Dove sensitive essentials non-foaming cleansing lotion

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/20/2013 3:00:00 PM

This is a very nice creamy lotion cleanser. It doesn't foam up. But I feel that a little bit gets my normal/combination skin nice and clean. I did find that you really only need a little bit. if I used too much, I felt like it left a film on my skin. but other than that, this is a great cleanser that leaves my skin clean, moisturized and not broken out.

on 7/3/2011 11:40:00 PM

I am in love with this cleanser and I'm heart broken that Dove has discontinued it.. and all of their face products!!! I've run out so I went to the drug store yesterday and they said they don't make it anymore! I wish I had known, I would have stocked up! Now I am in search of a new simple cleanser that doesn't foam and doesn't irritate my sensitive, dry skin..

on 6/2/2010 9:25:00 PM

I don't love this product. It's a little too heavy on my skin. I might try this again later on, as I just rediscovered it in my bathroom.
I have extremely sensitive skin that gets irritated easily, but I also have a lot of acne that needs to be treated... this doesnt do that...

EDIT: I used this again, and I realize that I do in fact like it alot, I don't love it.
It obviously isn't meant as an acne treatment, so that would be the only reason why I don't like it. I've switched to mostly creamy cleansers (Noxzema), and this is just like that just w/o scent.
I don't even need moisturizer afterwards!:)
Bumped it up to 4 lippies!

on 3/15/2009 5:34:00 PM

didnt irritate my very sensitive skin, but didnt clean my face at all. it made it feel heavy. it didnt dry out my skin! which was nice, because almost everything does. overall.. not bad, but not great either.

on 6/4/2008 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

When I apply a small dab to my face, it feels quite thick. I prefer foaming cleansers instead. It does moisturize well though.

on 2/8/2008 11:53:00 PM

for sensitive skin is a joke, i used this twice, it made my skin burn so bad I could not use it

on 2/5/2008 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have crazy, hypersensitive skin that breaks out in a rash with almost every cleanser I've tried (even gentle cleansers such as Neutrogena Extra Gentle and Aveeno Ultra Calming) -- with the sole exception of SpectroJel for sensitive, problem prone skin. The problem is that SpectroJel doesn't take off my water-resistant sunscreen (Shiseido SPF 33 for babies) and so I was on the hunt for a cleanser that would take it off without irritating my face. The ingredient list on this cleanser looked very promising, so I gave it a go. It is creamy and non-foaming, and removed my sunscreen well. Unfortunately, something in this cleanser stings the heck out of my cheeks -- if your skin is less sensitive than mine, you might want to give this a whirl.

Ingredients:

water, petrolatum, stearic acid, mineral oil, glycol stearate, PEG-8 dilaurate, magensium aluminum silicate, disodium EDTA, stearamide AMP, dimethicone, carbomer, triethanolamine, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, ethylene brassylate, titanium dioxide(CL 77891).

on 8/24/2006 12:52:00 AM

Love this cleanser! Been using it on and off for years b/c I'm a product junkie but keep coming back to this. My skin is very sensitive prone to dryness (flakes) and pimples!!! The worst! I have never seen that natural glow in my skin until using this. I heard that this has been DISCONTINUED..anyone know anything about that? I need to buy more!

on 7/15/2006 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a very creamy cleanser which does remove all makeup and leaves skin soft and very moizturized. however it broke me out, not surprisingly since i have oilyish skin and shouldn't have been using it in the first place. for people with dry skin who dont break out this will probably be good.

on 10/23/2005 10:48:00 AM

I too flush vey easily and have even noticed lately that alot of lotions/creams that I've used for awhile are suddenly irritating my skin. This cleanser is very mild and my face feels great. It removes my makeup pretty well (except for mascara). For the price I think it's worth anyone to give it a try.