April 20, 2014 | 1591 users online

Skincare - Body - Dr. Bronner's - Lavender Liquid Soap

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I intended to buy this as a kitchen and floor cleaner since I have 2 cats. But in the process I found it does not dry my hands out like most so called moisturising liquid hand soap did; so I filled up the empty pump bottles with this product. I may even use it as hair/body shampoo but not for face though. And it does a good job in cutting the kitchen counter dirt/grease.
Definitely will re-purchase, but will try other scent instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by snaket0ngue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is the best all in one soap! Shampoo, face wash, body wash, brush shampoo, EVERYTHING! My facial skin is oily and acne prone, and this soap manages to not break me out! It's soft and gentle and the PERFECT soap to take to the gym or on vacation. I don't recommend it in place of your regular cleanser, but for the body it's amazing. It leaves your skin feeling nice and clean, even if you don't scrub or exfoliate. All in all, it's a worthy investment. It is quite pricy for a soap, but a little goes a long way, and it lasts for ages! Also, the smell is soothing and relaxing. Lavender is my favorite, but peppermint comes in at a close second!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THE best for cleaning makeup brushes. Cleans them effortlessly in about half the time as other soaps. Rinse well, lay out to try, & it leaves them smelling wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by MissOrthodox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, a great natural cleaning product.

For Face: It worked well in removing all make-up and mascara first time with a good scrub.

For Body: Excellent for refreshing the body and dissolving any grease. Great soothing scent.

For Cleaning: Love using to this to wash dishes, its very effective, and glasses are left shining nicely! Prefect for cleaning the bathroom, and the smell left behind is much nicer than those chemical cleaners. This is also amazing for laundry!

Overall, I prefer using this as a household cleaner, it's gentle yet highly effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by nofear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

when u first get it the smell is really strong- chemical like, industrial. i almost regretted buying it. however after a few uses u get used to the smell and it doesnt bother me anymore. it can be drying to skin so i dilute it with water. great for makeup brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by mdb1890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this product. My hair is naturally straight but is slightly wavey and years of using shampoo and conditioner really flattened it out. I'm not sure why but this soap brought back the waves in my hair. I wouldn't consider it beachy waves but there's definitely some shape to it. Aside from using it as a shampoo, I use it as a body wash, handsoap, laundry detergent, and occasionally a face wash. I have acne prone skin and so far, this hasn't broken me out. Overall a great product worth repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really want to love this because it's one of a few really natural cleansers you can buy, but it really doesn't work for my dry skin. I used it as a natural shower gel and it made my skin itchy after every single use. I also got a rash from dryness on my waist and it disappeared as soon as I stopped using it. I bought a 500ml bottle and I could only use it as hand soap to finish the whole bottle. It is really good as a hand soap but it's too expansive if that's the only job it can do for me, so I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Carabunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has cured my acne and made my skin so clean and soft! I use this for everything from body wash to tooth past from time to time and laundry soap. 18 in one for $7, heck yes! The best part for me is the way it smells. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by gypcc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite of Dr. Bronners the scent is gorgeous and it's such a great product. Add a little sugar and you've got a great scrub that's gentle enough for your face...I use it in the shower, I use the peppermint when I've got a cold and you can use it on every surface... diluted it's a great surface cleaner (put it in an old spray bottle), can use it in the laundry, it's a great stain remover and I've started to use it on my face since my favorite cleanser has been discontinued (why does that always happen to me). Everything I've been trying has broken me out... except this. A very little goes a looooong way & if I need a lil exfoliation I add some sugar or baking soda and I've got a face scrub. The first time I used it I felt a lil dry afterwards so I added a lil vitamin e oil to a small container and that's what I use now... I have basically found my new facial cleanser... no breakouts and its ridiculously cheaper than the La Roche Posay Bio Med cleanser that I loved... sigh.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

what can't one use these castile soaps for??? I use them for:

hair, body, shaving
cleaning makeup brushes
cleaning artist's brushes
spot cleaning carpet
cleaning the bird cage
a tablesoon in a small spray bottle of water to spray houseplants to rid them of aphids, spider mites, etc
and many more!

The hot washcloth mask (instructions on bottle) is pretty awesome in the shower but I don't do it too often, as excessively hot or cold water can cause those broken blood vessels - but it's nice occasionally, and the lavender scent is very relaxing. I like the purity of this soap. The bars are nice too. The only con is that this soap is not all that luxurious to use - it has a very low lather. It doesn't strip or dry my skin, but it's not moisturizing either. It's just a good basic REAL soap with no animal fat in it...always a plus for me!

Not all that cheap, but a bottle lasts a long time.