July 31, 2014 | 1892 users online

Skincare - Body - Dr. Bronner's - Lavender Liquid Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by lydiaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i am absolutely in love with this product. having an all natural ingredient product is a big thing for me...not only that but it works.
i have oily skin and i use it every evening to wash my face and i have perfectly clear skin thanks to mr b!!
i also use it to remove stains from clothes and sheets, wash dishes, wash anything that's greasy and to wash my body.
i dye my hair a peach colour, and i use a bright pink to do this - it sometimes comes out too bright and dr bronners carefully strips the colour and leaves my hair the exact colour i want it!
if you get any stubborn stains ever, on surfaces or materials it will honestly help!
my friend has the most sensitive skin and even he can use this! i would recommend that if you have sensitive skin to dilute it - this will make it right for you.
this soap really is magic! also, the other smells are fab...almond smells of marzipan, the peppermint is soothing and really wakes you up (don't use it on your face), citrus is so fresh and the rose one is delicate.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by EstherLoca

I can see this a real hit or miss product for some people, but when it's a hit it's great! I have dishydrotic eczema on my right hand, meaning my skin is extremely sensitive to chemicals and unnatural products found in most cleaning products for the home or body. My skin will get itchy if most products are on my skin for more than a few minutes & will dry out to the point of cracking and bleeding if not moisturised... I know, lovely! But I've had no problems at all with this liquid soap!

Smell: the lavender smell is initially strong but not overpowering and doesn't linger on the skin. The bathroom smells lovely after a shower though.

Bodywash: It's good as a bodywash, it foams well although I think it needs more than the recommended few drops for the whole body. My skin felt clean although if you have really dry skin expect a little tightness afterwards. Nothing that can't be solved with a little moisturiser!

Facewash: If you wanna take the risk then go for it - if this gets in your eye you will regret it for the rest of your life. LOL. It's the worst stinging ever!! But then again if you're foolish enough to use this with your Clarisonic like I did you might deserve it. Lots of people rave about the benefits of clearing the skin using the Dr Bronner's brand which I don't doubt, but you're probably better off with the unscented baby mild.

Household cleaner: It leaves a nice smell on the worktops that doesn't linger or stay long enough! It's nice to know you're using a completely clean, biodegradable product. I'm not sure as to its antibacterial abilities i.e. to use to clean the toilet.

In the washing machine: Again, I wouldn't risk it as I think it might leave grease stains on your clothes if not used properly.

I recommend that if you're looking for a multi-purpose, ethically responsible natural product this is the one. Since a little goes a long way it is worth the money, just do your research on dilution requirements given by Lisa Bronner on the official website.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I intended to buy this as a kitchen and floor cleaner since I have 2 cats. But in the process I found it does not dry my hands out like most so called moisturising liquid hand soap did; so I filled up the empty pump bottles with this product. I may even use it as hair/body shampoo but not for face though. And it does a good job in cutting the kitchen counter dirt/grease.
Definitely will re-purchase, but will try other scent instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by snaket0ngue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is the best all in one soap! Shampoo, face wash, body wash, brush shampoo, EVERYTHING! My facial skin is oily and acne prone, and this soap manages to not break me out! It's soft and gentle and the PERFECT soap to take to the gym or on vacation. I don't recommend it in place of your regular cleanser, but for the body it's amazing. It leaves your skin feeling nice and clean, even if you don't scrub or exfoliate. All in all, it's a worthy investment. It is quite pricy for a soap, but a little goes a long way, and it lasts for ages! Also, the smell is soothing and relaxing. Lavender is my favorite, but peppermint comes in at a close second!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THE best for cleaning makeup brushes. Cleans them effortlessly in about half the time as other soaps. Rinse well, lay out to try, & it leaves them smelling wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by MissOrthodox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, a great natural cleaning product.

For Face: It worked well in removing all make-up and mascara first time with a good scrub.

For Body: Excellent for refreshing the body and dissolving any grease. Great soothing scent.

For Cleaning: Love using to this to wash dishes, its very effective, and glasses are left shining nicely! Prefect for cleaning the bathroom, and the smell left behind is much nicer than those chemical cleaners. This is also amazing for laundry!

Overall, I prefer using this as a household cleaner, it's gentle yet highly effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by nofear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

when u first get it the smell is really strong- chemical like, industrial. i almost regretted buying it. however after a few uses u get used to the smell and it doesnt bother me anymore. it can be drying to skin so i dilute it with water. great for makeup brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by mdb1890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this product. My hair is naturally straight but is slightly wavey and years of using shampoo and conditioner really flattened it out. I'm not sure why but this soap brought back the waves in my hair. I wouldn't consider it beachy waves but there's definitely some shape to it. Aside from using it as a shampoo, I use it as a body wash, handsoap, laundry detergent, and occasionally a face wash. I have acne prone skin and so far, this hasn't broken me out. Overall a great product worth repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really want to love this because it's one of a few really natural cleansers you can buy, but it really doesn't work for my dry skin. I used it as a natural shower gel and it made my skin itchy after every single use. I also got a rash from dryness on my waist and it disappeared as soon as I stopped using it. I bought a 500ml bottle and I could only use it as hand soap to finish the whole bottle. It is really good as a hand soap but it's too expansive if that's the only job it can do for me, so I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Carabunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has cured my acne and made my skin so clean and soft! I use this for everything from body wash to tooth past from time to time and laundry soap. 18 in one for $7, heck yes! The best part for me is the way it smells. :)