January 26, 2015 | 995 users online

Lip Treatments - MAC - Prep + Prime Lip

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2015 11:09:00 PM More reviews by NumbersInAction

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

In short - I love this product. It is fantastic. I have it on my desk at work together with whatever lip product I am using that day. I have a hard time applying lip stick without it, because I just know it won't feel as good or last as long.

It gives great pay off to the lip colour you apply over the top. Just fantastic. Would be lost without it!

Pros:
- Goes on so silky smooth
- Gives longer stay to your lip sticks
- No weird scent
- Elegant slim packaging

Cons:
- Price but that's MAC for you

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2015 7:28:00 AM More reviews by evitara22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok girls, let me introduce myself. I am the founder of dry lips. I love wearing a nice colour on the lips but I sincerely hate the feeling lipstick can give your lips throughout the day: dry a falky bleeehh. I've tried any lipproduct you can think of to apply underneath lipsticks, but nothing actually worked for me.
Then, lately, I was snooping around in a candy shop called the Mac Store and I was discussing my problem with a mua. She assured me this prep and prime thing would solve all of my problems, and so, I indulged. Trust me, you can not imagine how thankful I am to her!

Pro's: - Hydrates the lips, all day every day
- Makes the lips look photoshopped fabulous
- Makes it so much easier to apply lipstick or lip pencil, or whatever make up exists for the lips
- Makes the colour stay for a looong time

Con's
- None
- Ok it is a bit pricey

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by verseau213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had this odd problem of not being able to get my lipsticks to cover my lips in the center of my mouth where my lips meet. I couldn't fix the problem with new application techniques, blotting, etc. I bought this stuff, and my lipstick now covers my entire mouth and lasts several hours longer than it did before. It also makes mattes much more friendly to apply. I will continue to repurchase, I just hope MAC doesn't decide to up the price of this product too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by kiyoshi001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's good even better with MAC lipsticks. The only issue is the price it goes for more than $20 in Nigeria. It makes the colour really pop regardless of your lip colour. It lasts longer and even after wiping my lips with a tissue I could still clearly see the lipstick colour for hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 8:26:00 AM More reviews by nainz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

YES YES I would definitely buy this product again and again. I don't know how my lipsticks would go on my dry lips if I didn't have this. Vaseline or regular lip balms just doesn't do the job.
Highly recommended to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by MichPaon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was a little nervous trying this product because MAC lipstick usually dries out my lips, but this product didnít dry them out at all instead it moisturized my lips! It also kept my lipstick from running or getting on my teeth! It did help my lipstick stay on for a bit longer but nothing extraordinary. It also kept my lipstick looking even on my lips because sometimes only certain parts of my lips will begin to fade and then it looks really bad! If you have dry lips I would defiantly suggest this product for you, if you are looking for something that stays all day and donít have dry lips, I would try a lip stain.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Dias14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It has changed my life...
I have lots of Mac's matte and retro matte and they all looked terrible in my mouth. Gorgeous shades, of course, but they didn't look good, super dry and with "lipstick crumbs.. After the prep+prime, they look perfect... I didn't get the same result with other lip balms... This primer is different, it seems like it was made to wear with matte lipsticks...
As I am a creamy lipstick type of girl, now I can wear the matte colors, whithout the feeling that my lips are dry, about to crack!
I'm super happy with it... It's expensive but worth it...because now I can use lots of lipsticks that I love but looked bad on me... Now they all look gorg!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by beautysign

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

£12.50 in the UK for this so it's not unreasonably expensive and it works wonders for anybody with dry lips. It works great under mac lipsticks (obviously) but also well under OCC lip tars, and other lipsticks. It stops lipstick from feathering and makes your lips look smooth. Some people say lip primer is just a glorified lip balm , but that is not the case with this.

Because i've got dry lips I exfoliate them first with a lip scrub, then apply lip balm , then blot that off, apply mac prep +prime and whatever lipstick and my lips don't go dry or start flaking.

Does it keep your lipstick on longer ? It gives the lipstick something to grip onto but it won't stop it from transferring . However the finish it gives to your lips is exceptional .

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Yay, it's that good. Didn't want it to be as it cost a bit, but yes it is. I save this for when I really want my lips to last or my color to pop. Since it is expensive, I don't use it too casually. But yay, it is that good, it does make a difference, it is worth it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by whiteparfait

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

When I opened the primer it "popped" out. A shame but I can live with a broken primer. Doesn't really bother me. The primer is just perfect. Makes my dry lips look fantastic. BUT it doesn't do anything to make my lipstick last.