September 20, 2014 | 968 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Texture and Tones Hair Color

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I would probably try this dye in a very dark shade. Instead since i bleached my afro hair to blonde I used light golden blonde to attempt to get it a lot drker. Instead there was virtually no change. The color on the box said ti would go to a darkened brown but instead it just got rid of the yellow tint to my hair. Not impressed but if it has no peroxide for that cheap price of a little over $5 I would try one of the darker shades to see how that goes. I noticed after using it that my hair didn't get dried out.
2/2012 Tried Light golden Brown. It wouldn't dye the baby hairs at the front of my head at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by wildviolet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recommend this product for people who have VERY hard to cover grays. I use Dark Brown and it is the only "dark brown" shade that works for me and doesn't turn red or orange. My gray hair is very hard to cover so for years I have dyed it Black (Blackest Black from L'Oreal Natural Match). I loved my black hair color but I wanted to try something new so I tried a ton of brown shades from all sorts of brands but wasn't happy with any of them. It is hard to grow out black hair and find a dark brown color that transitions well if you are growing it out. I read about this brand in Consumer Reports of all places. It received the highest ratings among the testers. I have been coloring my hair this shade for about 5 months and it does look good while I am growing out the Blackest Black color of my old shade. I will continue to use the Dark Brown color because it is a very flattering shade with my fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this haircolor. It was recommended to me by a hairstylist. I like that it's relatively easy for me to find ths product in my area, and it's decently priced. I use Light Golden Brown and my results are great. My hair feels adequately conditioned when the coloring process is done. Oh, it does NOT cover gray well, in my experiece, but this is ok with me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my top pick for a hair coloring because it doesn't have amonia in it. and i have been using it for years, and my hair stayed in tact. People always ask me "how do you color your hair so much and your hair never falls out?" I dontknow, but i like this product. and b9ought some the other dAY.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2007 8:40:00 AM More reviews by thlewis

I have been growing my hair out (from a pixie to a cute bob) and was about to chop it all off because it was lifeless and dry looking. My hair color is naturally dark brown, but I have been dying it light auburn with blondish highlights for years. I decided to go back to my original color and didn't want highlights. On a whim, I picked up Texture and Tones in Dark Brown. Because my natural hair is already dark brown, the color came out almost black, super shiny and with unbelievable body!!! I feel like I could be on a commercial! They need to sell the conditioner because it is the BOMB! I was shopping and a lady came up to me to tell me how pretty my hair looked! She said it was so beautiful at first she thought it was a wig! I'm sold! I will definately purchase this color again and recommend it to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2006 4:05:00 PM More reviews by 2kutiful

*I used Both RED HOT RED and LIGHTEST BLONDE.
The red hot red came out veryyy bright and I have dark brown hair, but it gradually washed out to a more descent color I was more looking for.

Well while my roots grew so did my taste..I wanted to be a blonde now. So instead of doing just the roots I colored the whole hair. The roots came out AMAZING! but the rest of the hair that had the red came out to a auburn color, no surprise since it is very hard to color red. The ends did get pretty damaged since i had did a double process so i had to cut my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2006 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Meagan22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought TnT in Cocoa Brown because I wanted to lighten my (naturally) jet black hair. I was sooooooo disappointed with this dye :-( I didn't expect my hair to look like the model's hair on the front of the box (her hair was more than one shade of brown, thanks to additional hair bleach) but I expect a noticable change in color and that is NOT what happened. My hair didn't turn the color that I wanted it to be until two weeks AFTER I'd used the dye, and that's only because my hair had gotten bleached by the sun.

On the positive side of things the dye didn't dry out my hair and the conditioner was really thick and creamy. Also, for any fellow nappturals out there, I didn't experience any change in hair texture after using this dye :-) I wouldn't discount the ENTIRE line of TnT after this experience, but should I invest in a TnT dye in the future I would definately buy a bottle of developer too.