October 24, 2014 | 1525 users online

Fragrances - Ralph Lauren - Glamourous

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by lgooding

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was one of my all time favorite scents to wear in the early 2000's. I was in college then, and just sitting up remembering it now is bringing back a lot of great memories. I really wish I can find a bottle today for a normal price (eBay and amazon sellers have lost their minds). Love it and if it were re-launched, I will be the first in line to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

My FAVOURITE perfume, this has been my signature fragrance for 9 years. But I just can't seem to find it anywhere now :(

This is the sexiest fragrance I've ever smelt (for women) and I don't mean that in a negative way...it is bold, it's confident, it's sexy, its truly Glamourous. I just love wearing it and my hubby loves it on me too.

I adore the flacon it comes in too, simple, non fussy with a gold cap and hey a sparkling diamante on it.

I want it real bad...can someone pls help me locate it?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Indigirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the negative reviews called Glamorous a floral cacophony, or something like it. I think something similar, but I call it "complex." And I like it. Complex, yes, but definitely a conventional-enough women's perfume to wear daily and not offend the random people in one's environment. Smells floral and musky and bold on me. I like tuberose and frangipani, and Glamorous has both as well as ginger and lily that blend well with them.

I disagree with those who say this is not appropriate as a casual or work scent. But, of course, perfume is personal and the same scent can express itself very differently differently from person to person. And there's nothing wrong with injecting a tinge of glamor and class into one's daily life. To me, it works fine as an elegant but not necessarily "dressed up" fragrance. This dovetails with the subdued and casual image of the brand, I think: glamorous, but not in a way that requires opera gloves.

I also don't find it an overly sexy for daily wear, either. It always reminded me more of something a powerful woman might wear. Not the type of "powerful woman" who uses sex as a weapon, either. I might be in the insane minority, but I could see wearing this to a business meeting.

It's also a nostalgic fragrance for me but, alas, discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by llb3333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, I have looked extensively for a sexier fragrance to relace this (Hermes, D&G, etc...) and cannot find one! I hate the thought of buying a Ralph Lauren fragrance but I have to give credit when due. This is not an everyday fragrance, just screams sex. My husband LOVES it and it has a great staying power. It has been 7 years and I still haven't found a better option!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Argogirl

This perfume smells exactly what the name implies ..."glamourous"...I can't imagine wearing this perfume to work as some other reviewers as stated...unless I worked at Vogue or Harpers Bazaar...but to each their own. This is strictly saved for weddings/galas/high-end functions in my house. And 101% a nighttime fragrance IMO. It smells sexy and sophisticated...makes my husband crazy (in a good way). It can be quite strong though, so keep that in mind.

Also, this is a mature smelling fragrance...not mature in like a granny way, but in a "grown n sexy" way...you need confidence to pull this off...would smell inappropriate on anyone under 21.

I'm not one to usually comment on such things, but I like the bottle as well. Just when you think it is going the simple route, there is a diamond in the cap. See? Glamourous. :)

The lotion really helps make the scent last and there is the slightest, ever so slightest bit of gold shimmer in it that makes your skin glow, but doesn't look cheap or tacky -- don't worry, it's extremely subtle.

A great fragrance and I am sad and confused as to why it is discontinued.

Will be shopping around for a travel size as I always feel like re-applying after the food at the wedding is over and before the dancing.:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 5:39:00 AM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I cannot understand all the hoopla over plain old Ralph Lauren's Romance. To me his Glamourous is much nicer, but then again I love lillies and this has them. Glamourous is a very clean soapy fresh floral kind of perfume, perfect for just out of the shower semi-important event in the mid to late spring. I discovered it shopping and followed the sillage (trail of perfume) from a woman who told me she was wearing this. It is not an everyday choice for me but then again between my 45 bottles of perfume I rarely wear anything twice in row! If I did wear it daily, I would quickly tire of it because it is not a "masterpiece of complexity" type of scent. However, I have been complimented on this every time I do choose to wear it. It is very feminine and fresh, enough to stand out amongst all the fruity florals that have invaded the market. I have two mini bottles, and do not expect to have to replenish them. Glamorous is very concentrated and should be applied with a light hand. Good stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2009 9:59:00 AM More reviews by ninagirl

This scent is an olfactory onslaught! I can't make out the notes, it's such a big smack-in-the-face of lillies, hairspray, and something harsh, maybe insect repellant. The bottle is a beautiful glass cylinder with a pretty jewel in the cap, hence two lippies. I'm just glad I got this as a gift

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Shannonjc1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this back when it 1st came out and its an ok scent. It doesnt stay too long and its hella pricey! The bottle is pretty though, but I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 3:29:00 PM More reviews by jln7124

My husband bought this for me a couple years ago and it is just an okay fragrance for me. It is definitely a pretty scent but I find that once the initial application wears off (and it does so rather quickly) it has no staying power. The bottle is adorable but for the price I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Amie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As much as i loved this for fall, it turned out to be very 'samey' and after ahwile was tired of smelling myself. Isnt horrible, but i think there are mroe memorable scents out there. As far as staying power that was the one thing i did like about it, 8 hours later i still smelled decent.