October 25, 2014 | 1733 users online

Lip Gloss - Rimmel - Volume Boost Liquid Lipcolour

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by WindyRain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Considering its amazing price, I would say its a good product. Got it for only one pound from poundland! Though it may be not be the best lip colour out there, its quite good for its price. It does plump up the lips though I don't really need the effect as I already have full lips. Besides the price, I chose it because of its colour. Its a bright shade of reddish pink.. Part coral, part rose. Completely covers the uneven colour of my lips. A little sticky though, but that causes it to stay on for longer. It's worth a try coz one pound is as good as free!
p.s love its glam glossy effect which stays on for hours..

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Emmiloves

I have this in Lavish. I got it for really cheap, really impressed with the pigment, almost opaque, not glitter, just lush color. Its a really nice popping red, which would go with a bold look but definitely not for a day to day natural look, otherwise the word clown would come to mind.

As for the boosting, I feel a tingle and it does boost my lips to an extent, not Angelina Jolie style though!!

Would like to try again but in other colours :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

These can still be had if you hunt around online, or in dollar/pound stores. I have the shade 'Scarlet' and it's a bright red with fuchsia tones. It's a very thick formula, which is actually a plus as it sticks to the lips and has great staying power. As for volume boosting, I feel a slight tingle and they do appear a little plumper.

I like to put it on my fingertip and dab it on my lips for a more subtle, sheer look. It compliments my pigmented lips, and manages to look very natural. I'd love to try the nude shades of this lip gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by carolyntaggart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this lipgloss..so much that this is probably the first lipgloss that i've ever finished before. I definitely feel like it plumps my lips, Especially if i put it on before bed, i wake up with beautifully plump lips. So disappointed that it was discontinued- any suggestions on a dupe ??

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by vspinheiro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in two colours; one is a dark red and the other is a hot pink.
My first love was a browny-caramel colour but i couldn't find it anymore
- It tingles for a while
- It's very pigmented
- TOOO glittery for my taste, i've past the glitter fase :) but you don't feel it on your lips though you still can see it there
- It's creamy and goes on very easy
- Has a brush aplicator
- It gets reaallyyy messy after a while, when you try to put the brush/wand in the tube
I liked this ones better than the Vinyl ones but i think this got discontinued in Portugal :( so not buying again

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 6:52:00 AM More reviews by Xandrra

I love this product!here's why:
*I bought it mainly for the brush applicator, which disturbs my lipstick less than a doe foot one.
*I find brushes are generally better at picking up product, some of my doe foot applicators pick up so little I have to apply ten coats with them, its frustrating!
*this does NOT BLEED, it knows its place on my lips and will not budge, I'm so glad I finally found a clear gloss lke this
*it is not too sticky or too liquidy

I don't like the tingling since it doesn't volumise, I really wish this was just a regular gloss instead of a plumping one.
it doesn't last very long, but I've yet to find a gloss that does.

Overall I would definitely repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2010 6:31:00 AM More reviews by LolaMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This used to be one of my favorite lip glosses, but I've moved out of the glittery gloss phase and more into the shimmery gloss. I bought mine in Innocent, which is a sheer glittery, shimmery pink.
PROS
nice sparkle
price is pretty good
not stick
long lasting
nice sheer pink color
brush applicator
CONS
too glittery
doesn't plump (but i didn't expect it too...i just bought it b/c the color)
product plug(what scrapes the excess off the applicator) should be just a little bit bigger so it can contain the product better. It tends to get a little gloppy where the cap screws on.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 2:22:00 AM More reviews by 21KATE21

DEFINATELY BUY AGAIN. THIS GLOSS IS AMAZING!!!!!!
I read up on it on the Rimmel London website and thought i'd try it. It's long lasting and makes ur lips tingle a little. I get so many compliments when I wear it. Only problem is hiding it from my daughter!!! Def my FAVVEE at the moment ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2009 4:01:00 AM More reviews by aguadora

I don't know what's the difference between "Full Volume Liquid Lip Color" and Volume Boost", but I have both kinds. I have Volume Boost in "Clear" (which is... clear), and "Passion", which is a mauve color I find myself using consecutively lately, and usually I don't stick to one product this long. I also have the ones labelled "Full Volume liquid lipcolor", which I got on clearance in Boots for 25QR each (original price 37 QR: 12USD ... still a bit expensive for a drugstore product), here are the shades:

* 070 Boast - brownish mauve, my lips smeared with goopy milk chocolate. A friend says it's a vampy/sexy look for nights out, but I'm not really digging the look.
* 090 Pose - mauvey MLBB, similar to Passion. Almost interchangeable I think. Possibly a deeper version of the popular Vinyl Lip in Snog.
* 060 Plump - a nude on the orange-beige side. not for my coloring but my sister loves--and looks great in--a dark eye and nude lip. (She was also the lucky recipient of my twice tested Revlon Nude Lustre l/g, which also didn't suit me.)
* 150 Tease - a rosey color. This is my second favorite next to Passion. What I was looking for when Revlon's SL l/g in Cherries in The Glow disappointed me.
* 80 Parade - vibrant red.

The minty vanilla smell of the Full Volumes are a bit nauseating until after the first few minutes, a problem which I don't have with the Volume Boosts. But at least they don't have the disgusting "off" candy-citrus smell of the Vinyl Lips, which I just can't tolerate, and is the major reason I chose the Volume Boost. Whether it plumps or not doesn't really matter to me, but maybe the bigger lips comes from the fact that the color payoff is great. I can go over a little past the edges my thin upper lip without lip liner. Not too sticky, lasts a decent amount of time. The brush applicator makes it feel so plush and luxe to apply. However, for the Clear lipgloss, I usually swipe the brush on my clean pinky finger first, then on my lips, because I hate getting any color from my lips onto the brush which goes back into the clear gloss, which will stain the entire bottle over time. Other than that: Yeah, will buy the Volume Boosts again. I like these better than the Revlon SL lip glosses.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

Ehh, these are okay. They're very pigmented, but that often makes them look too bright and unnatural. They're sticky, also. They make your lips tingle a little, but there's not much plumping going on. I have found a good way to use these, however. Put on a clear lip balm, then add a small amount of the gloss and spread with your finger. It looks much more natural and cute this way. I wouldn't buy them again, though, because of the stickiness and smell. Not awful, not great.