Clinique Different Lipstick - Guava Stain

4.3

on 12/17/2014 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is an interesting lipstick. Like some other reviewers, for me this does brighten the face. I'm fair golden-toned and have noticed as I've gotten over 50 I need brighter lips. This (on me) is very similar to Nars Dolce Vita, but I like the texture of this more. It is not too orange-y nor too muddy--just enough brightness to lighten the face. I will definitely use this a lot in summer and when I wear peachier-toned blush.

on 9/2/2014 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I can't believe I have never reviewed this lipstick. I am probably on my 10th tube of it - have been buying it since I was somewhere in my 20's. I have quite a little lipstick obsession - I have a ton of them. But this is one I always come back to and almost always have in my purse. This is a very sheer lipstick, which is why I think it looks good on almost everyone. It does look like terrible color in the tube - sort of a rusty brownish orangey color. But on me, you can't see much orange or even coral - it is just a shade or two darker than my own lips and turns a nice rosy color. Not too warm at all for my cooler toned skin. It really is "my lips but better" on me - just gives my pale lips some color and shine. You can build it up a bit by applying several coats, but it is never going to get out of control or be too much. Since it is sheer you can change the color with a lip liner underneath. If I could only have one lipstick for the rest of my life (noooooooooo!!!), this would be the one. Goes with everything, always looks good, perfect for just about any occasion. I also love that this formula of lipsticks never dries my lips, it has a nice smooth texture, no scent or taste, and this particular color has no shimmer.

on 2/19/2012 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

NC25/NW25ish, Neutral to Warm

I recently purchased this lipstick and it can best be described as a coral-pink-nude color. It adds warmth and brightens my face during the winter months. It's a color I could wear year round.

The only con is it's a bit sheer but otherwise I would repurchase.

on 11/29/2011 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like this lipstick because it brightens up my face and it's very sheer. The color is as many have described; a pinky-coral. I am very cool, and this doesn't look orange on me. I think it's a great color for all skin tones and for any age.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

yes this lipstick does look really bad in a tube but when you put it on its perfect its sheer i will buy this again

This is my favorite everyday lipstick. I've gone through a whole tube already, and am halfway through my second one. It's very sheer (that explains why I go through them so fast), and I wish it were a little more pigmented. Like most sheer lipsticks, it proves to be a lot more moisturizing than regular lipsticks, so you don't have to go around worrying about if it has feathered off or collected in the corners of your mouth. But I do find myself reapplying a couple times during the day...
However, it's still my go-to lipstick - I just love the color. Like someone else has said, it looks bad in the tube, but once you put it on, it looks totally different.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love the color and the feel. It goes on very sheer, the same color as the inside of my lips. I get lots of complements! I'm a fan, of and looks great with a tan.

on 3/23/2011 7:35:00 PM

I only own a couple of Clinique's lipsticks, but I think I'm going to start taking a closer look after buying this one. IMO, it doesn't look like a color I'd be drawn to based on how it looks in the tube, but on the lips it is an amazing 'pinky-peachy-nude' shade that just livens up my entire face. It's sheer but buildable, which unfortunately means it doesn't last long. Very moisturizing as well. My lips look plump and juicy all day wearing this lipstick.

on 7/13/2010 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I've liked the formula of every Clinique lipstick I've tried. They are very moisturizing to me. This is a new formula for me and it's working well. The color looks a bit orange in the tube but it applies like a soft coral/blush color and looks good with my golden but fair skin tone. I think the tube is pretty and the cost is great, sort of in the mid price range. I do not like MAC lipsticks because they have that yucky vanilla scent/taste to them. This has no scent or taste that I can discern. I don't have to apply a lipbalm underneath this. Staying power is probably 2-3 hours max because it is a fairly glossy lipstick.

on 4/20/2010 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really like the texture of this lipstick. Its the only Clinique I own, but now I'm planning on checking out other shades because this lipstick is so comfortable.
It goes on impeccably smooth, and after it starts fading it feels similar to chap stick or close to nothing.

Guava stain is a flattering natural tint on my lips. Its pretty sheer, but I like that quality in a lipstick right now.

Its a nice color for those days you don't want to look 'made-up' or feel like it.

Popular Lipsticks