October 2, 2014 | 1306 users online

Bronzers - Tarte - Park Avenue Princess

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by dinocoredani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually got this bronzer with the holiday set last year 2013. It is the only color in the blush palette that is almost empty. It is perfect for contouring and overall bronzing never looking orange or unatural. I was reccomended this by sarahvictor on youtube and though shes wayy lighter than I am I decided to give it a try given it was already in my palette! Long lasting and matte this produt did not make me break out. I have acne oily prone skin and have used previous tarte products before that did but this was not one of them! Highly reccomend will be purchasing the full size.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by jccmz

I have been using this a lot this summer, reaching for this way more than my favorite, the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil, which is matte. This tarte is the non matte version, but I don't see any kind of shimmer or glow. It just looks natural and i use bronzer to contour! I mean, am I going to have to admit that the Chocolate Soleil sometimes looks muddy on me? This never does. It just looks natural and flattering. I have very fair, very yellow-based Asian skin that is extremely oily in summer, like, I have a permanent "glow," even after setting powder. I use a powder brush that is pinched at the ferrule so one side gives a more concentrated application, and then can be used turned 90 degrees to be wider (hope this makes sense). So I usually use a concentrated application to all the outside edges of my face and under the hollows of my cheeks, thsn I turn the brush to blend using the wider, more diffusing side. I use the wider side of the brush to put this product down my neck, cocncentrating on the front of the throat area.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Jenhaas504

I picked this bronzer up at Ulta when they had it on a daily special, so I only paid $14 for it, and I know its normally closer to $30. I just really am not that impressed. I am that girl that has wayyyyyy to many bronzers, its one of those items I love to buy and try them all out, this really has to be one of my least favorite ones. The coloring is ok, not to orange yet just not right on my skintone though. I really compare the coloring to NYC Sunny, so save yourself a few dollars and just get the NYC Sunny! Plus NYC is a little more matte than Park Avenue Princess. My biggest peeve is that it doesn't glide on nicely, I can do a perfect sweep and more product ends up in one place then the other, and sometimes it skips spots, that's prob the thing that turned me off the most about this stuff. I will keep to my HG, Too Faced Chocolate Soleil!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by slfalk

This is one of my two HG bronzers, and it the one I use more often - it's sheer but builds, and definately has a good bronze to it without too much shimmer, altho there is some shimmer there. Looks extremely natural and is amazing in the summer when you might already be somewhat tan. I'm usually very pale with a lot of pink in my skin but this looks natural and blends flawlessly. Highly recommended. This is one product of a very few that I actually keep a backup of at all times - I really love it and am paranoid that they will discontinue it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by ChristyCheryl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

So I LOVED this bronzer, it was the first one I ever used, but it broke me out in the worst type of acne ever.. I think the color is the best! I wish I could find something similar, no matches yet. I liked this for contouring even though it has some shimmer even. BUT it broke me out in the weirdest painful under skin acne where I put it. :((

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by bevinc123

I really do like this bronzer. It is the perfect brown bronzy shade, which is hard to find because a lot of other bronzers have an orangey undertone to it. The only negative about this, and I am very sad about this!, is that I think it's causing me to form like, white bumps on my cheek. IT could be just a coincedence but ever since I got it, I noticed my cheeks are breaking out with these white head like bumps. Major bummer. I'm not ready to give it up yet though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 7:26:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

It is the best bronzer I have tried to date. When I ran out of my Nars Laguna I asked a Sephora SA what she would recommend me try. I told her I liked Laguna's color but disliked how crumbly the product gets when I hit pan (it broke apart very easily), she recommended Tarte's Park Avenue Princess MATTE VERSION. She warned me that Tarte had just introduced the same shade name, Park Avenue Princess, but in a shimmer version and that she wasn't sure if the matte version would be available after. Now that I am hooked on my PAP (lol) and am almost out, I'm a little scared to enquire about it at Sephora in case they did discontinue the matte version.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Lforde46

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG bronzer. I use this last in both my daily and special occasion ritual during the summer and just on SO's during the winter. I use it like a highlighter, dusting it on all the spots that tan first, my forehead, cheekbones, across my nose, chin, sometimes even on my collar bone.

IT DOES NOT WORK AS A CONTOUR! It's too golden and shimmery for contour, you will look bizarre.

While I wouldn't go so far as to call it a dupe, the e.l.f. Healthy Glow Bronzer in Warm Tan gives me similar results for MUCH less, $1 vs. $29 for Tarte's bronzer. This summer I will likely switch to the e.l.f. product for daily use and use the Tarte for SO's. I'm not sure yet about e.l.f.'s staying power, but for $1 I can afford to reapply several times a day if I need to. I know that Tarte's bronzer will last through and entire event without reapplying.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is for all the pale ladies out there. I am very well aware that bronzers are not for me. I'm whiter than a piece of paper and *everything* (with the exception of NYX Taupe for contour) turns orange on me. This looks like I smeared copper brown eyeshadow on my face. Not for my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I love this bronzer. It reminds me of Too Faced Milk Chocolate. I think its more warm toned than Milk Chocolate but it still looks good on me. I am cool toned and very light. This is just a perfect amount of darkness without looking like I have bronzer on.

My HG bronzer is still Chocolate Solei and Milk Chocolate for winter by Too Faced. This is an awesome number 2 though. I would buy this if it was a bit cooler toned. Overall, a great bronzer for lighter skin and lasts all day.