December 19, 2014 | 1505 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Repairwear foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 5:25:00 AM More reviews by suzy61

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

perfect foundation good cover feels invisable (recommened)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I know I'm a little young to be using this kind of foundation, but I tried it after I ran out of my Colorstay and my mother had this in the cupboard. I used it first as foundation and found that, having oily skin, it was too thick and creamy and looked very cakey. However, used as concealer for all of my zits and combined with some mineral powder foundation and my skin was flawless and somehow oil free! I've been using it since ( not much, only a little dab is needed) and love it! The pump is great too, really hygienic. A little pricey but foundation is worth it if it's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 5:20:00 AM More reviews by azcohn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Been using this for about two years - great product. I use with Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector (another really good product) and they're a terrific combo. My shade is Beige and it's just right. One pump and you have enough to dot and blend over your whole face, so one package goes a long way. My skin is both oily and dry and I'd say that this foundation (also because of it's "anti-aging" claim) is the best for my middle-age skin. I'll keep using as long as it doesn't get discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Blplunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing EL's Double wear for the last 2-3yrs, but lately it seemed to be really drying my skin out. Perhaps my skin is just becoming drier as I move up in the age brackets, but this sent me on a quest to find a foundation that covered as well without drying me out. After reading reviews on the Repairwear I picked up a sample and was pleased enough to buy a bottle. Yesterday was my first day wearing it and my husband actually noticed!! I was floored! He always compliments me when we're dressed up to go out, but it's the first time in a LONG time he complimented my everyday work makeup! He liked that my face wasn't as matte looking as it was with the double wear. I like the coverage & consistency of the formula, still playing with the best application method. Yesterday was just fingers, today tried my beauty blender with it, but goes on too thick that way. Tomorrow may try a brush, but right now fingers is looking like the way to go! Also doesn't settle into my fine lines the way my DW did. I hear they're going to be "improving" the formula soon. Let's just hope they don't muck it up! Right now it's a keeper!

*edit* Well apparently they mucked it up! I am so bummed! On a quest to find yet another foundation my skin can tolerate... The new 'improved" formula from what I read on their website is horrible. Not even gonna bother trying it. Was great while it lasted...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by glamourgirl93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

What I love: the glow it gives me. the perfect skin look, makes my complexion brighter, stays for hours and hours, does NOT give me any acne at all, the fact that its actually good for your skin, a little goes a long way so even though its expensive it lasts a long time (almost a year if used everyday)
What I don't like: its a little hard to blend, gets oily after 5 hours, from close up its kind of cakey, most of their colors are either neutral or cool not many warm tones
Overall I love this foundation and I have received compliments on my skin and have gotten no pimples caused by this. I can wear it all day and it looks fresh as if I just put it on. Great Coverage :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by almost40

I got this in a swap after lemming it for ages but not wanting to pay out for the amount it costs.
I love it! I have it in the lightest shade and its a very good match,it goes on smoothly and blends well.It can look a tad heavy if I apply too much so I apply in a couple of very thin layers which stops it looking cakey.
I like how my skin looks with this on,it looks clear and healthy and covers my redness well.It doesnt sink into my fine lines and doesnt slide off after an hour or two.Would buy if I ever finish this bottle :o)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an extremely heavy foundation. Don't go near this stuff unless you like a lot of opaque coverage. The bottle has a small pump which dispenses a small amount when pushed. I find that one pumpful is too much. With this makeup, a little goes a very long way. It goes on quite thick and really needs to be blended well. Proper color matching to the skin is crucial, or you will end up with a mask like effect. The makeup isn't very matte. Rather, it leaves a dewy finish. I don't think it's suitable for oilier complexions. I mix this with a bit of primer in my palm before putting it on my face, which helps to dilute it and make it a bit more sheer, and also helps it to spread a bit easier. If you have a drier skin, you could probably mix this with a bit of moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Makeupjunkieeeee

I've been using foundations that last on my skin all day such as EL Double wear and clarins everlasting foundation not realising that they don't suit dry skin which is what I have. I wanted a foundation that lasted and didn't dry my skin out in the day which is exactly what this foundation does. I really do love it! You don't have to use much which is good as it's not the cheapest foundation and my colour is perfect. My skin looks dewy and radiant all day. I don't even wear a primer with this it just does not need it. The only thing I don't like is that if you touch your face you get foundation all over your fingers and everything else your face touches so be careful when giving a hug! Apart from that I love it. Deffinately will continue to use this until something else cathes my eye!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- pretty full coverage, I find that I don't really need to use concealer
- goes on smoothly, easy to blend
- soft matte finish, but doesn't look unnatural
- physical sunscreen(titanium dioxide, zinc oxide) good for sensitive skin
- pump bottle
- fragrance free
- oil free
- antioxidants
- creamy texture
- stays on even on some of oily areas just as well as Estee Lauder's Double Wear
Cons:
- $40 cdn, but I guess it's worth it
- smells a little bit off like paint, but it might just be mine because it expires soon

I love this foundation, the coverage is similar to Estee Lauder's Double Wear Foundation, but DW is a little bit more liquid-like and runny. Clinque's is a little bit more a cream, mousse liquid foundation. As far as staying power goes it stays on for me. Usually around my nose I get a little bit oily, but this stays on throughout the day. Also, a little bit goes a long way, I usually only need 1-2 small pumps to cover the redness on my skin. I haven't had any problems with skin irritation or breakouts. I love that this foundation has skin beneficial ingredients and physical sunscreen. To me it's the most ideal foundation I've yet to find. It looks really natural as long as you don't cake it on. Love this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by annaeJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great coverage for me since I have acne scars, but they don't cater to warm tones. The neutral isn't close enough. Easy to apply. So sad, otherwise I would use it!