August 21, 2014 | 1811 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eyeslicks Gel Eye Colour - Shimmering Pebble

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2006 6:57:00 AM More reviews by monlim

A wonderful MUAer sent me this in a swap, otherwise I would NEVER have tried this. First of all, Cover Girl? Not great experiences. Plus chubby sticks? Not my favourite. But since I had it, thought I'd try it and to my surprise, it actually turned out pretty good! The colour is great - it's not like your regular champagne with shimmer, it flashes pink and beige and really brightens up my eye area when I use it in the inner corner of the eyelid. It goes on really smooth too and I didn't have problems with flaking. Truly is a godsend for those days when you don't have time to fiddle with pigments or shadow - just one swipe and voila! Brighter eyes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2005 11:07:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

This is a chubby gel/cream eyeshadow pencil. I originally had this in Pewter (shimmery, taupey color) and liked it well enough to get "Cat's Eye" (olive green with gold shimmers) and this one. On white paper, this is a rosy, champagne-beige color with a fine silver shimmer. When stroked on (there's a light, cooling sensation) it sorta blends into my MMM/GGG skin and leaves a dewy shimmer behind, not really much pigment. I think this particular color would show up better on someone fairer than I. But it works well as a highlighter for the inner and outer corners of eyes (I originally was going to get "Moondust" for that purpose, but decided it might look too frosty and obvious on me). Doesn't last all that long on combo/oily me (though my eye skin isn't oily at all) but this comes with its own cap and is pretty compact so you can bring it along for touch-ups. The tip tends to break off easily, so one should use and resharpen cautiously. Not too expensive at around 4 USD, but the lack of pigmentation and the crumbliness of the product (I really think this would've been more useful as a little pot of eye gloss or something) doesn't exactly make this a steal if you use it a lot. I would repurchase, but only if it were on sale again.