October 25, 2014 | 1775 users online

Fragrances - Alexander McQueen - My Queen EDP

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by wizzie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was a special purchase for me as I love the scent of violets and this has them in abundance. Violets can be quite sweet and childlike if you go for a basic fragrance such as Devon Violets or similar. However, this one has pepper, vanilla, musk? -- anyhow a complex fragrance and well worth the low price of 22 that I paid.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I would definetly recommend this fragrance to anybody as it very pleasant but personnaly for me it is a bit forgettable.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by iodine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

RIS and am grateful that I didn't pay for it just to get the bottle. Bottle is amazing but juice leaves a great deal to be desired. Eh, just like all the sweet, non-inspiring scents so many of the celebrity names put out. At least it wasn't fruity and I didn't get all that vanilla on dry down..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought this at TK Maxx for 12 unsniffed. Based on the reviews here I was expecting something spicey and floral. I was surprised, and dissapointed that this is a perfect duplication of "Dolce Vita" by Dior! This smells like everything else did in the '90's. Heavy on the vanilla. I don't smell spice, nor do I smell violets. The bottle is pretty, the juice inside is lame. I love A. McQueen's clothing. Creative, sexy, pretty. This perfume is pretty lame-o, and I'm glad I didn't spend more on it!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lovely tactile purple bottle which unfortunately doesn't stand up on my dressing table. The juice is a fight to the death between cedar and violets and despite the addition of heliotrope, it is obvious from the start that the cedar will win - it is just so damned overpowering! Love the powdery violets which are as sweet as Parma violet sweeties and the helitrope accompaniment. But, the cedar just kills everything. In fact I am suprised the violets last as long as they do. Staying power is OK, I have the edt, but could have done with no cedar. I will not purchase again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Kcairns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Another scent I took a gamble on and bought unsniffed. My Queen is a nice enough scent, although a little cloying for me in warm environments or if I have a headache and so on. It smells pretty nice though, quite sweet and very violet-y. I was a bit disappointed at the flatness of this scent - it really is just sweet violets to me. I had hoped to get more of the almond and heliotrope that are listed as central notes in this but I do not detect them at all. Other than the sweet violets the only note I perceive in this is the odd waft of cedar, which despite being an odd addition to a scent of this type, fails to bring enough interest for me. My main issue with this scent, however, is that it is so similar to Sonia Rykiel for Women, which I already own and far prefer. Both scents were designed by Anne Flipo and you have to wonder that she has seemingly used this formula for at least 3 of her creations (Barbara Bui being the other). The main problem for me with My Queen is that I see it as a second rate version of SR women, lacking SR's lovely soft leather note. Anyone considering buying this should definitely give SR a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The fresh sweet Springtime violet bursts forth in the opening of My Queen. The top notes create a lovely sweet,and feminine strong sillage that lingers for a long while. Creating an unusually strong sillage of violet and heliotrope, that actually gives me plently of time to enjoy the violets! Unsual to find in a violet scent that lasts this long! Just when you stop smelling the violet --- the regal elixir mophs into a sweet vanilla - almond wood fragrance that sits very close to the skin and reminds me very much of AdP Mandorlo di Sicilia. There's a touch of patchouli and cedar... which keeps it fresh and not too sweet. It's a morning bright flroal that automatically by early evening becomes a warm, sexy skin scent. So lovely! And for a rather inexpensive scent it's a double delight on a spring day.. Violets than yield to a creamy almond vanilla musky drydown. Lovely and unusual. FBW for sure and what a lovely purple flacon it is!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Aeternitas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Alexander McQueen is my favorite designer when it comes to fashion, so I was thrilled to discover his fragrances. I loved his style, his contrast... rebellious, sensual, romantic, dark, and feminine. When I bought My Queen, it seemed to portray all of that into the scent. Not only could you see his style in the fragrance but in the packaging as well. I find that the beautiful deep purple color of the bottle represents it as a regal, velvety, and warm perfume. The vanilla in this is very prominent and lingers on the skin for hours and on clothes for days. It will smother you in an aura of royalty and mystery! Mmm. I consider it to be deep and rich. It's one of my top five fragrance, and I have yet to try Kingdom.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2008 6:46:00 PM More reviews by theseagrows

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i was attracted to this because of the regal bottle, and also because i love mcqueen as a designer and am curious about his fragrances. this scent is interesting, it's warm and powdery in a way but has a bit of a crispness which cools it a bit. i never realized it was violet, but after reading reviews i know recognize the violet note, and i love violet, so that explains it. it reminds me a bit of lolita lempicka on my skin, strangely enough.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 5:24:00 PM More reviews by amykelley

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If the My Queen sample I tried hadn't been in a purple Alexander McQueen atomizer, I would have been sure that I was wearing Barbara Bui. No notes really stand out - it's just a well-blended and warm sweet/musky/woody/floral skin scent. I think I actually like this a little more than Barbara Bui because the wood is less sharp.