October 23, 2014 | 1749 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Moisture Extreme

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by missdiordior

The BEST lipstick forever!!!
I got this lipstick in born with it after reading so many postive reviews and it is REALLY amazing. Very moisturizing for my deadly dry lips and gives a nice finish, and the price is soooo affordable.
Sadly it has been discountinued otherwise I will repurchase it over and over again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Enkida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I own this in two colors: natural rosewood and chocolate temptation.

This lipstick has been discontinued in the US, but continues to be sold in Europe and I believe in India as well. The price in Germany is under 5, making it one of the more affordable/cheap drugstore lipstick choices here. The red plastic packaging reflects that; while at a glance it looks nice, in actuality it is very light, flimsy and cheap, making me wary of carrying this lipstick in a purse without some kind of outer casing around it.

Texture wise this lipstick is a dream - smooth, creamy and most definitely moisturizing. How well creamy translates into feathering seems to depend on the color; I find "natural rosewood" to be very sheer and runny on me, prone to smearing outside of my lip line even with a liner. On the other hand "chocolate temptation" is fairly opaque and doesn't budge much, even with a bit of gloss over it. The texture of both lipsticks are rich enough to not require any lip balm underneath; wearing some may in fact cause more smearing than usual.

As stated above, opacity and color return seems to vary from shade to shade. Both of my colors are neutral, brownish MLBB colors for medium to darker toned people with pigmented lips. I am happy with "chocolate tempation" which is an opaque brown with beautiful red undertones; "natural rosewood" would be a wonderful mauvish brown if it was just a little less sheer. Neither of the colors actually stain the lips; they just seem to sit on the surface, resulting in a very short wear time if you have a tendency to smack your lips or drink or eat something after application. Constant reapplication nearly every hour is a must; on the plus side, doing this will keep your lips soft and supple because of all the moisturizing properties of the lipstick.

There is no noticable flavor to the lipstick and a very light, artificial, difficult to define scent that fades very quickly after application. Beats L'Oreal's scented lipsticks hands down. One last con: most reviews say this lipstick tends to mould quickly (within a year of purchase) in humid climates. If you're not going to reach for this lipstick regularly, it may be better to save your money, unless you store it in the fridge.

Altogether a mediocre lipstick, good texture and color range for the price, but not long lasting or sturdy enough to make a really good impression. For this price range I prefer Catrice lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Stefaniey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this as a free gift from Crush Cosmetics, in Crushed Cranberry.

Smooth application, good pigmentation, inoffensive fragrance and no taste.

Colour is a dark floral pink that would be flattering for a lot of skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by azncrow7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Product Description: "Take lip color to the max with Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipcolor. The anti-feathering, anti-bleeding formula smothers your lips in Extremely bold color that is bound to get you noticed. Moisture Extreme Lipstick is one you wont want to miss.
Active power of a lip balm provides deep moisturization for voluptuous lips drenched in color. 56 sumptuous shades across every shade family to complement all skin tones. Non-feathering and non-bleeding. SPF 15 protection.Size: 0.15oz/4.2g"

PROS:
Creamy and moisturizing, as the name implies
Doesn't feather or bleed
Leaves a nice stain on your lips after it's faded (for darker colors)
SPF15 (chemical, although I prefer physical)
Nicely pigmented in 1-2 swipes
Very faint watermelon scent (pleasant and not overwhelming)
CONS:
Packaging feels a bit flimsy, cap seems loose (potential to fall off in a purse)
Does not last very long (perhaps 2 hours of wear, but I'm a chronic lipstick/gloss eater)
Fragrance may be irritating to some
Final Thoughts:
This was one of my first personal lipsticks I've worn, and still one of my favorites! These lip colors are semi-sheer, but they can build up to be more pigmented. Also since they are so moisturizing, I do not always need a lip balm underneath when I'm applying them. If I could, I would definitely repurchase these again. Too bad these are discontinued, I stocked up during the last CVS sale and now I don't see the display for them anywhere. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Europe

This lip stick is amazing!!! I have it in nude blush and it is such a natural lip colour with some shine!!!. The smell smells like watermelon!!! isn't that amazing?? most lipsticks smell like wax or plastic...It also last for a few hours. Obviously if you eat you need to reapply it...you also don't need to apply a lip balm first since it is so moisturizing hence the name moisture extreme!!!!!! The packaging is not the prettiest but is not the ugliest too. Great product!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by luxlover79

I got several lipsticks from maybelline and im always attracted to buy seeing their range of colors. This really feels like lip balm upon application, lips are moisturized. But for me, the moisture doesn't stay. It wears off after a while and the shine is gone. It's better to top it with gloss to keep the gorgeous color shine. Cheaper priced than my usual Revlon and Loreal lipsticks so it's not bad to get a few of them in different colors. 'Will repurchase if they come up again with new shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Steffachino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own ten of these lipsticks. I'm not a lipstick girl, but these=love! Nicely pigmented and moisturizing. Way better than Color Sensational, to be honest.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by foxpup82

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The BEST moisturizing lipstick I've found! I've tried everything under the sun, and find a lot of lipsticks are just too drying on me.
But Moisture Extreme really does the trick - the colors are opaque enough, but feel very light, and not sticky.
It also doesn't tend to bleed, which I thought it would, considering it's consistency.
My only criticism is I wish they made more of a range of brighter pinks and reds.
I actually used up all the ME lipsticks I bought last year, to the quick.
I live most of the year in Australia, where Maybelline lipstick will set you back$15-$20, so I stock up when I come home to the US once year.
I'm filling my suitcase with Moisture Extremes!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by snowcherries

I love the formula of this lipstick.
I dislike a lot of lip products based on the way they feel on my lips. Lipsticks tend to feel heavy and dry, while glosses are too sticky or gooey for my liking.
Maybelline Moisture Extreme feels like a lip balm on; slightly slick, but not tacky. Scent is light and not offensive at all. No heavy flowery, vanilla or chemical scents, just a vague hint of cucumber.
It comes in a dark red tube, which isn't the most glamorous but isn't ugly. Some of the caps stay on better than others.
Rose Hush is my favorite color of the line; muted neutral pinky beige nude. Just the color I've been searching for; it's not orange or pink or brown, just MLBB.
A lot of the best colors were recently discontinued (including my beloved Rose Hush) but the formula and consistency will keep me trying other shades. They all seem to go on pretty sheer, but able to build moderate coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by rainshine

The best, most moisturizing lipsticks in the drugstore, with the prettiest colors and finishes. So of course, dc. Revlon Super Lustrous are as great, if you prefer a heavier feel on the lips with more stain.