November 26, 2014 | 1240 users online

Fragrances - Calvin Klein - Euphoria

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not huge into fruit-chouli fragrances, which mostly end up smelling like one another because there are literally thousands of them glutting the market, from Coco Mad to drugstore body sprays with names like "Sweet Seduction." However, I've chosen Euphoria as the representative fruit-chouli in my fragrance wardrobe. It's classy, appealing, and wearable by all ages.

There is a significantly sweet and tangy rush of realistic pomegranate that hits you on first spray and keeps going for some time thereafter. The ripe purple florals hover subtly overhead through the mid and base notes, which are mainly about ambery woods entwined with a gossamer patchouli whisper.

Is Euphoria ground-breaking? No. I don't even feel confident I could correctly identify it if blindfolded and given 20 popular fruitchoulis to smell. But, for what it is-- a mainstream, safe, formulaic designer fragrance-- it's very good stuff. It elicits kind of a visceral, child-brained "yum" reaction, so I use Euphoria when I don't feel like dealing with a more formal, classic of challenging scent. I also totally dig the bottle concept, although it is impractical; the base rocks back and forth, and between the glass and its metal taco-shaped over-wrap, the bottle is stunningly heavy. Also, the metal portion easily dents and scratches. Something to keep in mind if you're buying this for the gorgeous bottle; that bottle is almost impossible to keep pristine.

One last note, staying power and projection are a bit disappointing for an EDP. If you're expecting a nuclear-strong Klein fragrance, like Eternity or Obsession, think again. I can use 5 to 6 full sprays under my shirt and after the first 10 minutes, someone still would have to stand pretty close to detect my perfume. It's mostly worn off after 6 hours, too. What I do is to layer this with a designer knockoff of it (I like the Perfect Scents dupe at CVS, it's nearly spot-on) so I can increase longevity
& projection without breaking the bank.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I thought I would love this fragrance but itís just kinda common and very strong. Itís also headache inducing. All I smell is orchids, violets, and lotus.

The top note is pomegranate I donít smell at all. The middle notes of lotus and orchid are most prominent to me. The base notes of violet, amber, musk, and mahogany are also very strong to me and linger.

Overall I feel this is pretty common and loud. It will trail heavily and it lasts for 8+ hours on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by snkatha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

This one is a fruity floral. It's sweet, quite strong & lasts a long time. It has a kind of cologne-y vibe, which makes me think of men's cologne. I wore this for several years & it is the one perfume I've worn that I've had the most compliments on. I've even had people (guys & girls) stop me randomly to ask me what I'm wearing because it smells good. two thumbs up!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by gmstrack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Euphoria EDP by Calvin Klein is a designer fruity-floral, and unfortunately, I initially dismissed the fragrance and didnít take the time to properly try it on. However, Euphoria has recently become my friendís signature scent and it smells wonderful on her. In spite of the available note list, Euphoria has a large dose of patchouli and the fruity-floral part is not overly obnoxious and girly; itís a sexy ďfreshĒ fragrance suitable for all ages. Itís not mind-blowing or interesting, but it certainly smells good.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by mhubbard

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would give this a 4.5 rating. I really like this scent, however it disappoints just a bit in strength and overall impact. Keep in mind, this is not really a workplace perfume, too exotic with the potential to offend. Is it rather sweet without smelling like food. I do note that for some reason it has become rather inexpensive and everyone should try it. Today is a mysterious, windy, early fall day, off and on cloudy and seems to suit the mood of this scent perfectly.

8pm- I am downgrading this a notch to 4 stars after wearing all day. It just seems a bit much, and over the top. Perhaps I applied a spray or two too much earlier this morning. I was a little uncomfortable at Barnes and Noble this morning, hoping no one would be disturbed. I am still finding my way with perfume, which I love but I know everyone does not!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Such a beautiful scent! A combination of sexy and sweet.
More of a nighttime perfume. Not too strong and somewhat longlasting.
Very distinct a scent.

Calvin Klein always impresses me with their perfumes but I'd have to say this one is my favourite.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by via1313

Just FYI....Macy's now carries this in about a five ounce bottle for 97 $$$. A great value for the euphoria lover!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by shadedmaryy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

gave this one away with a warning. I liked the sample so went out and bought it a while ago, regretted it as it was unpleasantly strong, awful, even with a tiny amount sprayed in the air and walked through to get a tiny sprinkle. However the young lady that I gave it to loved it but I thought it was awful on her too and felt sorry for her actually

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I think this perfume just smells like chemicals. It does not smell like anything- just like too much fragrance. The bottle has a cute design, but that does not compensate for the fact that this perfume reeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by mo0725

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Ck perfumes. I find euphoria a little bit strong,so a little goes a long way. still love it though and would definitely buy it again when mine runs out