October 2, 2014 | 1274 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Era

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by MeowXoxO

I have repurchased this shadow at least four times so far. I love it. I am fair with olive undertones (NC/NW 20), and I struggle with colors that are either too warm or too cold. Era is perfect for me. The texture is wonderful. I use it as a base for a brown smokey eye, as a crease color for a nude eye look, and swipe it all over my lids for an easy everyday look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by misanders

Love this eyeshadow! I've been trying to use up what I have and this is one that I overlook. I've used it everyday this week and just love how it looks on my brown eyes. I've been putting this on my lid with espresso in the crease. Highlight the inner corner with phloof and line with either black or dark brown pencil. It is so pretty and the best part is it stays on my lids all day without a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by hayley93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My absolute favorite MAC neutral eyeshadow. This is the easiest color to work with for everyday looks. I usually use it on the lid, with charcoal brown as a transition color and brun for the crease and outer corner. I am very, very, very pale (paler than NC 15 most of the year) and the slight golden tones are not overpowering in this. It's a lovely, taupe-y satin color with the perfect amount of shimmer. You can also use this as a blending out shade because the blend-ability is ahhmazing. You really can't go wrong with this shade!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by fairlady01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like another cool-toned reviewer below, I find Era to be rather unflattering against my fair skin. It makes me look tired, and emphasizes my dark circles. It's just a tad too warm--too golden--to complement my wintry NW10/15 complexion. Two lippies because it blends well, and the texture is lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Phyrne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A true taupe and very versatile, as it contains silver-grey hues as well as rosy-golden-brown ones. So it can be combined with both cool and warm colors. It is perfect as a crease color for pale girls wanting to achieve a polished, classical, nude look. Not dull but gleaming from within. I love to use it together with naked lunch and mylar and dipdown eyeliner creating a Lauren Bacall-like effect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by bigsvig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this in a bin of lonely onlys at my local CCC. This is essentially a taupe eyeshadow. I can't wear most taupes because I can't wear most greys (insert multiple sad faces here). However, if there were a taupe eyeshadow that was very muted, and had enough golden undertones to push the boundaries of taupe to its limits, then I could probably wear it. That's what I found when I opened up ERA. A taupe made for ladies who can't wear grey. All the MAC quality, the cute little case, the complex undertones MAC shadows are known for, all wrapped up in this quiet, little color.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by A9M8L

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had this eyeshadow for maybe 1-2 years and when I first got it, thought it was very boring and just put it in my palette but never reached for it. Just recently I was doing my makeup and I really wanted a 'no-makeup' put together kind of look. Didn't want to look overdone but wanted my eyes defined and pretty looking. I put MAC grain all over the lid and Era in the crease and it looked so pretty! Now its become my go-to look because I don't really have to think about it, it never looks overdone or like I'm wearing too much eye makeup. I honestly may wear that combination with winged liner for my wedding - I love it that much! Its such a no-fuss eyeshadow because when you put it in the crease it looks very soft and pretty, and you don't have to worry about blending too much because its a gorgeous satiny light brown-taupe. For reference I'm an NC20 skintone, so I don't know if this would work for very dark skintones.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Alisaaaish

I just received this from eBay, I've seen pictures online and how everyone raved about it being a 'golden-beige shimmer', just a bit different to Patina. I'm looking at it and thinking 'what the- how the hell is THIS beige?!' I even swatched it and it's an ORANGE shimmer. I can imagine this being a dark gold, but why is mine NOTHING close to what I've seen online???!!? It reminds me of copper from NYX, I'm so disappointed in seeing what Era truly is, a shimmery dark orange.
Maybe I'm just too fair to wear this color :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by playsindirt

Era is a really great blender color or as a nice, natural lid color or all over wash. For a natural look, I wash with Orb, do lid with Era, and then go back and line with Mulch. Really good look for Spring and very natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by tousledelegance

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

For me, Era is a surprise unsung hero.
I originally purchased it just to use as a light lid colour with faux cut crease looks, but I discovered Era is also pretty blended out a bit above the crease or as a subtle all over wash just to give you a little colour.

For reference, I am decidedly more fair than NC15/NW15 (i.e. Lily Lolo's Porcelain foundation is a perfect match on me) and Era looks like a very pale peachy-brown on me... think: much lighter than Samoa Silk + similar to Soft Brown + not as much sheen as Arena, but similar in tint. The sparkles are not gritty and the shimmer of them is very very understated; I can see it a bit in natural daylight, but not at all indoors.

I was afraid Era might pull "ashy" on me like Cork does, but it's just fine- better than fine, really. It makes me feel "glowy." Not something I ever thought I'd go for since I usually don't care for anything subtle, but I like it a lot on my uber fair skin for those times when I need an office appropriate or "no makeup" appearance.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No