MAC Satin - Era

4.4

on 8/28/2015 6:21:00 PM

This is one of my favourite MAC eye shadows. I use it as a lid colour, with wedge as a transition colour and cork to slightly darken the crease. A perfect everyday natural look. I love satins, as a more mature woman, I find that they work beautifully to add dimension to a look without looking too glittery. I use a primer or a paint pot, it lasts well, adding a subtle colour to the lid. I use a 239 to pack it on, it's very buttery and smooth. I think it's a very versatile shadow, in that you can use it with lots of other colours. I also like to use it with saddle or swiss chocolate. I find it pretty and practical - a definite must have.

on 3/3/2015 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

For reference, I'm very pale, but my eyelids are dark. This color did not show up on my lids even with attempts to build the color. Patina is better for me when I want a taupe with a golden sheen.

on 2/22/2015 5:50:00 PM

I'm in love with the shadow, Era. It doesn't look like much in the pan, but on the eyelids - oh my.. It's beautiful! It's perfect for everyday use. I use it with a bit of smudged brown eyeliner almost every day - and with a darker color in the crease, when I'm going out! Perfect shade!

on 10/17/2014 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

LOVE LOVE LOVE this eyeshadow. If you're medium skintoned (I'm NC30) and need the perfect crease colour that looks like a natural contour then this eyeshadow is your best friend. Its super blendable, just great. I apply with a 217 and blend it out with a 224. Its foolproof, I highly recommend it.

on 2/28/2014 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have repurchased this shadow at least four times so far. I love it. I am fair with olive undertones (NC/NW 20), and I struggle with colors that are either too warm or too cold. Era is perfect for me. The texture is wonderful. I use it as a base for a brown smokey eye, as a crease color for a nude eye look, and swipe it all over my lids for an easy everyday look.

on 2/27/2014 11:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this eyeshadow! I've been trying to use up what I have and this is one that I overlook. I've used it everyday this week and just love how it looks on my brown eyes. I've been putting this on my lid with espresso in the crease. Highlight the inner corner with phloof and line with either black or dark brown pencil. It is so pretty and the best part is it stays on my lids all day without a primer.

on 12/2/2013 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My absolute favorite MAC neutral eyeshadow. This is the easiest color to work with for everyday looks. I usually use it on the lid, with charcoal brown as a transition color and brun for the crease and outer corner. I am very, very, very pale (paler than NC 15 most of the year) and the slight golden tones are not overpowering in this. It's a lovely, taupe-y satin color with the perfect amount of shimmer. You can also use this as a blending out shade because the blend-ability is ahhmazing. You really can't go wrong with this shade!

on 8/12/2013 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Like another cool-toned reviewer below, I find Era to be rather unflattering against my fair skin. It makes me look tired, and emphasizes my dark circles. It's just a tad too warm--too golden--to complement my wintry NW10/15 complexion. Two lippies because it blends well, and the texture is lovely.

on 6/29/2013 4:28:00 AM

A true taupe and very versatile, as it contains silver-grey hues as well as rosy-golden-brown ones. So it can be combined with both cool and warm colors. It is perfect as a crease color for pale girls wanting to achieve a polished, classical, nude look. Not dull but gleaming from within. I love to use it together with naked lunch and mylar and dipdown eyeliner creating a Lauren Bacall-like effect.

on 4/19/2013 4:30:00 PM

I found this in a bin of lonely onlys at my local CCC. This is essentially a taupe eyeshadow. I can't wear most taupes because I can't wear most greys (insert multiple sad faces here). However, if there were a taupe eyeshadow that was very muted, and had enough golden undertones to push the boundaries of taupe to its limits, then I could probably wear it. That's what I found when I opened up ERA. A taupe made for ladies who can't wear grey. All the MAC quality, the cute little case, the complex undertones MAC shadows are known for, all wrapped up in this quiet, little color.

Top Rated MAC Products