Laura Mercier luxury soap - spiced honey

on 12/26/2002 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This smells out of this world: a warm blend of sweet, creamy honey and spice. It also smells just a bit to me like warm brandy might smell, though just barely, and a bit like chai as well, which is very nice since the scent lingers so well. The soap itself lathers richly and lends an amazing, heady scent to both the skin and the bathroom, so much so that both are left fragranced by this delicious yet ridiculously expensive bar of soap. It's one of those items I would probably splurge on just to try at least once in my life, although I like it so much I doubt this will be the last time I use it!

on 5/24/2002 5:35:00 PM

This soap lathers like crazy and smells incredibly good, but I prefer the Fresh Honey soaps. In the shower the scent is strong, but it doesn't linger on my skin at all. Wouldn't buy again.

on 5/3/2002 10:10:00 AM

PROS: lathers well, creamy, smells heavenly, not too sweet-smelling, lasts a long time; CONS: expensive at $18 a bar; COMMENTS: my favorite soap, this actually made me switch from shower gels to bar soap, like this scent much better than the Au Lait and the Creme Brulee

on 1/1/2002 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I wanted to hate this soap since the price is outrageous. ($18 for a soap ... I'm hanging my head in shame.) But other than the crazy price tag, this deserves 5 stars -- creamy lather, leaves skin soft, AMAZING scent of honey and warm spices, huge bar that will last a long time. My whole bathroom smells good. Also I have sensitive skin and this has not irritated me at all. Sigh. I'm hooked.