November 29, 2014 | 1047 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - 522A Dark Wine

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is for 522A. It is a dark berry / wine color. Incredible color payoff! I sheer it down with a lip balm to make it more of a stain. Lovely color year round, day or night...full strength for drama to sheered down for a pretty stain. Nice creamy formula. The packaging isn't fancy or anything (obviously...it's 99 cents), but the little catch that keeps the lid on seems pretty secure and that's the best I could ask for! Overall, really good formula for a wonderful price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

Berry shade that reads "red" on me without being true red. I feel like this is a nice fall color because of the berry/almost plum tones. It works well with the usual retro look I try to pair with darker lip colors, and can go from fairly vampy to a pretty sheer flush depending on how much I apply or blot and whether I layer a clear gloss over. Layered with a shimmery nude gloss, it make a really pretty mauvy pink too.

It lasts well enough to make me happy, especially as it fades pretty and not weird -- sort of in shades true to the tube color and not going hot pink or anything.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by flamencovixen

The version I have is numbered 522A not 522 but it is called "Dark Wine." I bought this a few weeks ago when Wet n Wild was BOGOF.

The other reviewers seemed to love this lipstick but not me. It's actually quite dark and intense on me - it is a vampy, burgundy, wine colored lipstick and it really looks too bold for me, especially because I have light skin (for reference, I have neutral to warm undertones, MAC NC 25ish, Cover Girl in Buff Beige). it's a cream lipstick but a little on the dry side.

It definitely is a more grown up color but I just can't pull it off because it really clashes against my pale skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

I absolutely adore this colour. I can't use most reds because it's too orange or clownlike on me but this is a wonderful wine colour that's not too vampy or extreme for the day time. Creme formula, no shimmer or glimmer or glitter which is great. A nice classic colour that can work for those who doesn't like a tomato red but want a red lipstick. The fornula isn't overly moisturizing but I like the "matte" finish. I've been looking for this shade for a while, I'm surprised I found one by WnW for a buck. P.S. this makes a beautiful berry shade stain as well! well worth the dollar spent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2007 2:43:00 PM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

522A is Dark Wine. don't let the dark color fool you. it goes on more of a neutral berry that is very slightly burgundy. if you like WnW blush Mellow Wine 833D, this pairs off that blush nicely. the two are very sophisticated colors that aren't too bold for everyday wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2005 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a dark-hot pink/burgundy lipstick that looks great on. The texture is very nice too. Of all the expensive lipsticks I have tried, this is actually one of the few pink lipsticks that I can wear. Usually I prefer reds or browns. For some reason this lipstick looks dramatic and feminine and sophisticated, not cheap and fuschia like a lot of pink lipsticks look on me.