April 18, 2014 | 1523 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Christian Dior - Diorskin Base De Teint 001

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2006 3:13:00 PM More reviews by maxinesmiles

Recieved a sample of this (in Vogue I think) and I am so glad, cause if I hadn't tried this I may have been v. tempted to buy it. It is the most pointless primer ever - if you put foundation on top the effect of the base just disappears! I am even more loyal now to my Smashbox colour adjust (green) primer - there is simply no comparison.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2006 3:52:00 AM More reviews by sillyme135

An excellent foundation primer. It comes in a nice glass pump bottle. The product is an iridescent off-white. When applied onto my skin, it gives it a glow, and no white residue. Can be used alone to even out skin-tone (according to the SA). Works beautifully under fdtn. Subtle iridescent, not over the top. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2005 8:14:00 AM More reviews by cavewoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The full name of this product is Base De Teint Moisturizing Radiance Fixing MakeUp Base. It is a sheer, pale pale pinky-lavender color in the bottle with a hint of iridescence, but on the skin it just appears sheer and glowing. It does not settle into pores or lines, and under foundation just gives a bit of a dewy, luminous look. What I like best about it is that it is a very thin product, not sticky, and helps foundation to adhere better and stay put. I am using it under not just my Diorskin but also under other foundations. Nowhere near the iridescence of a product such as MAC HyperReal, but still giving a glow, not a shine. Would repurchase. It comes in a 1.05 oz size, the same size as the DiorSkin foundations, with the same pump bottle. It is easy to pump out just the right amount, so nothing's wasted. I would repurchase, price was around $40 at Nordstrom.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No