September 18, 2014 | 897 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by auraborialis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just majorly splurged today at Sephora and bought 5 Urban Decay eyeshadows. I found out last night after doing some reading that they're a cruelty-free brand, so I wanted to see what they had. After testing out a few colors in the store I ended up walking away with 5... yeah.

I bought Snakebite (warm dark choclatey brown), Desperation (dark blue-gray), Chase (warm sand), YDK (between a cool bronze and rose gold), and ABC Gum (matte peach).

The color payoff for all is unbelievable. The formulas are smoother than Mac's shadows by a long shot. Most of the colors have a lot of shimmer, but somehow they don't look cheap and "silvery" like most shimmers/frosts do. It's just a sparklier version of the color, if that makes sense. They also lasted on me throughout the day without a primer, but I did notice that the darker colors smudged every so slightly, but I think this is because I used a lot at once instead of layering it on like you're supposed to. It's really finely milled powder so it's easy to overdo it if you don't have a light hand.

These shadows are gorgeous! The only bad thing about them is the price - $18 bucks a pop. But they are well worth the money. If you've been thinking about getting some of these shadows, go for it, you will absolutely not be disappointed!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of Urban Decay eyeshadows. I find them to be long lasting, richly pigmented, buttery soft but not too soft, easy to apply & the shade selection is fantastic. Sin is my favorite shade. It's the perfect dupe for Stila Kitten (I hated the forumla but loved the color).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by RomanXI

This is kind of gross but I have owned one of Urban Decays Eyeshadows for around 7 years(I know!!) I used it continuously for a whole year, and on and off for the next 6 and I still haven't even reached the bottom, the product literally goes on forever and ever!
The colour is very pigmented, has a nice shimmer to it, no smell, doesn't crease or spread anywhere. The packaging is quite cute too. Would definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

Im on my 3rd Urban decay token shadow. Urban Decay in Black out is the only eyeshadow i prefer and choose to use. The quality is up there, is the only shadow that i surprisingly found to blend and first strike so beautifully. I did notice though they reformulated oil slick from pitch black to dull charcoal. But overall Urban Decays the best eyeshadow out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought my 1st urban decay palette about 3 years ago, and let me say, I'm obsessed. I have accumalated at least 120 shades through palettes, pigments and single shadows.

Let me say that their shadows are phenomenal. They are buttery smooth. The shades are richly pigmented. The metallics pack a punch. The mattes are soft and blendable. The duo chromes are insane. The glittery ones dismissed the need to buy glitter separately (although I find that their new glitter formulas have more fall out and are less pigmented than the previous formula).

Where I live UD is available in limited quantity so I've bought all online. The shades dont disappoint. If you think the shades look amazing online, wait till you get them in person...breathtakingly gorgeous.

My palette of choice is the orginal Naked palette. Other outstanding bright shades are flash, flipside, radium, height, junkie, loaded, unhinged, vert, fishnet to name a few.

If you haven't tried UD and are curious, just go for it. Go for an older palette that is on sale. You wouldn't be disappointed and may become a die hard UD fan like myself.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 7:42:00 AM More reviews by 1017

All in all, I am not really a fan of Urban Decay eyeshadows. Yes, they make great palettes. But, I prefer more neutrals, no glitter, and a satiny shimmer or matte shadow that is buttery not chalky. This is where Urban Decay fails me. I am trying to put together a quad from them so I have one perfect quad. It is such a struggle to fill it...the colors are so close to right, but then fail me. Maui Wowie, gorgeous perfect shade way too much glitter. ABC Gum or Foxy or Virgin great highlight wash shades, but none look "perfect" on my (NW20). Buck or Naked in the crease...eh. I find MAC Era or NYX Taupe to be my HG soft crease colors. Vanilla - very pretty lid color, but doesn't seem to apply even or it is just so frosty it is reflecting so much I can't tell if it is even. I just find myself struggling to find perfection among these shadows but being faced with mediocrity. If you are a young adult, love glitter and colors, I would imagine you are a huge fan. But for an almost 40 yr old mom, these just tend to look ridiculous on me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by snowpaum

Urban decay is undoubtedly one of the best eyeshadow products !! Although it costs $18, it lasts enough&pays off in the long run. I bought it in the color called Lost, which I use to either put on eyeshadow for a night out or everyday-use eyeliner. I tend to use it for eyeliner because I'm a college student who really doesn't go out that often. You can definitely build up more layers for dramatic look! With my drugstore angled brush, I can draw a simple eyeliner that blends into my skin that it looks really natural and beautiful. Not many recognize that I put it on. On top of that, it lasts the whole day with an eye primer. However, since it's pricey, I recommend you to buy only a few that you can really commit to until they last.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 7:18:00 AM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I feel like Urban Decay shadows are so underrated. Here on makeup alley, all the rave is about MAC. But I feel the quality is much better. They have a great selection of colors and finishes. So there is something for everyone whether you like matte, shimmer, or glitter. I personally do not like the shadows with glitter (like Midnight Cowboy Rides Again) since its just not my taste. You can also depot these and put them into MAC palletes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Jojojoanneee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's insanely awesome and it stays on just a little bit longer than other eyeshadows that I've tried. Mine is matte and it works really well, layering. It's quite pricey so i will not repurchase it and I will stay with my light purple-y colour for the next few years (nah, jk, I'll still buy eyeshadow but this is kind of out of my price range) but on the price side, the packaging is insanely cute! The token is a very clever idea.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by lovedrunk

I bought the Urban Decay palette "Urban Ammo" about two years ago and I still have not used it all! Granted, I only wear eyeshadow when I go out on the weekends but the quality of UD eyeshadows are awesome. Really pigmented but you definitely need some kind of eye primer. I don't have an eye primer but still use the eyeshadow and they show up decently well but fade after a night out. My favorite shades are Maui Wowie, Smog, and Sin. Really neutral colors that look great together.