Bonne Bell Eye Style- Black Brown

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/3/2012 8:27:00 AM

This is an OK mascara. I have it in Black/Brown.

It has a lovely thick brush which I love, separates those lashes really well and coats the mascara evenly.

I didn't notice any great lenghtening effect, coats the existing lashes and thats about it.

The formula was just right, not too wet and it dried quickly.

No flaking or smudging and lasted all day. My lashes felt nice and flexible.

Removed easily with cleanser.

I would recommend this as a daytime mascara when you want a fairly reserved look, nothing flash or fancy here.

on 6/3/2012 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I found this at a dollarama so I was pretty excited, only $1! I was so excited that I didn't notice I got brown instead of black.. But anyway. You have to use a lot of coats with this mascara to get any effect. The stopper works almost too well, there's barely any mascara on the brush. After several coats, it adds a bit of length. It doesn't really volumize but it separates very well, it never clumps (But how can it when there's practically no product on the brush? lol). What I love about this mascara is that it's the only non-waterproof mascara I've found that can actually hold my curl. So I use this underneath other mascaras and it looks amazing. Sometimes I use it on its own if I'm looking for a really natural look. I was closing this once and I guess I twisted too hard but I broke the cap a bit. It's only a tiny crack so it's not a big issue. But I don't have particularly strong hands so the fact that it cracked so easily kind of bothers me. But whatever, I'll definitely keep buying this as long as it's at dollarama or until I find another mascara that can hold a curl

on 7/28/2009 5:24:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I like that this mascara doesn't go on clumpy, like my more expensive ones and it looks very natural, however it has a strong chemical smell which makes me suspicious and it doesn't hold a curl very well which is vital for making my poker strait, turned down lashes look nice. This would be great for someone who has curly or thick lashes and wants a more natural look.

on 8/25/2008 8:05:00 PM

This is a great, easy mascara. Doesn't really volumize, but it lengthens quite well. The brush is my main disappointment. Its chunky and sometime you can stab your eye with it =[
Lethal weapon ? =P

Well what a lovely surprise! Dirt cheap and a good product to boot. I love the brush--it's a football shape similar to MAC's X--as it did a great job lengthening and volumizing my average lashes. Good everyday, natural-looking mascara that builds well--no clumping or spider lashes. Out of all the everyday mascaras that I've tried recently, I rank this one highest (I rank Ecco Bella second because it's triple the price of BB). Washes off easily, no smearing, flaking, icky odor. I've been using it for two months now and can't say enough good things about this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim just to see what it could do. For such a low price ( i bought it at the army exchange for under 4 dollars) it actually is a very good choice if all u want is a little bit of color. I like it on days when i am not wearing makeup and going to go to the gym and all i want is a little bit of "something". It is not my favorite but it gives a nice soft lash and washes off very easily.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

After reading all these reviews, I went out and got this at my IDA store. It wasn't too expensive. $4.00. I love it! I hate the brush though, and that's what takes one lippie away. If it had a better brush, I would've kept that on. It gives you a natural look, although it doesn't lengthen too much, but it volumizes. The hole thingy you pull the brush through is the perfect size, and when you close it, it doesn't clump up at the top and spill over. A must-have!

This mascara seems to have better reviews on the "black" shade than the "black-brown" shade, but that bothers me none. Obviously, I have this in the brown shade. I really like the brown because it warms up my face a lot. This mascara is wonderful - not overly dramatic, but does give beautiful lashes. I'm honestly sick of big fatty or spikey lashes. What I love about this mascara is how nicely it holds curl, how soft it makes my lashes look (and feel) and how it never ever clumps. The brush is very fat but the hole is small so it scrapes the gloppy excess product off. I rarely use any other mascara. It is perfect! Will purchase again and again and again!

on 4/9/2006 5:57:00 PM

Clumps, flakes, and smears. It doesn't really seem like it's anything special. As other reviewers have noted, it's not a big volumizer or lengthener.

on 3/28/2006 3:00:00 PM

I love this. True, it's not terribly volumizing. I don't care, because I pair it with my Max Factor Calorie 2000, which is volumizing. In the meantime this provides the length and separation. Worn alone over Shiseido Mascara Base, this is my #1 choice for a great daytime mascara, but all three together give me better lashes than YSL.

Top Rated Bonne Bell Products