MAC Prep + Prime Lip

4.1

on 6/28/2015 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this, not knowing what to expect for a lip primer. Turns out, I love it! Especially with lip glosses (as I rarely wear lipstick). I wear lip gloss everyday. The MAC's Lip Prep+Prime smooths out the fines lines of my lips and the dry mini patches to let the gloss glide over my lips effortlessly and flawlessly. Plus, it holds my gloss longer throughout the day and it doesn't run neither. I absolutly recommend this lip primer, it is great and it makes my lips feel hydrated. I own the NYX Lip Primer in Nude and I by far prefer MAC's lip primer.

on 6/17/2015 12:41:00 AM

Okay, this is AWESOME. It makes those impossible lipsticks possible to use. It helps me to glide my matte lipstick (Ruby Woo) and stays in place for the whole night. The price is comparable to other brands but I am not going to try others because this one got me deeply.

on 5/21/2015 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I will not, can not, ever try another lip primer as long as Mac continue to sell this product. My matte lipsticks glide on effortlessly now and smooth. My lipliner goes on smooth. My Mac lipstick use to fade after 30 minutes before I discovered this product. I used this lip primer and my flat out fabulous retro Mac lipstick at 2:40 this afternoon.Here it is going on 7:25pm and yes...my lipstick is Still on virbrant and intact and not cracking. Omg. I just ate a homemade meatball sub and cinnamon roll and hot tea and yessss honey....my lipstick is Still on. It's amazing I never seen anything like this. The primer goes on silky like a chapstick. After 60 seconds it becomes more solid and concentrated and non sticky.still my lips feel hydrated 😕 without regular chapstick underneath. Then I apply my lipstick and my lipstick goes on so smooth and my matte lipstick dont have that crusty crack head look. I'm so happy with this product. For its performance, I don't think 16 is a lot I think it's cheap it's that good trust me.

on 5/4/2015 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great lip primer if like me you love matte lipstick but find them too chalky and drying on the lips. The smooth clear stick provides just enough 'slip' to allow easy application of the matte lipstick without compromising the finish or the lasting power ( which is forever with a Mac matte!). I adore a matte red lip but hate the dry feeling on my lips so this primer has solved the problem at last. I haven't tried it with other formulas as I don't feel it's necessary.....but for a matte lip, it's essential!

on 4/5/2015 9:58:00 PM

Pros:
Last about 6 hrs before lips feel/look dry and wrinkled under lip pencil and satin lipstick
Color lasts all day
Smells great
Feels really hydrating

Unsure:
If it stops feathering since I have a pretty aggressive plan of attack for that already
Doesn't seem too fill in lip lines as much as SA claimed it would

Cons
Price
Hasn't broken on me yet but I can see how it could
Feel like I could be a bit more product for the price.

on 4/2/2015 2:41:00 PM

I find that this works, but only when paired with the right lipsticks -- and when that happens, it WORKS. For example, if I wear it under my NARS Anita, it makes it look crinkly and weird. But, wear it under my Kat Von D super-matte Studded Kiss lippie and it makes it wear sooooo smoothly and ups the lasting power by hours.

I wouldn't consider this a must-have item, but I like this product because it helps me wear lipsticks that normally would be too fussy, etc. It *really* helps with the WnW matte and MAC Amplified lippies I sometimes have issues with. So I justify this purchase by telling myself a lot of stuff I've bought and disliked weren't a TOTAL waste... (lol)

Anyhow, I'll echo the other reviews: apply this, and wait until it's just a bit tacky to go in with the lipstick. If you wear it alone, it really smoothes out lips -- not like a balm (though it can be moisturizing) but like a face primer.

on 3/12/2015 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Must have for use under matte lipsticks. Makes lips velvety smoothe and listick lasts all day. No chipping or dry look to lips. To be used with daily lip exfoliator

on 3/5/2015 12:32:00 AM

im really unsure what this is actually ment to do i guess its like any other primer ment to smooth the base and make product last longer so thought i shall try it after it being a "top" mac product but for me it does nothing.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Wow nice vanilla scent and smell-like fragrence and plus it lasts a long time. Thus after I baught it, then here I go, trying so hard not to, due to other friends comments --> I accidentally broke it, but then after I read the reviews I felt like I wasn't alone as it also happened to others. It works mainly for MAC cosmetics, I also use it with loreal lipstick products and works wonders too. this is not lip-gloss like I have thought or liquid lipstick, I learned my lesson with that it makes cracks and doesn't go on the lines easily makes cracked lines. I love this primer, not my HG (holy grail), but the lipsticks stay on 8+ hours withthis. Excellent primer, it should be smaller and wider, but I love slim lipsticks. I was intrigued by the slim packaging in the mysterious colour black, I put the primer on wait five minutes and apply lipstick, I was hoping at first it would be a lip balm, but no it is not. I got this ay Macy's at the palisades mall in palisades upstate New York West Nyack, with my ex-boyfriend, and biggest mall in all of New York. I wish that I an go to the mall of America in Minnesoota, I've been there before when I was little, but I don't remember, my mommy got makeup there um uh aw oh about lemme think a second, well persee fiftenen year ago. I wonder what they have a larger selection of makeup? Man I getting off topic here sorry, I love to comment and write reviews. I still use it daily. I had it fior six months. I will buy again. continue use, and use more mac cosmtics like eyeshadows and lipglosses, for contouring n foundation and concealer, Bare Escentuals (Bare Minerals) is my thingy. I'm an au natural earthy go-girl, so that's that. I do mix cosmtics. I like my minerals, easy to remove makeup before bedtime, when I wear makeup I don't look like I'm even wearing it. I didn't put in five lippies, beause it broke from the bottom and cracked in half I put it back in the tube. Please do not discontinue.Have a very nice day everyone

on 2/17/2015 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Ah MAC, My favourite lip colours are candy yum yum and cyber. Both renowned for not looking so hot as soon as you leave the house. Very sad :( I hadn't worn them for a long time. I wouldn't say I have particularly dry lips, I use the lush lip scrub before I apply then lanisoh nipple balm. I found many positive reviews online about this and IT WORKS! This makes the lip colour go on smooth, you do have to reapply of course but rather than pilling up on your lips in a big dry mess, this primer makes it all so smooth! You can use it on it's own just to 're smooth' the lip colour. As with all primers, apply a bit then allow it to soak in for a little bit. Pros- It does what it's meant to! Cons- It can snap off in the tube when it winds up. Be gentle :)

Popular Lip Treatments