Ion Clarifying Shampoo

4.1

on 3/22/2015 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is awesome if you use a lot of product in your hair for styling, leave-ins, serums, etc. If you ever find your hair getting flat or heavy or feeling 'coated' you might just need a clarifying treatment. I use to use this once a week and it is shocking, being one who washes her hair every day, to see the amount of discoloration in the water once you rinse.

Every day I use Its a 10 Leave In Conditioner, a split end sealer, maybe hairspray and maybe shine spray. And like I said I shampoo and condition every day too.

So, once a week I'll get this out. Its in a pearly white bottle with purple accents and the product itself is transparent orange and smells of oranges, oddly enough. I lather up with it, leave it in for 5 mins or so and rinse and the water is like dark brown lol. and it's not like I'm rolling around in the dirt all day.

Afterwards my hair feels squeaky clean, dry, and tangled but you HAVE to use a good conditioner following a clarifying shampoo because the shampoo strips everything out of your hair, hence: clarifying.

This is a great, effective, inexpensive clarifier. Not meant for softening hair, conditioning hair, taming hair, etc. Just for removing buildup

on 2/14/2014 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have chin length fine hair that is light blonde and dry from coloring. My hair has not been responding to any products I put in it like mousse, velcro rollers to add volume etc. It's just been a mess when I wake up in the morning...sticking straight up all mashed around..even after shampooing it felt heavy and didn't move. Lastnight I went into Sally's and got this after looking up reviews. I used it that same night and what a difference.
Because my hair is dry, it did feel like it stripped my hair but nothing conditioner afterwards couldn't fix. My hair looks, feels and shines like real hair again!! I can't believe I went so long without this little miracle. It's amazing.

on 2/4/2013 11:10:00 PM

This is the first clarifying shampoo I've ever purchased so I don't have much to compare this to, but i thought this stuff was great- nice scent, really cleaned my hair and didn't strip it of it's moisture at all. I have 3c hair, frizzy, and curly/wavy.

on 4/9/2012 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

For once, a product does what it says it is going to do! Love this shampoo once a week to clear out excess build-up and grease.

on 2/6/2012 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Very happy with this product. I recently moved from NC to TX and am plagued with hard water. I was using Paul Mitchell color care and it just wasn't getting my car clean because of the water. A good wash with this every so often makes my PM shampoo work again.

I also bought the Ion Hard Water shampoo and am happy with that as well, as I have been generally happy with all ION products I have tried.

i loved this stuff! it made my oily hair feel nice and clean and the conditioner was nice to it wasn't to drying it was just perfect but i had to stop using it cause i colored my hair :[ but if you have oily hair and its not colored then i recommend this product

on 8/30/2011 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

My relaxers were just not taking well, and I felt that no matter what I did my hair was not getting moisturized with my conditioners and the protein I was using was not helping. My hair was porous and just really not looking good. I switched brands of relaxer, bought all kinds of glossifiers, even the expensive one that says it is "argan oil". I don't use hair spray or gel, but I do use heat protectant, I switched that too. All of this was a big mistake because everything I was trying was laying more and more silicones on my hair and blocking the moisture out.

In a fit of desperation I went to Sally's Beauty Supply. The lady there was actually a retired beautician and she told me I needed to clarify and chelate. Clarifying takes away products, chelation takes out minerals. The EDTA in this is the chelation part. I washed and let it sit on my hair for 5 minutes, then rinsed.

My lord, I could not believe the difference even before putting on a conditioning treatment. The hair actually was clean, but not that stripped down "squeak". My hair absorbed the conditioner lickety split and I found that my hair was much easier to manage. I got rid of all those glossing drops/gels/oil sheen sprays (they contain mineral oil which is another devil for my hair!)

I have been using this product the week before my relaxer and things have never been better. Clarifying and chelation ladies, they are the key to better moisture and protein absorption and healthier hair. I guarantee it.

on 8/3/2011 3:41:00 PM

If you read my WEN review, you know that I've been on a quest to replace it, and that quest has really paid off.

The first thing I needed to do was to really purify clarify my hair. I tried using other shampoos from Sally's (am now a fan and a member:), and although my hair REALLY felt clean for the first time in a long time, I didn't really feel that all the junk was out.

Asked a lady at Sally's and bought a huge bottle of this shampoo. Wet, shampoo, leave on a little while, and rinse. Voila...My hair is so much clearer, and it doesn't dry it out. I now use this at least once a week and my hair feels wonderful.

on 5/10/2011 11:10:00 AM

Way to go Ion! Stepped into my new Sallys and WOW , so many new Ion products my head was spinning.

First two new ones to try were this shampoo and the Hard water conditioner.

Love this shampoo, citrus smell is great and it worked to tone down those awful brassy notes in my hair. I am sold.I am on town water with no softener so I know there are minerals in the water ( and on my hair)

When you get a visible difference in your hair, its a winner.

on 11/25/2010 3:56:00 PM

My hair was really gross. No matter how many times I washed it, it was soo greasy and disgusting. I don't use any products on my hair except shampoo and conditioner... and I guess the shampoos I was using to moisturize was killing my thin hair.

I went to Sally's and my handy-dandy helper suggested this shampoo.

I used it today and left it in for 3 minutes. Rinsed, and used a very lightweight conditioner afterwards.

My hair is finally CLEAN! And it is not dried out. It was around 6 dollars including tax and I think I'm going to use it every three washes, so it'll last a while.

I will purchase again!