December 25, 2014 | 1483 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lumene - Beauty Base Face Makeup Base

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by GabbiDiaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay so for you guys who wants a good primer for a very good price, I reccomend it.
This product is good for how much it costs, and you can feel a difference when you put it on your skin. I would rather pay this little for a working primer, and buy a little more expensive foundation.
For me it was good, and i could buy it again. But it exists better primers, and worse.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddictionist

The primer is lovely. The way it glides to your skin so effortlessly is absolutely stunning. While wearing the primer underneath my foundation, it gave me a more steadier surface to work with. It literally smoothened out my skin. The only thing I was concerned about was thinking how fast it would run out. Since the primer had been squished in a small opaque tube, it was hard to predict how much of there was left. Surprisingly it was sufficient for an entire five months as an every day usage except for weekends and exceptional holidays.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by miuization

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is really bad. I got one which had "New and improved formula" sticker on it and is meant for oily-combination skin (like I have).

This primer does not keep my foundation in place at all. I even think it is making my foundation staying power even worse. Sometimes I notice that my foundation cakes because of this primer (it sort of separates the foundation on my skin if it even makes sense). My face gets oily within 1-2 hours. I also tried to apply this on top of my foundation which makes no difference. It even broke me out on my forehead giving me little bumps.

Consistency of this primer is strange. It feels like silicone-based product and is a bit crunchy when rubbing between your fingers.

I would not purchase it again or recommend it to anyone. I still have whole tube left and I have no use for it because it is terrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 6:04:00 AM More reviews by becca1994

This primer is very light and goes on smoothly, levaing my skin extremely soft! I really love how it makes my skin look matte and the way it feels, and it provides a great base for foundation etc. It doesn't make me look cakey, but it doesn't do much for the makeup, except it might stay on a tiny bit longer. One thing I find that this primer is really good for though, is to apply in the morning when you're planning to go "au naturel", because of the amazing, baby-soft and matte finish it has! :) I can't stop touching my face then, haha..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

This is a great primer its inexpensive and very effective. It gives me smooth, glowy skin and it is not heavy and extends the stay of my foundation throughout the day, and most of all it does not break me out.
I have tried Smashbox's primer and it worked just as well as this but it broke me out. I hightly recommend this primer, its effective and does not cause any cystic like breakouts like many primers can cause.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 6:31:00 AM More reviews by maajake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A pretty good primer that I use every time under my make up. I still wouldn't buy it again but just because I want to buy a new primer (the pink one) from Lumene.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2010 5:38:00 AM More reviews by lp87

It makes my foundation go on smoothly but my skin becomes oily within a couple of hours.....
It also makes me look a bit cakey :(
Will not recommend this to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I expected more from this product than I got.
I bought it because it said it reduces oil, and that's something I always get in the summer. The first time I tried it, I just had powder over it. I thought it was great! I played volleyball for 5 hours, and hadn't a trace of the usually oily look. I also thought applying the powder went smoother.
Then i tried this under my foundation, and got another result. The foundation looked smooth on my forehead, where I have almost invisible pores, but the rest of my face looked really cakey. My face also got really oily, really fast with the foundation over, and the foundation actually slid off some parts of the face, which I've never had problems with before.
One plus is that this product doesn't smell. I could describe the scent as maybe a little like Vaseline, but barely smells anything. It also goes on really smooth, and makes my skin feel soft.

So, I would say that this may work for someone who wears nothing/a powder over, but this does NOT work under foundation. I also think that maybe this is like some other Lumene products, that their foundation may work better with this product, but I don't know. Would be nice if anyone could tell about their experience if they've tried this.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Sickflick

I really had some high hopes for this primer after reading all the great reviews here about it, and to be honest; I'm not impressed after finally buying it. This "primer" did nothing! I didn't experience any breakouts with this one though, but instead of reducing the shine and making my skin look matte, it only added a greasy layer so I looked shiny within 2-3 hours. Sad to disappoint, but I'd rather wear no primer at all then this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2010 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Evelin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I only have used this product few days and I already see the difference. Usually when I see myself in the mirror I shine so much, I have oily skin but today after running around all day I found myself looking matte in the mirror. No shining spot in the face at all. And I only used the Primer, I did not put foundation on it. It is really funny to apply it because you dont know where you have put it on and where not, because its color is transparent. I am going to try it with foundation and then write about that. what came to me as a suprise was that its a really small bottle. I wish it were bigger.