April 20, 2014 | 1725 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Deep Steep - Deep Steep Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Sweden121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got the brown sugar vanilla scent at Marshalls for $5 and I love it! It makes my skin so soft and the moisturization and scent last forever. I also used this on a patch of eczema on my arm and it cleared up really fast! I just love all of deep steeps products. None of them have bad ingredients and they are so reasonably priced... did I mention they smell AMAZING??? I especially love the grapefruit bergmont and the lavender chammomile in addition to the brown sugar vanilla.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Ever since I found Deep Steep products online last year, I can't get enough. My first purchase was the body butter in Honeydew Spearmint. The smell is divine, so natural, light, fresh and mood-lifting. I felt like this was a nice moisturizer, but did not do the trick if you have extremely dry skin, like I do in the cold winter months. Unless you're able to reapply throughout the day, this will only give you about 3-4 hours of moisture. It was a thicker formula that took a while to blend into the skin, but once it did, it felt lovely, not greasy at all.

I've since purchased the body lotion and I prefer that formulation much more. It hydrates just as well but smoothes onto the skin much quicker and easier. I've purchased the grapefruit bergamot scent in the lotion and it is just as beautiful as the honeydew spearmint one. Have repurchased the lotion a few times now and will continue to do so.

Love the ingredients on this stuff too. Ever since switching over to natural shower/body care, I can immediately tell a difference from using this, compared to other DS moisturizers. My skin doesn't get that suffocating feeling from the mineral oil/petroleum products.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by victoriaemilyf

I bought this at Winners for $9 and for that price it is a great product! I'd never pay more for it though.

PROS:
- scent (Tangerine Melon) is light, refreshing, and a nice mix of citrus and softness.
- the product absorbs quickly (30-45 seconds) and there is no greasy residue. I just put it on and there is no problem with the product leaving my hands and gooping up the keyboard.
- the packaging is cute, simple, and easy to throw in a beach bag or keep on the tub.
- the consistency is perfect for a body cream - easy to spread but not thin at all. I prefer it to body shop butters which can be hard to move around the body OR feel like a jelly.

CONS:
- it doesn't keep my skin hydrated for very long. My dry shins and cuticles need another does within an hour or two. For the other areas of my body that only require moderate hydration it is perfect.

INGREDIENTS: aloe vera, infusion of tangerine, orange, and melon extracts, sunflower oil, glyceryl stearate, glycerin, coconut fatty acid, shea butter, vitamin E, cocoa seed butter, guar gum, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate (all ingredients are vegan and/or organic)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by lieblich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Why does this have such bad reviews?! This is THE best natural lotion ever. I use it on my hands and it makes them super soft! I have this in lavender-chamomile and it smells lovely. I also don't know why people are complaining about the price.. I've seen it online for $5.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2006 9:01:00 PM More reviews by xtinaxtina

I have this in Grapefruit Bergamot & it smells sooooo good. I got this at Earth Fare to take with me on a trip, I thought the tube would be preferable to a bottle of lotion for traveling. I'm so glad I tried this! Every day when I put it on, my husband would say, "You smell really good!" The lotion itself is good, very moisturizing. The scent didn't last too long which is what I prefer, I don't like things to interfere with my perfume. I had a sample of the minty one, too, & liked it pretty well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2005 3:48:00 PM More reviews by neicy81

Gross! I got the grapefruit bergamot one and it smells exactly like fruit loops. I don't care much for the cereal and I definitely don't want the smell of it on my body. The softening and moisturizing abilities were sub par and minimal.I can see why this was on sale, it's crap!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2005 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Lukalove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this body lotion in the Honeydew Spearmint and thought it was nice so I bought the Grapefruit Bergamot. First of all. I wonder if this is named Deep Steep because of the Deep, Steep price???? At $18.50 for 6oz that is definately a little steep!! It is a nice, thick lotion, but I wasn't crazy with the smell of the grapefruit one. I was looking for a true, citrus-y grapefruit smell and this one is very sweet. In fact, I figured it out, it smells EXACTLY like Fruit Loops!

Anyways, right now on Sephora, this whole bath and body line is on sale for half price which makes it much more reasonable so I purchased the Honeyspearmint and the lavender chamomile to see what they are like. I would not, however, ever buy at the full price again. *****UPDATE*****I bought the other two scents since they were on sale and have decided that this stuff isn't worth it even at half price. They don't smell good, maybe it is old stock like other poster said but it does smell like cooking oil, I was going to say "plastic-y" but cooking oil fits too....yuck.