and complaints, I enjoy being intoxicated by this lovely jasmine scent, and I will buy it again. LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by jkhan

i've been using this product for 2 years now and im not going to stop using it anytime soon!
Pro's:
1)Smells divine
2) Works on dry hair
3) Lathers well (lather in your hand instead of directly rubbing the bar on your hair...you save more product)
4) cleans your hair well
5) NATURAL!

Con's:
1) shea butter chunks can be large....causing the bar to break as it thins
2) Hard to store...keep away from water and in a well drained spot

overall im very pleased with this product and will repurchase again and again and again <3

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Amy622

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the solid shampoo idea, and I love lush, but for my dyed blond hair this was a NIGHTMARE!!!! don't use if your hair is dry at all! It will be breaking off.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by msBeautyphile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did a video on LUSH's dry shampoos because I was super impressed with two factors: they are PRESERVATIVE FREE (check the list of ingredients on a liquid shampoo - if the primary ingredient is water it can't make safely claim) and ECO-FRIENDLY - One solid shampoo bar equals three 8.8 oz liquid shampoo bottles and doesn't come with packaging for landfill.

Here is the vid I made:

Personally I am not anti-preservative (I deal with it on a case x case basis), but if buying preservative free is a priority for you - then I think these solid shampoos are more than lip service.

Here are some thoughts if you're on the fence about the product:

-You can't leave the dry shampoo in a soap dish with water. Remember, it doesn't have preservatives - and if your bar doesn't dissolve, you won't want it to have bacteria. If you think you're going to forget to do this, then this might not be the product for you.

-Don't hang onto a product like this beyond the expiration date. Again, there are no preservatives to help prevent it from getting bacteria as the product gets older and starts to collect moisture.

Personally, I have used both Godiva and Seanik. They tend to be my go to shampoo products when I travel.

Hopefully this helped!

B

Price as of : 6/14 $12.05
Packing: $3.95 if you want tin or nada if you want the product naked :D
Overall Rating: Gets mega points for being legit when it comes to preservative free and eco-conscious.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by emysiu

Godiva's been a product that I tried in my journey through solid shampoos. My main issues with my hair, I need something that will clean all the product in it properly without drying it out. I have split ends and dryness in my locks. Godiva is definitely one of LUSH's more moisturizing options, though still not enough for me. It smells wonderful, an invigorating citrusy orange smell that is elevated by the jasmine. I wish they could bottle the scent! Godiva will clean your hair well, just like the other LUSH solid shampoos. But it seems like a common issue with dry hair and these shampoos, is they may not be moisturizing enough. I did find the fallout of the chunks inside the soap a bit annoying-it makes this shampoo less long lasting than the other solid shampoos from LUSH.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUp19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My hair is slightly wavy, fine, but there's A LOT of it. If I don't condition then I will inevitably get awful tangles. With that being said, this shampoo is amazing! I love that it is a solid, so much easier to travel with. And it lasts forever! The last bar I had lasted me about 9 months and I wash my hair about every other day, sometimes longer if my head cooperates. With this bar, I have noticed about half way through day two my hair feels like I NEED to wash it. However, it is very moisturizing. I am still attempting to grow out my hair so I only get it cut every two months or longer, which means my ends can get awfully dry. I still use a conditioner after this, American Cream I can massage all over my hair or Retread on just my ends. And it even helps my hair curl! I look like I stepped out of a hair salon when my hair dries naturally after using this. Definitely a must try, just ask for a sample if you're nervous. Also, I would definitely get a tin! Or it also fits into the black jars :) I have mine in an old herbalism pot.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Mariezy

It was a novelty product (solid shampoo!) for me and I loved that it was a 2-in-1. The smell was just so amazing and it left my room smelling great because I leave it out to dry.

However, I find that the shea butter doesn't really soak into my hair and made my hair look greasy even after I had just washed it. Maybe I will try some of the other shampoos by LUSH that doesn't contain the "moisturizing" element, but I will not be re-purchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Kraeker3

Love love love this product, it has the greatest smell of jasmine and leaves my hair softer and shinier than any other shampoo I've ever tried. It definitely is a must try!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by EmiTheGreat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite lush shampoo. Although a bit pricy, it lasts quite long.

The compact yellow bar has white pieces of conditioner in it and has a nice scent, mainly jasmin.

It cleanses well and leaves hair soft. If you have very dry hair, you should team it up with a good conditioner. Otherwise, the bar conditions enough.

My tip for storing is to put it into oe of these big black lush containers. :)

Greetings Emi <3