MAC Prep + Prime Lip

4.1

on 3/5/2015 12:32:00 AM

im really unsure what this is actually ment to do i guess its like any other primer ment to smooth the base and make product last longer so thought i shall try it after it being a "top" mac product but for me it does nothing.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Wow nice vanilla scent and smell-like fragrence and plus it lasts a long time. Thus after I baught it, then here I go, trying so hard not to, due to other friends comments --> I accidentally broke it, but then after I read the reviews I felt like I wasn't alone as it also happened to others. It works mainly for MAC cosmetics, I also use it with loreal lipstick products and works wonders too. this is not lip-gloss like I have thought or liquid lipstick, I learned my lesson with that it makes cracks and doesn't go on the lines easily makes cracked lines. I love this primer, not my HG (holy grail), but the lipsticks stay on 8+ hours withthis. Excellent primer, it should be smaller and wider, but I love slim lipsticks. I was intrigued by the slim packaging in the mysterious colour black, I put the primer on wait five minutes and apply lipstick, I was hoping at first it would be a lip balm, but no it is not. I got this ay Macy's at the palisades mall in palisades upstate New York West Nyack, with my ex-boyfriend, and biggest mall in all of New York. I wish that I an go to the mall of America in Minnesoota, I've been there before when I was little, but I don't remember, my mommy got makeup there um uh aw oh about lemme think a second, well persee fiftenen year ago. I wonder what they have a larger selection of makeup? Man I getting off topic here sorry, I love to comment and write reviews. I still use it daily. I had it fior six months. I will buy again. continue use, and use more mac cosmtics like eyeshadows and lipglosses, for contouring n foundation and concealer, Bare Escentuals (Bare Minerals) is my thingy. I'm an au natural earthy go-girl, so that's that. I do mix cosmtics. I like my minerals, easy to remove makeup before bedtime, when I wear makeup I don't look like I'm even wearing it. I didn't put in five lippies, beause it broke from the bottom and cracked in half I put it back in the tube. Please do not discontinue.Have a very nice day everyone

on 2/17/2015 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Ah MAC, My favourite lip colours are candy yum yum and cyber. Both renowned for not looking so hot as soon as you leave the house. Very sad :( I hadn't worn them for a long time. I wouldn't say I have particularly dry lips, I use the lush lip scrub before I apply then lanisoh nipple balm. I found many positive reviews online about this and IT WORKS! This makes the lip colour go on smooth, you do have to reapply of course but rather than pilling up on your lips in a big dry mess, this primer makes it all so smooth! You can use it on it's own just to 're smooth' the lip colour. As with all primers, apply a bit then allow it to soak in for a little bit. Pros- It does what it's meant to! Cons- It can snap off in the tube when it winds up. Be gentle :)

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

In short - I love this product. It is fantastic. I have it on my desk at work together with whatever lip product I am using that day. I have a hard time applying lip stick without it, because I just know it won't feel as good or last as long.

It gives great pay off to the lip colour you apply over the top. Just fantastic. Would be lost without it!

Pros:
- Goes on so silky smooth
- Gives longer stay to your lip sticks
- No weird scent
- Elegant slim packaging

Cons:
- Price but that's MAC for you

on 1/14/2015 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Ok girls, let me introduce myself. I am the founder of dry lips. I love wearing a nice colour on the lips but I sincerely hate the feeling lipstick can give your lips throughout the day: dry a falky bleeehh. I've tried any lipproduct you can think of to apply underneath lipsticks, but nothing actually worked for me.
Then, lately, I was snooping around in a candy shop called the Mac Store and I was discussing my problem with a mua. She assured me this prep and prime thing would solve all of my problems, and so, I indulged. Trust me, you can not imagine how thankful I am to her!

Pro's: - Hydrates the lips, all day every day
- Makes the lips look photoshopped fabulous
- Makes it so much easier to apply lipstick or lip pencil, or whatever make up exists for the lips
- Makes the colour stay for a looong time

Con's
- None
- Ok it is a bit pricey

on 12/3/2014 3:54:00 PM

I had this odd problem of not being able to get my lipsticks to cover my lips in the center of my mouth where my lips meet. I couldn't fix the problem with new application techniques, blotting, etc. I bought this stuff, and my lipstick now covers my entire mouth and lasts several hours longer than it did before. It also makes mattes much more friendly to apply. I will continue to repurchase, I just hope MAC doesn't decide to up the price of this product too.

on 11/12/2014 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It's good even better with MAC lipsticks. The only issue is the price it goes for more than $20 in Nigeria. It makes the colour really pop regardless of your lip colour. It lasts longer and even after wiping my lips with a tissue I could still clearly see the lipstick colour for hours.

on 10/29/2014 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

YES YES I would definitely buy this product again and again. I don't know how my lipsticks would go on my dry lips if I didn't have this. Vaseline or regular lip balms just doesn't do the job.
Highly recommended to everyone.

on 10/6/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was a little nervous trying this product because MAC lipstick usually dries out my lips, but this product didnít dry them out at all instead it moisturized my lips! It also kept my lipstick from running or getting on my teeth! It did help my lipstick stay on for a bit longer but nothing extraordinary. It also kept my lipstick looking even on my lips because sometimes only certain parts of my lips will begin to fade and then it looks really bad! If you have dry lips I would defiantly suggest this product for you, if you are looking for something that stays all day and donít have dry lips, I would try a lip stain.

on 5/20/2014 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It has changed my life...
I have lots of Mac's matte and retro matte and they all looked terrible in my mouth. Gorgeous shades, of course, but they didn't look good, super dry and with "lipstick crumbs.. After the prep+prime, they look perfect... I didn't get the same result with other lip balms... This primer is different, it seems like it was made to wear with matte lipsticks...
As I am a creamy lipstick type of girl, now I can wear the matte colors, whithout the feeling that my lips are dry, about to crack!
I'm super happy with it... It's expensive but worth it...because now I can use lots of lipsticks that I love but looked bad on me... Now they all look gorg!

Popular Lip Treatments