December 19, 2014 | 845 users online

Scrubs - Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) - Micro Polish Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am pretty satisfied with this scrub. I use a Clarisonic nightly and a mandelic acid peel once a week, but I wanted a scrub for when my pores were feeling extra congested (hello finals weeks).
First of all, the actual grains are corundum crystals which are environmentally stable, so there's no worry of fish eating beads that have been sopping up toxins in the water. They are extremely fine, unlike most "natural" scrubs that come to mind such as St. Ives, so I have not experienced irritation/tearing on my somewhat-sensitive skin. I probably use this three times a week, applied with wet hands to my dry face and rubbing gently in circular motions, focusing on my T-zone; you only need a very small amount. Afterwards, my skin feels very smooth and not overly-exfoliated or lobster-like. Make sure to apply a good cream afterwards! I use a night cream and jojoba oil since I'm a bit dry. I am not acne-prone but I do get blemishes once in a while so I don't know how reliable this statement is, but I don't think this staves off acne, nor does it encourage it. In my experience, its talent lies in evening out skin texture without irritation. This may seem contradictory to what I said about it cleaning out my pores, which it does well; it's especially apparent around my nose. While they become clogged, they have very rarely developed into blemishes. I haven't seen a change in acne frequency or volume since I began using the scrub three months ago. It is a mystery.
The packaging is pretty nondescript, just a twist-lid pot with a spatula-- it may seem expensive up front, but is actually a decent investment considering the amount of product you receive and the small portion you actually need per use.
I'd recommend this to anyone looking to smooth out skin texture and de-congest their pores-- as for me, I'll definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Morganelizabeth123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recently started buying From MAUC 6 weeks ago. I received this micro polish about two weeks ago and love it. I find it more gentle than other facial scrubs. You only need a small amount. I have been using it twice a week and my skin feels so soft after each use. No redness or reactions like Imhave had with other products. I clean with their green tea or lightning cleanser then use this and their toner and moisturizer. Makeup applies very easy with no dry spots. I have even received compliments on my skin without makeup. The only makeup I use on my face is CC cream and that is not really like a foundation. It just offers light coverage so to me you need good skin under it to have your face look great. I am probably going to buy this product for Christmas gifts for a few people.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

One of the best microdermabrasion scrubs out there! I use this scrub about 3 times a month and it's amazing. My skin feels super smooth and looks baby soft after each use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow I am so in love with this product! I ordered the full size jar. For reference, my skin is basically normal/dry. I wanted to do some real exfoliation so I bought this along with the pumpkin peel mask, which together are AMAZING! I use the micro polish 2x a day. In the AM, I use it to give my makeup a smooth canvas. In the PM, I use it to remove all traces of makeup. I do use separate cleansers (the mandelic acid cleanser/toner). I have never had such wonderful results from a skin care line as I have from these products used together! When I'm done, I have this GLOW on my face and it just looks so clear and nice. Make sure to use a good moisturizer after using the micro polish. I use Lush face serum bar then Yonka 28 after. I've even paired the micro polish with my Clarisonic but I found I don't really need to, your fingers work just fine. I would totally buy this again when I run out. Go get you some!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 4:19:00 AM More reviews by ws33

I used this with my Olay face brush. It's ok, I prefer the Olay brand that came with the brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by KimD507

Used this 2x and each time next day or later that day had new breakouts when I havent had breakout in sometimes
I am veyr very breakout prone at this point
Also didnt think it did much for my flakey skin...
sorry just didnt work for me..tossed sample in the garbage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I'm so upset that I can't give this a positive review! I love the texture of this scrub. It feels smooth in the jar but once you activate it with warm water on your skin, it turns into this fantastic micro polishing product. It feels like running a piece fine grade sand paper on your skin. It isn't rough but you can certainly tell it packs a punch when you use it. But, I feel my skin looks worse after I use this. I only use this once a week. The next morning after using this, I'm greeted with a new breakout. I seem to get about 3-4 zits after using this. Also, my skin looks so dry and flaky the next day. Prior to this, I was using a homemade scrub of honey and sugar once a week. I never broke out from this and it actually removes pretty much all the dead skin cells so I was never left with large flaky patches of dead skin. Also, it never left my skin dry. I guess the reason why I purchased this was because I ran out of honey and wanted to use a discount code for MUAC. I regret buying this now. It seems like my skin is too sensitive for this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a heavenly scrub without a doubt! I like to use this after the Triple Enzyme Peel because for my skin that peel is super light, so it just loosens the dead skin. I then use the scrub and I only use it for about a minute. Rinse and use my usual moisturizer CeraVe PM and occasionally put the mandelic acid serum because I use it everyday. So my skin is totally tolerant. In the AM I wake up with the softest skin it's unbelievable how easy makeup goes on! I like to use this about 1x's a week because I use the mandelic cleanser,toner, and serum so I'm exfoliated. If you have dead skin flakes from leftover zits this get' rid of them. Dry patches are gone I kid you not this stuff works!

I got 3 samples 1st but it lasts you forever so the big size is worth it. Especially if you like to scrub a lot. For me because I do peels this has been a lifesaver! It's gentle and helps get those last stubborn spots. It doesn't scratch my skin and it's one of the most even scrubs I have eve used. My genetic forehead lines and smile lines are so much smaller. I also love how good makeup goes on it also has helped me with post acne scarring. It has made scars softer and lines finer so I couldn't be happier:) Love Muac fast shipping, awesome product! Get a sample you will so not regret it! Totally Recommended!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by lovepink22

This is hands down the best physical exfoliating scrub I have ever used! It works really well to remove dead skin cells and leaves your skin so smooth without irritating it(as long as you don't scrub too hard lol). It also has ingredients that help to brighten your skin so it helps slightly with discoloration. I started using this scrub along with the skin bleaching gel(which btw really works) and my skin has definitely been improving!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by standupnow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff really does a good job. My dry skin feels less rough and smooth after. Doesn't break me out or irritate my skin. After I apply argan oil from muac choice and skin is breathing with cleanliness like a dream. Muac for the win!