August 2, 2014 | 1000 users online

Scrubs - Shiseido - Pureness Pore Purifying Warming Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

yep a great product! works well when instructions are followed! lasts ages and gives a really deep clean! HG Brand for me!! : )

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by khamla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried the whole line of Pureness products , most of which were pretty good. But this is a really bad product for acne prone skin. Its very greasy and oily when you rub it in, which goes without saying will cause you breakouts if you are anything like me. Not only that it didnt really get warm, and the packing leaked everywhere.
What a mess :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Grafkiukas

I came here to complain about it and realized that i was using it wrong... I was too lazy to read the instructions and just threw it on my face while in the shower as i do with other scrubs. No wonder it did nothing special.
Now i have my special saturday routine where i clean my face and devote good 5 minutes of carefully rubbing this scrub to my T-zone. I must say - it works. My chin area is more stubborn with deep clogged pores, but my nose and forehead cleaned up very nicely. i sometimes pair it up with a simple clay mask for even better result.
It is an expensive product, no doubt about that. But now I'm scanning all the sites I know, waiting for a sale. Because i will defintely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So surprised to see the negative reviews on this product! I have used this off and on for years on my stubborn nose area. My pores are large and clog easily, most products do not make a visible difference at all. This product warms up and feels good when massaging in. I love that it works gently and without irritation. I notice a visible difference immediately and I find it effective as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by pkha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a different kind of scrub. Most scrubs are used with water, but this is oil-based and acts as more of a massage-scrub oil. Once it reacts with water, it turns white and pasty so it becomes soap-like almost making it easier to wash off.

I liked this a lot since it did a decent job in exfoliating. The grains felt larger than most scrubs and there were less grains. However, I was left with drier skin than usual. But I was fine after using a moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by KBoileau126

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just began using Shiseido products and overall I'm overally impressed. Especially based on the price. I have only been using this scrub for about a week to try and save my dry skin during the cold weather. It has shown a bit of improvement but this scub doesn't seem to stand up to what it promises. I don't find that it warms at all. I use as directed but it doesn't seem to do much for my pores either. If anything all I have been noticing is it works best as an exfoliant and that's it. I doubt I will buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by msimplicity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this Warming scrub for a good 9 months so I've tested it out for quite some time. And I'm reading how other people are not liking this product but I have a different opinion from others.
Well first, I do exactly as what the instructions say. I don't wet my hands and face before applying this exfoliant on. I mainly focus on my nose as that is the area where there's a lot of black heads and white heads. My black head condition is not so pretty, like I don't have a lot of black heads but just a lot of buildups of blackheads in the pores. I.e. sometimes, I can actually (without squeezing) but just using my nail, and scratch out a full solid piece of blackhead (or is it gunk?).
But after I've used this warming scrub, my nose and face feels soooo smooth and soft and free of blackheads (or gunk). When you use this scrub, you have to gently (or moderately) scrub until all the granules are absolutely gone. And don't expect the scrubbing with take seconds. Work enough time in it and it'll work like a charm.

I gave this a '4' because the price is a little expensive and there's just not a lot of product in that little tube for that price! But it does work well!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 3:31:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

I have no hesistation saying this is the worst scrub I've used. The title is misleading. It doesn't warm, at least not on my skin. The granules are awful and don't really "scrub". Hell, my skin didn't even feel smooth after using it. Waste of time and money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by kitkatelectric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

i'm not sure if i'll buy this again. there are not enough granules in the wash to be a scrub....and it actually didn't even get warm...maybe mine is just messed up

but i don't think it's going to do anything for blackheads.

update.
this stuff is just overpriced and it sucks. there's not enough granules, the package is small for the price..it doesn't do anything. doesn't even warm. took it back.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by tofusteak

I love Shiseido products, but I'm not impressed by this one. It's supposed to be 'pore purifying' but after using it, I still see whiteheads and blackheads on my face. Sure, it does leave your face very soft after using it, but for the price you have to pay (it's very expensive) I wouldn't buy it again. I'm also not impressed by the packaging of this whole Pureness line. It's drab and just does not look aspirational.