July 29, 2014 | 1212 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Curel - Restore and Revive

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this to help exfoliate my legs, KP'ed arms, and rough skin. I don't like to use harsh scrubs all the time. My Dove Pro-age lotion (which I only use to exfoliate my legs) is sometimes irritating, feels heavy, and smells bad. I can use the Curel everywhere, on my arms, my rough elbows, and my legs, with no stinging or irritation. It is a light lotion, not as moisturizing as it could be, but does leave smooth skin behind. The scent is probably meant to cover up the chemical exfoliant. It's not horrible, though, and it does fade. Curel products always work for me, and this really helps with ingrowns and KP. I'd repurchase this, but I think Curel has gone the "all-natural" trend, and this product may be off shelves soon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2007 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Sweetie1

I like this very much, except for the scent; I wish it were fragrance-free. It smells like milk gone bad and then covered up with a flowery scent. However, it works wonders for my winter dry skin (I use it for my body, not face). It's thick, but it absorbs nicely and leaves my skin nice and soft. It doesn't cause skin irritation or bumps that I sometimes get with other lotions. I'm not sure if I will continue to use this during the summer, but it's been perfect for the winter. EDIT: I switched to Curel Fragrance-Free version

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2006 2:37:00 PM More reviews by lipcrazy

Before Curel went through there reformulation and packaging change, there old age defying fragrance free formula was one of my favorites. I decided to give this new formula a try, and have to say that I love this lotion, it absorbs quickly, and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. It really smoothes the bumps on my upper arms better then most other lotions I have tried. It is supposed to firm as well, but I never place much faith in those types of claims. My only one complaint is the smell, it is not the same "soapy" scent as the continuous comfort, but rather a flowery scent. It is not that strong and does not last long on my skin, so I will continue to repurchase. Also the old formula did not clog pores, the noew ones does, so I cannot use it on my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2006 3:38:00 PM More reviews by nicesmile

love everything about this lotion but the smell. it's totally over powering my perfume right now. the things i love about this lotion is, it's moisturizing, leaves me glowing and sinks in fast, all while being 'restoring'. i'm looking for something that exfoliates but that is moisturizing (jergens skin smoothing does not moisturize) and is fast absorbing (vaseline's version is very sticky).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2006 7:20:00 PM More reviews by alucinor

I'm a lotion addict and I've tried quite a few different brands and formulas. With my very first application of this, I loved it. Now I'm only 16 so I don't have to worry about aging just yet (I bought it for the vitamins and stuff), but I did notice that my skin was noticeably firmer in just one application. It is a little sticky for a while, and the fragrance isn't amazing (although there are definately worse smelling lotions out there), but once it sinks in your skin feels SO soft and it lasts the whole day. I will definately be sticking with Curel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2005 12:49:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love it! In a week, this has completely eliminated the dryness and itching on my legs and the bumps on my thighs are going away. I've only found two other brands that moisturize and care for skin this well (Kiehl's Creme de Corps and Shi Kai Dry Skin Therapy) but for best value I have to say Curel is superior. I don't mind the fragrance because it's light and reminds me of bar soap. There is a sticky factor to this lotion, but it does sink in after a while and then I have soft skin all day long. I used Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion prior to this and it failed to cut out the itching on my shins like this does. Now I'm curious about the other Curel formulas!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2005 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Namaste2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so dissapointed with this product. This was supposed to be the "new and improved" curel to replace the age defying product that was fragrance free. That was one of the best moisturizers I had ever used. This on the other hand, does not moisturize as well and has a very strong scent that I cannot stand. I do not know why Curel changed their formulas. They have long been one of the best and most used moisturizing lines around. I guess I will try the original. I just wish they would bring back their old age defying version. Had I known they were changing, I would have stocked up. I will not buy this version again. In fact, I am going to write the company.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2005 11:06:00 PM More reviews by cinnamoroll0913

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the new Curel and I like it very much. I never tired the orginial ones before but the new packaging got my attention so I ecided to buy one and try it. The price is expensive for drug store brand $7 or $8 for 13 fl oz. It does a very good job and sinks right into my skin. It's a pumping bottle and very easy to use. The floral smell is ok with me although I am not a floral person. I can not comment on the anti aging and firming part since I have only used it few times but so far it makes my skin very soft and moisted. I will repurchase.