April 25, 2014 | 1109 users online

Toners - Avene - Cleanance - Anti-Shine Purifying Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Chinesegirl04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Didnt see any improvement on my skin. Didnt do bad to my skin either.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2014 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Rubine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive/oily acne-prone skin. The first two weeks of using it my skin became only more shiny, the exact opposite of what is supposed to do. It's rather harsh on your skin. So I stopped and didn't re-use it until half a year later when I ran out of my other one and needed something quick. This time, it didn't make my skin shiny, just a little dry.

I used it up completely, but I can't say it worked very well for me. It cleans your skin but it doesn't make it matte and I couldn't use it without moisturising afterwards. Other Avene products do miracles for me though, so this was just a one-off thing that didn't work for me I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

This does what it says- reduces shine, gives you a good matte look. I just don't quite know where it fits into my skincare routine. I can use it after cleansing in the morning, or as a top up throughout the day whenever my skin looks too shiny- but it feels like a lot of money to spend for this sole purpose. I guess if you were really insecure about being oily/shiny then this would be a miracle product- but for me it just doesn't bother me enough to merit the extra purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 5:45:00 AM More reviews by niahana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

so far, all of avene products that i have use are not a disappointment to me and this is not an exception! althought it doesnt do anything with my t-zone area when i apply my bb cream but it still somehow absorbs excess oil from my skin when i use it during the night. not only that, it also amazingly reduce the redness on my popped acne which is a total exhilaration for me! oh man, how i love this product! this also includes in my repurchase list <3<3

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by hriz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Don't see any difference with it... Also the bottle goes pretty quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by wawakim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I moved to Madrid about a year ago (i'm from England) and my skin started breaking out really badly! I've never had any serious skin problems before. I've tried every cleanser and toner there is to buy and wasted tonnes of money. I didn't want to try Avene cleanence because I had a reaction to there sensitive range. So out desperation I bought the gel cleanser, which was ok, but didn't really clear my skin, so I thought i'd try it with the purifying lotion. One week later my skin is clearing. The main problem I had was my forehead where I got loads of hard red pimples, this has now completely disappeared and all I have on my face are a few old zits that are healing. It also keeps my skin shine free and I have super oily skin (when the wind blows my hair sticks to my face). Ok so don't know if this will work for everyone but it has for me (touch wood).

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Catkins

Very dissapoining, this did nothing for my skin at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by earthlili

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. Doesn't irritate my skin and makes all my favourite foundations useable. I keep use to my nose and upper cheeks and only a small section of my forehead and use tinted moisturiser over it. My face feels cooler and there is no oil by the end of my working day. Really pleased and will be purchasing again.
Update: I still feel it works well but I never did finish the bottle and have begun using something else. The scent of this just really makes me think twice about using it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use this in the morning, it works quite well at wiping away sweat and whatever else might be on your face after sleeping, but it doesn't take off make-up or anything. It isn't meant to. I actually really like this product, it keeps skin matte, however since I have discovered Avene's micellar lotion I simply use that morning and night. Because the micellar lotion also gets rid of makeup and other dirt, I prefer that one and I don't really see a special reason to use both. But if you're looking for a nice mattifying toner, this will do the trick very well. No breakouts, just clean, comfortable skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this twice. Not because it was so good. It was because, the first time I bought it, I took it with me on a trip and the bottle leaked all over my stuff. Everything was wet and my makeup bag was ruined. I was not happy. More so, because I had only gotten about a week's use out of it.
So I bought it a second time, because I wanted to be able to form a proper opinion. And in my opinion, this is utter rubbish. All the nonsense about "thermal spring water" and "purifying" - whatever. It does not mattify, doesn't particularly purify, and it contains alcohol.
As I have already mentioned, the packaging is not very good, and I don't recommend taking the bottle on a trip. It will leak all over your suitcase.
I finished it, but won't repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No