Smashbox Express

3.0

on 10/15/2007 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The color is a shimmery metallic plummy pink - but as other reviewers have commented, the shade appears lighter due to the shimmery nature of the color. if my coloring was a bit lighter, i would love this, but for me it is a tad too light. the formula is unscented, with no 'flavor' or anything added which i like. the color lasts a long time, and is not slimy or goopy which is nice. i just wish it were a bit darker.

on 9/23/2005 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I normally like the Smashbox lippies. They are nicely pigmented, and last quite a while without being too drying and have no scent and glide on smoothly. Smashbox.com lists these as "richly pigmented for long-lasting coverage, this non-drying formula is vitamin e-infused to help nourish dehydrated lips. a favorite of the hollywood set. available in three great formulas: cream, sheer and shimmer."

Express was part of a QVC set. Its a metallic rose with mauve undertones. For some reason this isnt as dark as I thought it would be but maybe its just that the metallic part reflects light and makes it seem lighter. The color didnt turn pink on my nc30 light olive complexion which i liked. I had to put a gloss over this to make my lips stand out more though. Retails for $16. NOt a favorite of mine.

on 8/18/2005 11:09:00 PM

I received Express as part of a kit from QVC. I would not have picked this shade out for myself otherwise as it does not suit my coloring (redhair, fair, blue eyes). Express is a rosy mauve that looks very pretty in the tube. On my lips it was just way too frosty for my tastes. I doubt I will ever wear this lipstick so I certainly won't need to repurchase it.

Popular Lipsticks