October 31, 2014 | 942 users online

Palettes - Sephora - Midnight Face Palette

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2006 11:49:00 AM More reviews by JuniperStar

Pros: large mirror, sturdy compact, 6 wearable eyeshadows to choose from along with a highlighter and a blush. I got it on sale for $10 - pretty cheap for the variety you get.

Cons: the quality of the eyeshadows is lacking. when i used a brush to apply, it just flaked all over. even when its in the pan, there are little clumps when you run the brush through it. it was very disappointing especially since i really liked the colors.

FYI: the eyeshadows work much better when you use your finger. they blend in much better and it prevents the flaking i mentioned earlier.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2006 12:47:00 PM More reviews by avocate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was not impressed with this palette, even for the $10 I paid on sale. The colors are okay, but the texture and quality of the products is not the best. The eyeshadows went on chalky and didn't blend well, and the blush did not apply easily. I had to layer to get the color to show up and by that time I had a thick layer of blush on my cheeks that I had to tissue off. All in all, this palete gave me a very clownish, heavily-made-up appearance. I know some people love it and I hope the woman I swapped it to does!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2006 12:56:00 AM More reviews by fabulash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it...that should be enough said. I don't have one complaint about it. Loved it so much I actually have TWO! The eyeshadow colors show up so bright and gorgeous on my eyes and I don't have a problem with them wearing off. The blush is the most perfect color. The highlighter doesn't "drown" me in shimmer, it's just subtle. Big two thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2006 6:20:00 PM More reviews by write

I like this palette. i see myself being able to use a lot of the e/s as both base colours and as liners.
thers a dark shale colour and an aubergine type colour that i would use as liners. and a nice hiliter and blush.love the value, love this palette!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2006 9:56:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink710

Pros: Large viewing mirror, variety (6 eyeshadows, 1 blush, 1 highlighter) & flattering shades. I love the blush it comes with! Decent price. Cons: Poor quality of powders, gritty shimmer. Will not repurchase. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2006 3:45:00 AM More reviews by haneulhouseki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really LOVE the colors to this palette. At first I wasn't really a fan of purple and plum shades for eyeshadow, but two of the Sephora make up assistants told me that purple and plum shades would look good with my skin tone. One of them showed me this palette and I fell in love! It's so cute and pretty looking. I tried it on in Sephora and it looked so nice :]. The colors are really pretty. However, by mid-day the eyeshadow had disappeared from my eyes. This has never happened before, but I didn't really expect much from sephora's cosmetic line anyways. Just because of this palette I must go out and buy a eyeshadow base to see if it will make the eyeshadow stay. I don't regret buying this because it was a steal for $10 (on sale) and the colors look sooo nice in the palette. I just wish that sephora would work harder at making their products better than 'average.'

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2005 12:31:00 AM More reviews by portlandgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this palette. I'm an NC30, and have found that all the colors work well for me. The pigment intensity is perfect as I prefer a more subtle look. But having said that, the darkest purple shade and the charcoal e/s are very pigmented and work wonderfully as eyeliners. The blush is nothing fantastic, but it does the job in giving a natural flush. The highlighter is pretty worthless, but that's not why I bought the palette. I highly recommend it for someone who wants purple/plum e/s tones, but ones that aren't too cool. Great for travel, but I imagine the compact will show wear and tear with just a few trips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2005 1:45:00 PM More reviews by rjs521

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a sucker for palettes - in theory - but I never buy them b/c there is always something in there that just isn't going to work for me (kinda like those multipacks of the small cereal boxes - I mean who really wants to eat the Shredded Wheat?)... not the case here (it's as though it's all mini boxes of Corn Pops..) everything works for me. Colors are beautiful and what's more - the eyeshadows don't seem to crease on me. Which is really weird b/c I've never had an e/s that didn't crease on my oily lids. I love the gorgeous colors - love the Nars like compact (complete with a big big mirror). My only complaint is that the e/s are a little on the *small* side - but hey...it is a palette - and the blush brush is useless (think D/S blush brush that comes with blush - little rectangular looking thing). Hope this palette is regular item at Sephora as it the kind of thing that you could take with you on vacation and not need any other blush or e/s.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2005 11:13:00 PM More reviews by deliah008

I hardly ever use the palettes I buy. For some reason the convenience of palettes just boggled me. In any case, I sucked in by the great reviews here at P'Ville. So I bought this palette in October.

Overall, it is not bad. However, it is not of the same quality as Nars and Dior palettes. I find that the blush, highlighter, and eye shadows, though seemingly pigmented, are not really so. I was especially surprised with the blush, since it was such a lovely plum (see my pics) that I just had to have it and the highlighter. Unfortunately, on my NC20/Stila 20 watts skin, the colors hardly turn up at all. And I've tried using different blush brushes with no significant change in result. I had to pile on a lot of the product to get any color, which is not what I usually do for blushes.

The wet-and-dry eyeshadows are very crumbly when wet, and do not go on with smooth consistency, leaving much to be desired. I do like the other 4 eyeshadows, especially the nude base. The brushes provided, of course, are defunct in terms of good application use, but come in handy if I'm in a hurry for a little touch-up.

It is a good value, but I would not deem this palette to be of decent quality. I am much more in love with my Stila palettes, though lesser in terms of amount of product, they actually contain product I can use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2005 1:21:00 AM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

I never buy palettes. Never, ever ever. The reason is I usually only like one or two out of the colors; even nice looking ones, I'm guaranteed to have something like one of the others or just flat out dislike a good portion of the colors.

This one was a really tempting one. I love the name for one (yes, I'm a sucker that way!) and the neat patterns impressed on the shadows and blushes too. Also, I liked the lack of lip color. I have tons of lip color already and I hate fussing with a brush to apply lipstick.

Anyway, this palette is just gorgeous in person. The shades look perfectly coordinated, the design on them is soooo cool! And the rubber packaging is sleek and spiffy, classy and modern looking. I almost didn't want to touch it. The eyeshadow applicator is a brush too, which rocks! The liner side is awesome, a perfectly pointy, springy and firm. The other side, a slightly fluffier brush, is nice too; works great to do under eyes. They also have hard plastic tube caps to protect them. The blush brush is soft, but still tiny and useless, but that's just to be expected. The mirror is huge and clear, I love it. And it's thin, nice and portable.

The "looks" on the back are great; a nice idea starter. I do kinda wish they'd numbered them elsewhere other than just on the box though! That's a wee bit annoying when trying to figure out what the "look" instructions are when you're not sure which is #1, #2, etc.

According to Sephora, these are the colors: "Palette includes a golden ivory highlighter, golden rose cheek color, and eyeshadows in beige satin, medium mauve satin, deep khaki green shimmer, champagne shimmer, soft plum satin, and deep eggplant."

The highlighter is nice, but not spectacular. It looks like a weak version of MAC's Pollen shadow. It does impart a more subtle golden sheen than some highlighters of mine though. The blush is great. It's a golden soft berry with plenty of neutral to tone it down. It's probably pretty tame to most but I'm incredibly pale so I need to handle with care, and a stippling brush. Applied softly it makes a beautiful dewy glow, especially in conjunction with the highlighter.

The beige satin shadow is the only one I didn't dig. On me, it's blah and pointless; not much shimmer, no color. They suggest using it as a base, but I'll stick with my MAC paints instead. The medium mauve satin is pretty. It's got a hint of brown in it I believe, enough to make it wearable. The khaki is very golden, and brown based. Nice and dark, it's an excellent liner. The champagne shimmer is darker than some listed as such are- it looks like a much less shimmery shade of Stila Kitten. The eggplant is not unique but is a great liner too, works well wet.

Now, I must admit the individual shadows didn't totally knock my socks off- they're not as shimmery as I usually go for, and I do have some colors that are similar to several. However, I was really enchanted with the way they went together. The soft subtle shimmer was classy and they harmonized beautifully together. I didn't find them chalky and unpigmented like some have said, but conversely I also didn't think they were amazingly pigmented either- kinda middle of the road. Sometimes I don't like battling mega pigment though, it can take work to blend sometimes, I must admit (or maybe that's just me?)

Whew. Clearly I'm feeling wordy this evening. Anyway, buy yourself this goody, it won't be regretted! I think it would work well for pretty much any coloring, they're all quite neutral in temperature.
continued >>