April 19, 2014 | 1886 users online

Fragrances - Fresh - Cucumber Baie Fragrance

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Shicurls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am genuinely surprised by this scent every time I go to spray it on! The initial cucumber sweetness is surprising because it somehow feels genuine to the essence of what a cucumber really smells like! It is simultaneously sweet, herbally, clean and warm. I get nothing but compliments when I wear it. The perfume is soft and encourages snuggling! I love the fact that I can still smell it's fresh sweetness on my clothes days later when I go to do the laundry! Only a couple spritzes and I'm good to go.

The perfume isn't loud at all, but it makes a bold statement for it's originality. It does linger throughout the day, but it isn't a scent that works past my personal space. So, I can see how some would say that the staying power is non-existant. I would say that it does last, but it doesn't reach out and grab the next person without first offering a polite invitation.

One should know that I usually wear Shalimar, Angel, and Amazing Grace. This has skyrocketed to the top!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

never thought i'd wear a fragrance that is based on 'cucumber', but this is LOVELY!!!!
i bouht it for myself as a birthday gift! very light, clean, and fresh. i do think of salad when i put it on, but i just love this one..

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2006 2:12:00 PM More reviews by hfields

I think this fragrance is great in regards to the intial smell. It does smell like cucumbers, but not in a weird way...it's really fresh smelling and reminds me of a great fragrance for summer. However I'm really disappointed at how quickly it fades. After wearing it for about 2-2 1/2 hours its completely gone. I read a review from someone saying they use about three sprays and it lasts them all day, but I couldn't imagine having more than one spray of this fragrance on at once (at the beginning when its potent). I have this problem with all of fresh's fragrances though. It's great that they have such a diverse fragrance line, now if only they'd last more than a couple of hours!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2006 10:10:00 PM More reviews by rnornan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

There is somethign sharp in here. Sort of like the Trish McEvoy version of a bay fragrance. The only bay fragrance that I've liked has been Manifesto by Isabella Rosselini--that is well executed> I find this one to be too masculine for me-and it is a bit sour. Of course I am judging from my freebee baby wipe fragrance sample from the Fresh sale, so I may not be getting the ultimate cuke experience.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2006 6:51:00 PM More reviews by punkrock_pinup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This starts out with a burst of cucumber and watermelon-- refreshing and light. When I first smelled it I was in love. But then this wierd floral (lily?) dirty musty smell takes over. Maybe it's my body chemistry reacting to this but it just smells *OFF*. Like when you're a kid and you make mud pies and decorate them with flowers-- it smells like lillies dipped in mud. I decided I hated this at that point, but amazingly when I sniffed my wrist again hours later, the musty flower smell was gone and it was back to a very faint, light, pleasant, cucumber scent. Hmmm. I'm going to have to try this again before I make up my mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2006 1:42:00 PM More reviews by tomlina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this perfume! This is really light and fresh; I don't really smell the cucumber but it's just an all-over clean smell that I love. Does tend to fade, but if I use 3 squirts then it seems to last throughout most of the day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2006 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Maximina

A perfect fragrance for summer. Light airy, crisp without being sharp. I get sweet cucumbers with a hint of citrus and melon and a very subtle pepperiness also. Surely marine but without the choking dull marine note underlying so many fragrances of the same genre. Very nice indeed but not enough to commit to that mega bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2006 3:17:00 AM More reviews by elapkin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A few years ago Fresh had a line of men's fragrances. They had one called "Enact" that I got for my BF (now husband). It smelled clean and delicious and a little bit like cucumber. A year later, I went to replace it for him, and was told by the folks at Fresh that they discontinued the line, but that Enact happened to be the EXACT SAME PRODUCT as their Index Cucumber Baie scent. They were right. So I've been buying this for him ever since and pulling the girly label off of the glass bottle.

If you like this, put some on your guy. It's totally unisex - and very SEXY.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2005 11:03:00 PM More reviews by princess_workstoomuch

EVERY TIME I wear this I get compliments. "Gosh you smell good!", "What is that your wearing and where do I get some?" I bought it on a whim during a very hot summer. Its a fresh scent, but still not my favorite. I wish they would sell their fragrances in half the size, you get a huge bottle. I will never finish this bottle, but still people love the smell of it when I walk past them. Perfect on a hot summer day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2005 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Quarry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you sample Cucumber Baie (and I suggest you do, if just for the experience), block out anything you've read about the breakdown of top/heart/base notes and imagine a friend has just introduced you to a new flower in her garden. Close your eyes ... now inhale ... isn't that pretty? It may not be of the caliber of a rose or the blossom of a mockorange shrub, but it's so pleasant and uplifting, offering the freshness of lily-of-the-valley, but shyer. In the stickiest weather, this would be the only scent I think I could bear to wear. With global climate change and our sweltering summers, I may just have to buy that honking big bottle for $65. So glad to be able to sample this scent thanks to an ebay "choose 12 from my 100 fragrances" auction.

P.S. I think this could be layered with other fragrances. Please post your results if you find this to be true. Thanks.