July 31, 2014 | 1802 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - Wild Shine - Caribbean Frost 446B

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wet n Wild says "just like that favorite top in your wardrobe, its always better to have it in more than one color. With a wide range of trendsetting shades from cremes to bold metallics to vibrant effects, you can find all your favorites and add new ones to your collection. Applies quickly and easily, leaving a brilliant, super shiny finish". Thanks for the fashion advice Wet n Wild. The Wild Shine nail line offers 27 shades with a formaldehyde, toluene, and phthalate free formula. I had my eye on Caribbean Frost for a while and finally bought it during a recent sale at Rite Aid. I got my .43 fl oz (12.7ml) bottle for just .50c, it normally sells for .99c. Wet n Wild does not test on animals. This nail polish was made in China.
Packaging for the Wild Shine lacquer line is plain and pretty cheap. A rectangulr glass bottle topped by a grey, tall, round cap. I've had a lot of trouble with these bottles leaking. Not just a little bit of polish that makes the cap hard to remove, but I'm talking the whole bottle leaking out. Not cool at all. The front label; which despite being on a brand new bottle, is already peeling up in the corners; features the name of the product. The back of the bottle contains a full ingredient list. The Wild Shine brush is long, quite thin, and on the stiffer side. It takes several strokes to cover the nail. Kinda difficult to work with, but it gets the job done.
Caribbean Frost has to be one of the most beautiful shades of nail polish ever. Its a rich, shimmering, metallic green leaning teal. So interesting and pretty. This shade is definitely on the darker end of the teal spectrum. I think this is the kind of color that is appropriate during any time of the year, its rich enough to wear during autumn or winter, but also bright enough for wear in the warmer months. I personally prefer wearing Caribbean Frost on my toes.
Caribbean Frost's application is really nice! This polish is almost opaque in one coat, fully opaque in two coats. Each layer goes on evenly, which surprised me because the formula seems very thin. Ironically, I fin d that Wet n Wild's Wild Shine line dries significantly faster than their FastDry line. That holds true for Caribbean Frost, each coat dries in about 40 seconds. I've had variable wear from this polish, on average I get about 3 days of wear with moderate chips and tip wear. Decent, but not great.
I love the color of Wet n Wild's Wild Shine nail polish in Caribbean Frost! This polish is great for year round wear; it's pretty, unique, and has some depth to it. Application is pretty good and so is the wear, especially considering that this polish is just a buck, The only thing I wish would be improved upon is the packaging. I would probably repurchase this nail polish and I recommend it if you're a fan of teals.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by ErycahBlueberrie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

What a nice mermaid color! But I really hate these Wet'n'Wild brushes, they're so hard to work with.
Drying time was adequate and result nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

NC25 here but this polish is so gorgeous that I am almost positive it will look pretty on anyone! This is my 2nd bottle so YES I will buy it again and again and again. This formula performs just as well as a pricier one. I top it off with Seche Vite and it wears just as well as my OPI colors. It applies like a dream (not streaky or too runny) and in only 2 coats to the bottle color. My sister got the Sally Hansen Xtreme wear shade (Marine Scene) that looks almost exactly like this in the bottle but when swatched side by side Caribbean Frost leans more green. I prefer WnW CF over all my other shades of Turquoise actually. Its a warmer turquoise for sure and I cant stop looking at my nails when i wear it! At .93 a bottle this is a must try!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by MysteryButterfly

love the color. reminds me of a mermaid. the polish is pretty when you look at it. some times it leans towards blue and sometimes it leans towards green depending on the lighting

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Gorgeous color, opaque in one coat (two for a more intense color) and the application is really smooth, the polish doesn't apply streakily at all (don't know if this formula in general is this good or if it's just this color). Has lasted on my nails for three days before it started to chip and that's good enough for me, especially for a two dollar nail polish. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by amlheureux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm more into cream finish polishes, and this is, like the name says, more of a frost/metallic. That being said, this is excellent quality given the price point. I paid a dollar and got good opacity after just 1 coat. With two, I had a great, streak-free application. I did experience some chipping on my right hand after a couple of days but I'm not deducting points for that as it seems to happen to me no matter what polish I use. The one lippie off is because this stained my nails BAD. I should have known better and used a base coat but a 5 star formula doesn't stain. I won't repurchase this due to that and because it's not really my type of color, but if you're more diligent about base coat, I'd definitely check it out because it's so affordable.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2012 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Tanya86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like the color of this polish (I use 2 coats so it's more of a solid color), but it chips way too easily. The price is great, but I'd rather have polish that doesn't chip off on the first day of wearing it

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2011 5:58:00 AM More reviews by mirahvk

I was completely infatuated with this Caribbean Frost when I bought it- the colour is gorgeous!- but I don't like the way it looks on me. I have pale cool toned skin, and it made me look kind of sickly. I think it could be because it is very metallic (also streaky if you're not careful). It had chipped at the tips a lot by the second day. Still, I've gone through almost a whole bottle by painting practically everything I own in it - scissor blades, pen clips, zipper pulls, dog tags... hahaha.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by absolia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This polish is so damn dreamy. I can't even describe it because it changes color depending on the light and in the bottle it just doesn't look THAT special. But it's special, real special. And SO cheap. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Annie225

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

A beautiful color to wear in summertime, but it also reminds me of a Christmas green. I think you can apply one coat, two will give you perfect color. Midway through my manicure I applied a sheer glitter on top and the color still looked awesome. The staying power of this inexpensive polish was very good, however I have strong nails.