September 21, 2014 | 1999 users online

Treatments (Face) - Renee Rouleau - Glycolic Serum 10 Percent

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by purplerain71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Me almost 40 years old, I noticed my skin became so dull, texture isn't smooth anymore, aging spot start showing. So I searched for lowest grade of Glyolic Serum due to my hyper sensitive skin. My skin cannot tolerate with any harsh glycolic peeling, that is why I refused go to see skin clinic, heard so much negative thing about it. So I gave this a try, and It slowly brighten my skin, skin became smoother, softer. Yes I do experience temporarily redness, but I do not mind since it is still very gentle to my skin.

UPDATE: had to stop using this. 7 days on and 7 days off sounds a great idea, but my skin won't stop being so red and doesn't feel cool on my skin at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by paf0009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Well in short this product made me break out worse than before. Also, my skin texture became tough and shiny. I thought it would be a good exfoliation product, but nope it did not work out well plus it's pricey.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Star5181

I tried this in conjunction with the entire RR Skin Type 4 kit, and didn't really see any results. I use this 7 days on, 7 days off, as RR advises. I can honestly say that I haven't seen any difference in my skin. Maybe I need to try a stronger % of glycolic acid. But at $40 for a 1/2-ounce bottle, I think I'll be going with another brand of glycolic acid!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by amysuh

i am not impressed with any of Renee's products. I bought a kit which cost $177 bucks and this was included. First of all, the product comes in a tiny bottle and it retails for 40 dollars. not even 1 ounce bottle. i did try it for 7 days on and 7 days off but did not see any results. it left my face especially the chin area extremely red. please save your money and buy something else!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2005 11:43:00 PM More reviews by divafx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Finally a glycolic that doesn't rely on alcohol to give it oomph! I have combo/acne/sensitve/very fair skin. I originally started out using Renee's Glycolic 15% only to find that it was over exfoliating my skin and prematuraley aging me. After going to skincare conference where I learned that the recommended amount of glycolic by the FDA is 10% and that studies found anything above that will actually start to damage the skin, i gave up the 15% serum. I do love this 10% version though. My skin feels soft, smooth, and more even. There's not stinging or burning. Plus my acne scars have started to fade. This one's a keeper! It is kind of pricey but because I feel it is extremely pure (see ingredient list below) I think it's worth it. It's not watered down with alcohol which makes it very valuable in my book. I highly recommend this one.

Ingredients: Water, Glycolic Acid, glycerin, Aloe Vera extract, allantoin, hydroxyethylcellulose,diazolidinyl urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate