November 23, 2014 | 951 users online

Lip Gloss - Clinique - Color Surge Impossibly Glossy Loveable Plum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2007 12:38:00 AM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

GORGEOUS. The color is berry plum, like it says in another review, with some sparkle! This one I need a mirror to apply because it doesn't apply super evenly, but for the extra 2 seconds' work it is a stunning gloss. It's not the least bit sticky or heavy feeling on the lips, GREAT lasting power, and the color is just beautiful. I'm cool-toned PPP and it is not too much. It looks kind of dark and scary in the tube (for a pale gal like myself) but do not fear! This is my fav. of the impossibly glossies.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2006 8:26:00 PM More reviews by thekeek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Out of boatloads of glosses, this is my favorite. The texture is silky, but the color stays a while, and it has no scent or fragrance, which is the best thing about it. The color is a yummy, pinkish red that goes well with my dark eyes and silver hair. It is shiny without being too RuPaul, and does not dry my lips at all—works more like a lip balm, really. I look forward to trying more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2005 11:50:00 AM More reviews by RachelDKT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a pretty plum color on me, not too dark, but plum enough to make my eyes pop a bit. I like that this is shiny without being frosty. Not a huge fan of frosty gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2005 1:17:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

Looks very dark in the tube, but this is a true, rich plum color with very fine gold shimmer. I cannot wear dark colors of any hue without my face looking dirty, but this is more sheer, while still leaving a beautiful deposit of color. Perfect for fall and very flattering for MMM's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2005 1:50:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Loveable Plum is part of Clinique's Fall '05 collection which features several new glosses besides this one, a mirrored eye shadow palette in purple hues and a purple mascara. Like the other Color Surge Impossibly Glosses this comes in a slanted tube applicator which I love, it's so convenient! The consistency of the gloss is very good, thick enough to ensure relatively good staying power without being overly sticky. I also appreciate how it's quite moisturizing on my lips. Loveable Plum is a cooler pinkish plum, a tad darker than Sugar Plum. Loveable Plum is a good choice for my highly pigmented lips, where most lip glosses just go on shiny without leaving much of a tint. This goes on sheer but adds a nice plum hue without fuchsia tones. Very happy with my purchase, these Color Surge Impossibly Glossy are my favorite lip glosses. You get a decent amount of excellent product for your money, I would definitely repurchase.