October 20, 2014 | 1988 users online

Skincare - Body - Dr. Bronner's - Lavender Liquid Soap

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by celina5847

Will be exchanging the scent ASAP! Smells like the Mexican pine sol sold in the dark green bottle! I guess I could keep it to clean my house but I wanted it to shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by AndaJean

Love this as a facial cleanser at night. The scent is soothing, and it leaves my face feeling clean, but moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by GreedyWitch

I've used every variety of the Dr. Bronner's liquid soap range, and have to say this one is the beeeeest! At least for me. I've acne-prone body skin and the lavender comes to the rescue two-fold: it's soothing and mind-calming, which cuts down on the anxiety over the occasional spot, but the real benefit is in the inflammation-reducing and antibacterial properties of the lavender. It does a number on the breakouts, reducing the size and degree of them, and without over drying like some of the other varieties can, namely the tea tree.
I also use it to clean my flat, so it's the bomb diggity.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by lxpeace

After using both the Peppermint and Lavender scents, I've come to the conclusion that the Lavender scent is much more gentle on my combination/acne-prone skin on my face, than the Peppermint scent. But both are great for an everyday body wash.

Another way one can use this soap for effective results is for the reduction of razor bumps on the legs, as I have severe sensitivity to shaving, I love this stuff.
1) Either, pre-scrub the legs with a loofa and the soap, or lather and rinse off soap from legs
2) Apply your favorite shaving cream, gel, oil, etc.
3) Shave legs
4) Either scrub legs with a loofa and the soap, or lather and rinse off soap from legs.

It's improved my skin and left my legs feeling silky soft. Moisturize as this does make your skin a tad bit dry.

Hopefully most of you love this line of soaps. They're wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by highanddry

I have a mixed history using dr. bronners soaps, but liquid lavender is my winner.

When I first went off of my previous chemical-filled cleanser (Neutrogena deep clean), I picked up dr. b on a recommendation from a friend who uses the stuff for everything. So, I followed lisa bronner's guideline for using this soap as a face wash, which means 2-3 drops of the pure stuff directly into my palms, lathered, then applied to my face. For the first 2-3 washes it seemed ok, and didn't sting my face. But when it came to the 4th wash, it really turned my skin bright red and bumpy. Stunned, I quickly started searching for alternatives. My next choice was the dr. b hard soap, this time in tea tree scent. This only aggravated my skin situation, so I quickly dropped the tea tree and went for the baby mild hard soap. Still, the same problem persisted as my face continued to turn bright red and sting, only soothed by the pure coconut oil I was using as a moisturizer.

Then I jumped around to a few brands, mostly avoiding products marketed as facial cleansers, as it is hard to find one that is truly unscented/fragrance-free. I tried Trader Joe's green tea soap, Nubian Heritage African Black Soap, and a few others. My mistake was thinking the natural fragrances would be any kinder to my skin than the unnatural ones. I continued to have redness and stinging each time I washed my face.

Then, I finally tried to go back to dr. b lavender, hoping that my original experience would return. But this time I diluted the liquid soap about 1:3 or 1:4 (wasn't very precise). Success! So far (about 1 week) my face has been very happy with me. Minimal redness and no stinging. My skin seems to be clearing up and no new breakouts have showed up.

SO: natural face wash A+ as long as it's diluted, otherwise I think the high alkalinity of the concentrated soap really bothers your skin.

Now I moisturize with either dr. b lavender coconut lotion, pure coconut oil, or pure argan oil depending on the time of day, because my skin does feel a little dry after washing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by lydiaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i am absolutely in love with this product. having an all natural ingredient product is a big thing for me...not only that but it works.
i have oily skin and i use it every evening to wash my face and i have perfectly clear skin thanks to mr b!!
i also use it to remove stains from clothes and sheets, wash dishes, wash anything that's greasy and to wash my body.
i dye my hair a peach colour, and i use a bright pink to do this - it sometimes comes out too bright and dr bronners carefully strips the colour and leaves my hair the exact colour i want it!
if you get any stubborn stains ever, on surfaces or materials it will honestly help!
my friend has the most sensitive skin and even he can use this! i would recommend that if you have sensitive skin to dilute it - this will make it right for you.
this soap really is magic! also, the other smells are fab...almond smells of marzipan, the peppermint is soothing and really wakes you up (don't use it on your face), citrus is so fresh and the rose one is delicate.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by EstherLoca

I can see this a real hit or miss product for some people, but when it's a hit it's great! I have dishydrotic eczema on my right hand, meaning my skin is extremely sensitive to chemicals and unnatural products found in most cleaning products for the home or body. My skin will get itchy if most products are on my skin for more than a few minutes & will dry out to the point of cracking and bleeding if not moisturised... I know, lovely! But I've had no problems at all with this liquid soap!

Smell: the lavender smell is initially strong but not overpowering and doesn't linger on the skin. The bathroom smells lovely after a shower though.

Bodywash: It's good as a bodywash, it foams well although I think it needs more than the recommended few drops for the whole body. My skin felt clean although if you have really dry skin expect a little tightness afterwards. Nothing that can't be solved with a little moisturiser!

Facewash: If you wanna take the risk then go for it - if this gets in your eye you will regret it for the rest of your life. LOL. It's the worst stinging ever!! But then again if you're foolish enough to use this with your Clarisonic like I did you might deserve it. Lots of people rave about the benefits of clearing the skin using the Dr Bronner's brand which I don't doubt, but you're probably better off with the unscented baby mild.

Household cleaner: It leaves a nice smell on the worktops that doesn't linger or stay long enough! It's nice to know you're using a completely clean, biodegradable product. I'm not sure as to its antibacterial abilities i.e. to use to clean the toilet.

In the washing machine: Again, I wouldn't risk it as I think it might leave grease stains on your clothes if not used properly.

I recommend that if you're looking for a multi-purpose, ethically responsible natural product this is the one. Since a little goes a long way it is worth the money, just do your research on dilution requirements given by Lisa Bronner on the official website.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I intended to buy this as a kitchen and floor cleaner since I have 2 cats. But in the process I found it does not dry my hands out like most so called moisturising liquid hand soap did; so I filled up the empty pump bottles with this product. I may even use it as hair/body shampoo but not for face though. And it does a good job in cutting the kitchen counter dirt/grease.
Definitely will re-purchase, but will try other scent instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by snaket0ngue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is the best all in one soap! Shampoo, face wash, body wash, brush shampoo, EVERYTHING! My facial skin is oily and acne prone, and this soap manages to not break me out! It's soft and gentle and the PERFECT soap to take to the gym or on vacation. I don't recommend it in place of your regular cleanser, but for the body it's amazing. It leaves your skin feeling nice and clean, even if you don't scrub or exfoliate. All in all, it's a worthy investment. It is quite pricy for a soap, but a little goes a long way, and it lasts for ages! Also, the smell is soothing and relaxing. Lavender is my favorite, but peppermint comes in at a close second!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THE best for cleaning makeup brushes. Cleans them effortlessly in about half the time as other soaps. Rinse well, lay out to try, & it leaves them smelling wonderful.