October 22, 2014 | 960 users online

Cleansers - Benzagel 5 acne wash

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by northerngal100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If your skin is every having a massive breakout meltdown, use this! It's no non-sense stuff. It's not meant to remove makeup or anything, I would do that first, then use this and rub genley for a minute, rinse and moisturize like crazy.

I have very sensitive skin and I can only use this stuff in absolutely dire situations because it makes my skin extremely dry and using twice a day or even two days in a row is out of the question. I keep it on hand anyway - My friend with oily acne prone skin recommended it and she was right. I used it when I had a crazy hormonal breakout a few months ago and honestly my skin looked way better the next morning. Since I rarely use it (it will last forever) and its pretty inexpensive, I would say this is a very good buy.

This is the one killer/harsh product I will use because it works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! It has cleared up my adult acne flare-up faster than any product. It certainly can be drying, but I compensate for this with an effective moisturizer. I have sensitive, combination, 30-something skin with a recent increase in jawline breakouts. My same old products didn't seem to work, nor did salicylic acid washes. At one point, I had up to 8 reddish bumps around my jawline that typically took weeks to heal. After 1.5 weeks of this, they were significantly reduced- after 3 weeks, they were gone. It's a gritty, liquidy cleanser that doesn't foam and comes in a squeezy bottle with a flip-up nozzle. It travels easily and hasn't leaked, but I keep it in a plastic bag nevertheless due to fears of it bleaching clothes. It dries my skin out with my typical moisturizer, but hasn't been an issue since I started using Reversa Antioxidant Booster Serum underneath. SInce it's so effective, I'm willing to work with it. Highly recommend! UPDATE:Still loving this, it has saved my skin. No more jawline breakouts and blackheads have been greatly reduced. I love the gritty feel and it doesn't toast my skin like the Panoxyl wash. And with a serum and moisturizer, I don't experience dryness like before. I love it and will continue to buy!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Joe1230

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I have pretty bad acne and this stuff managed to clear up about 60% of it in about a week and a half. One thing it doesn't really help with is nodular/cystic acne, but it's still one of the best, fastest working products I've used to date. I have really oily skin so it doesn't really dry my face out (no moisturizer), but I can see that being a problem for other people.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by claudel67123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really enjoy using this product. Going to bed knowing that the morning after your acne will of diminished feels great. I have been using this cream for about a week now and it has cleared my face magically! You have to be very cautious when using benzagel because it drys out your skin so much! And i have oily skin so it doesn't usually dry up! Using it with a good moisturizer makes this product perfect! I would defiantly buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by shelleykay82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this wash since I was 16 (I'm now 26). I had moderate acne in my teenage years, and this paired with a tetracycline prescription cleared me up. I still do get zits, but thats because of my oily skin. The thing is that this product is impossible for me to switch out of. It's way too drying on my skin now but everytime I try to use something else I break out terribly. I have a feeling I'll be stuck using this strong stuff for the rest of my life until my skin changes with age. Anyways, this stuff definitely works to clear your skin if you can stand the incredible drying, reddening effects that it has. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by MsLeo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Of course, it's benzoyl peroxide, so it dries, but I mix it with my cleanser, my mask, and my scrubs and it's made some difference already.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2007 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Seo219

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After using this brand for 6 months i've made a switch. It just wound up drying out my skin and stopped removing acne. Sorry!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2005 12:16:00 PM More reviews by auras

This is a great wash for mild acne, honestly, the only one that really worked and fast. It cleared my little sweat caused bumps on the forehead in 3 days (meaning 3 uses, only mornings). I keep on using it every morning though, to keep my forehead clear. The consistency is runny and a bit of product is enough. It doesn't lather and it stings a bit, but this goes with every benzoyl peroxide (5%) product. I moisturize after this wash, though it isn't terribly drying, just comfortably so, in mt case anyway. I wholeheartedly recommend this for acne prone skin.