September 2, 2014 | 1150 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Different Lipstick - Guava Stain

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by canadian

NC25/NW25ish, Neutral to Warm

I recently purchased this lipstick and it can best be described as a coral-pink-nude color. It adds warmth and brightens my face during the winter months. It's a color I could wear year round.

The only con is it's a bit sheer but otherwise I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this lipstick because it brightens up my face and it's very sheer. The color is as many have described; a pinky-coral. I am very cool, and this doesn't look orange on me. I think it's a great color for all skin tones and for any age.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by toughlover101

yes this lipstick does look really bad in a tube but when you put it on its perfect its sheer i will buy this again

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by earlyautumnbreeze

This is my favorite everyday lipstick. I've gone through a whole tube already, and am halfway through my second one. It's very sheer (that explains why I go through them so fast), and I wish it were a little more pigmented. Like most sheer lipsticks, it proves to be a lot more moisturizing than regular lipsticks, so you don't have to go around worrying about if it has feathered off or collected in the corners of your mouth. But I do find myself reapplying a couple times during the day...
However, it's still my go-to lipstick - I just love the color. Like someone else has said, it looks bad in the tube, but once you put it on, it looks totally different.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by barefootcassandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the color and the feel. It goes on very sheer, the same color as the inside of my lips. I get lots of complements! I'm a fan, of and looks great with a tan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I only own a couple of Clinique's lipsticks, but I think I'm going to start taking a closer look after buying this one. IMO, it doesn't look like a color I'd be drawn to based on how it looks in the tube, but on the lips it is an amazing 'pinky-peachy-nude' shade that just livens up my entire face. It's sheer but buildable, which unfortunately means it doesn't last long. Very moisturizing as well. My lips look plump and juicy all day wearing this lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've liked the formula of every Clinique lipstick I've tried. They are very moisturizing to me. This is a new formula for me and it's working well. The color looks a bit orange in the tube but it applies like a soft coral/blush color and looks good with my golden but fair skin tone. I think the tube is pretty and the cost is great, sort of in the mid price range. I do not like MAC lipsticks because they have that yucky vanilla scent/taste to them. This has no scent or taste that I can discern. I don't have to apply a lipbalm underneath this. Staying power is probably 2-3 hours max because it is a fairly glossy lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 5:37:00 AM More reviews by mellowdali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like the texture of this lipstick. Its the only Clinique I own, but now I'm planning on checking out other shades because this lipstick is so comfortable.
It goes on impeccably smooth, and after it starts fading it feels similar to chap stick or close to nothing.

Guava stain is a flattering natural tint on my lips. Its pretty sheer, but I like that quality in a lipstick right now.

Its a nice color for those days you don't want to look 'made-up' or feel like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by rteammom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've seen this color praised along with Tenderheart, perhaps because they're both in the pink/tawny family, and I believe both have been offered as GWP. Tenderheart suits my coloring (I'm a pale blue-eyed blonde) just fine, and shows up as a warm, natural-looking nude-pink, but Guava Stain looks AWFUL. Instead of a pretty peachy pink, it ends up an unnatural yellow-orange color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by ninanina

Nars "Dolce Vita" is my HG lippie, but I bought Guava Stain as a back-up because it's almost the same but has a little more pigment to it than DV. It looks horrible in the tube (burgendy/brown) but goes on as a sheer. I'm not a fan of Clinique or Lauder, so I'll use it from time to time, but DV is really the best lippie out there for a natural look, it's more rosy than GS.